Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    The moment they allowed night elves to become mages is when all the restrictions should have been dropped anyway.
    We are talking about a group that nearly caused the end of the world, after that, the whole night elf culture changed completely to druid.
    Yet suddenly they were allowed back in.
    But that doesn't mean Night Elves lack the capacity to be mages. There's a profound difference there.

I'd have a hard time believing Humans, Undead or Blood Elves have the capacity to be druids or shaman.

The only equitable thing to Night Elf mages are Draenei Warlocks... and frankly, the demons and fel powers are a lot more of a sore spot with Draenei than arcane magics are with Night Elves.

If they're going to be adding class/race combos, they should add Worgen paladins (no reason a Worgen couldn't be trained as a paladin,) Draenei Rogues (the Rangari are basically rogues,) and gnome hunters, because they're the last class that can't be hunters, and if goblins can manage a pet I'm sure gnomes can.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-12-22 at 06:39 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'd love to see Gnome Hunters, Undead Paladins, Worgen Shamans, and Draenei Warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'd have a hard time believing Humans, Undead or Blood Elves have the capacity to be druids or shaman.
    I had a hard time believing goblins who don't give two shits about nature or the elements could be shaman yet they allowed that, granted it isn't as bad as undead paladins or a warlock draenei but it's still two fingers up at the shaman class.

Blood elf Druid would destroy Horde race representation. It'd be a Tauren extinction event.

My ideas involve loosening the definition of what makes a Paladin a Paladin. It's stated in lore that holy energy has many derivatives. If they worship, they can use holy energy.

Orc priest (shadowmoon says hi, though holy makes no sense but neither does undead holy)
    Worgen and gnome Paladins
    Goblin Paladins (they do worship the light albeit for all the wrong reasons)
    Troll Paladins - the Loa have the power of holy energy
    Draenei rogue and warlock (the rangari and perhaps scholars of the Sargerei, who master the power of warlocks as a means to understand their power?)

Basically, my ideas stem more on giving the under represented races more combinations, and avoiding giving the "big 3" humans night elves and blood elves any more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    Because why not. Bows too hard to short people? I personally feel Hunter should be right there with Warrior and each race should be able to be them. Plus Gnomes are the only race without mail.
    Goblins can be hunters and they aren't any larger than gnomes. Also, gnomes can be *warriors* and *death knights*. They can tank. What's so hard about picking up a bow? There is lore to support gnome paladins. They can be warriors and priests, and in lore that's how the first paladins were created, by basically combining the two. Plus the gnomes are closely associated with the dwarves who can also be paladins.

Definitely Worgen Paladins! And, for the horde, I'll take Blood Elf Druids for $500 alex

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Definitely Worgen Paladins! And, for the horde, I'll take Blood Elf Druids for $500 alex
    There are blood elf druids in Botanica. And keep in mind that the high elves were originally exiled night elves, who had strong druidic tendencies. So it's not like the concept of druids was unknown to them. Sure, they may have practiced it less and less over time, but there were plenty of references to "elven druids" in Warcraft 2, before night elves were even thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Goblins can be hunters and they aren't any larger than gnomes. Also, gnomes can be *warriors* and *death knights*. They can tank. What's so hard about picking up a bow? There is lore to support gnome paladins. They can be warriors and priests, and in lore that's how the first paladins were created, by basically combining the two. Plus the gnomes are closely associated with the dwarves who can also be paladins.
    Yea sure. I would be fine with Gnome Paladins too. I'm sorry if i gave off the impression I wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Blood elf Druids.
    Screw lore, blizz can make something up.
    Last time I checked, that's what they did in the first place, as in, yah, that's what lore is in wow, a made up, fictional story.
    Sorta what makes me laugh my freakin butt off when people get twisted up about it.
    Like they are reading scripture from the fucking bible....so much facepalm
    It's like "DOOD it's MAKE BELIEVE! fucking relax before you have ANOTHER nose bleed."

ot: like what combos left are there? at this point who gives a fuck? open the floodgates, class restrictions are fucking dumb.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    After 10 years, I think it's time for ALL restictions to be lifted
    I agree, wtb Tauren Rogues!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Last time I checked, that's what they did in the first place, as in, yah, that's what lore is in wow, a made up, fictional story.
    Sorta what makes me laugh my freakin butt off when people get twisted up about it.
    Like they are reading scripture from the fucking bible....so much facepalm
    It's like "DOOD it's MAKE BELIEVE! fucking relax before you have ANOTHER nose bleed."

ot: like what combos left are there? at this point who gives a fuck? open the floodgates, class restrictions are fucking dumb.
    Then I should be able to play as a Drow Ranger or a Sith Twi'lek in WoW, right?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

class restriction are a relic from the past and still there from just one reason, blizzard had established that the money gain from the potential race changes is not enough to justify the time invested into revisiting all the armors and weapons to make them fit properly on other races plus in the druid case to design the new forms.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    As a Horde player i only want 1 combo:

Forsaken Paladin
    Same.

Lore explanation: A group of Forsaken has gone rogue and is trying to dethrone Sylvanas. In an effort to strike down the revolution, she raises Sir Zeliek from the dead with her undead-raising valkyrie thingies and forces him to train a group of Forsaken how to become Paladins so they can burn the heretics to ashes.

There, just plausible enough to fit in the game and just half-assed enough so as not to require a big effort to implement.

GG Blizzard, hire me.

Horde:
    Orc priests
    Troll paladins
    Tauren rogues
    blood elf druids

Alliance:
    Draenei rogues
    Gnome hunters
    NE paladins
    Dwarf druids
    Gnome paladin or Shaman

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    Same.

Lore explanation: A group of Forsaken has gone rogue and is trying to dethrone Sylvanas. In an effort to strike down the revolution, she raises Sir Zeliek from the dead with her undead-raising valkyrie thingies and forces him to train a group of Forsaken how to become Paladins so they can burn the heretics to ashes.

There, just plausible enough to fit in the game and just half-assed enough so as not to require a big effort to implement.

GG Blizzard, hire me.
    wont work and you people need to quit trying
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    class restriction are a relic from the past and still there from just one reason, blizzard had established that the money gain from the potential race changes is not enough to justify the time invested into revisiting all the armors and weapons to make them fit properly on other races plus in the druid case to design the new forms.
    The only armor models that would need investigating are the helms, and they already make those for each race/gender anyway.

Besides. Gnome Druid is just insipid.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by jac9996 View Post
    I had a hard time believing goblins who don't give two shits about nature or the elements could be shaman yet they allowed that, granted it isn't as bad as undead paladins or a warlock draenei but it's still two fingers up at the shaman class.
    so Goblins having a contract with the elements annoys you?

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Opening up all races to all classes will just kill the cultural niches that make the races special. Agree or disagree on the decisions Blizzard makes regarding their races, as an RPer in an RPG, I don't think that's the solution.
    The cultural niche of a race is called their racials. Tauren in general may not approve of such things as Warlocks *cough* Orcs in general don't approve of Warlocks either *cough*) but that can't possibly mean that every single Tauren across every single inch of Azeroth all have steadfastly agreed to not be Warlocks. Tauren by definition are not simply incapable of being a Warlock. If you can find one solid piece of lore that states that Tauren absolutely can not be Warlocks, can not learn to summon and control a demon, then I'll admit I'm wrong, but there's nothing I can think of that states such a thing.

The people having a fit over Gnome Hunters need to realize one very important thing. Gnomes are not significantly smaller than Goblins and even if they were, please take a good long look at circuses. Animals have no problem whatsoever listening to whatever exerts authority. Could the lion eat the lion tamer? Easily. The lion tamer could be very, very dead if the lion ever decided to do so. The lion is not only bigger than he is, but significantly stronger and faster. But the lion tamer has control, the lion tamer has the authority in the relationship between the two. Size doesn't matter, it's all in the ability to prove yourself the dominant one over the animal. I don't know about you, but Gnomes have enough fancy gadgets and ways of hurting an animal should it not behave as they expect it to that I have no problem believing a Gnome could be a hunter.

The only real exception I can think of is the whole issue of Panderan hiding out on their turtle and being unable to be Death Knights. That being said, I'm sure Blizzard could figure out a way to make them work, I mean Taurens worshipping the sun suddenly started spitting out Tauren Paladins...

Races would remain unique. Racials would still be important to people. Class/Race combos need to be completely opened up.

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    After 10 years, I think it's time for ALL restictions to be lifted
    That would be like lifting restriction from dwarfs in Dragon Age that they can be mages....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Blood elf Druids.
    Screw lore, blizz can make something up.
    well... according to the Warcraft 2 manual there are known to be or were known to be high elf druids, and there is a Blood elf druid in the Botanica dungeon. So sure Blood elf druids would be great!
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    That would be like lifting restriction from dwarfs in Dragon Age that they can be mages....
    which they cant. i dont remember the reason but something blocks their ability to learn magic.