Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thpthpthp View Post
    The spec is called Marksman, and the class is Hunter, neither of those words imply having a pet. If you want to debate whether it feels good gameplay wise you may have an argument.
    Yeah you're right, the Marksmanship spec should be removed or completely remade into a form that is unrecognisable to what it is now. It doesn't fit the Warcraft Hunter archetype at all.

I like marksmen and not using a pet, but spamming aimed shot is worse than aids
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dagrimone View Post
    so we just got off an xpac where bm and surv were the way to go (i flipped from bm to surv a couple of times during pandaland) however now in
    WoD mm is better dps wise (for the most part) and the lone wolf talent takes away the use of the pet

my question is... do you still feel like a hunter cus i dont... yea sure i still fire arrows but i feel more like an archer rather then a hunter to me
    being a hunter is having a pet NOT using a bow i mean as mm you dont do anything with pets theres no need to tame any pets cus ur not going to use them its the first time i have used mm spec as it was i believe a broken spec for a long time (sorry i have always previously used bm/surv

i just wanted to gauge the hunter playerbase really and see if i was lone wolf on this as well as in game...

i would rather they got rid of the lone wolf talent and made it so you melee instead with your pet kinda like rexxar with two axes though they would need to rename the spec i guess...
    Personally, lone wolf is a talent I've wanted for years and I'm glad we got it. The fact that it is one of the top choices for DPS, probably not the best thing for the playerbase since a lot of people picked the hunter class for the pet. You aren't forced to choose it but if you're min maxing... you're fucked.

As for "Lore" wise or whatever you want to call it makes more sense to not have a pet. Whenever you see stories or folk tales, most archers are alone without having a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by dagrimone View Post
    um... as far as i know hunter in lore of wow have always had pets yes they hunt things but its with pets would be nice to kno where you get your lore that they dont have pets (unless your thinking about real life?? )
    Its funny how everyone throws the "lore" argument but no one ever bothers to come up with a proper reference.

Please tell me which hunter in lore actually has a pet (Other than Rexxar - Because Rexxar is melee BM and BM still uses a pet).
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Nope, I don't like the MM spec any more - it just feels like a really slow caster - so I stick to BM and SV.

Yes. Yes they do. /thread

A lot of the classes feel like they play the same with small differences (that can make pretty big differences) but I thought MM played nicely. It was a nice change from SV and BM in pandaland. It felt like it was completely different. Yes, hard casting aimed shot sucks, but I found there was a nice rhythm with it. It definitely still felt hunterish to me. Mobile and deadly. Sure, you had to briefly stop on your movement, but if you had to, you could keep moving and only blow 5% damage for a short time. If we were more like other casters, we'd be dead in the water on movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    Its funny how everyone throws the "lore" argument but no one ever bothers to come up with a proper reference.

Please tell me which hunter in lore actually has a pet (Other than Rexxar - Because Rexxar is melee BM and BM still uses a pet).
    All the trainers. They are NPCs in the game. Just because their story isn't told doesn't mean they are without one.