Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

I can´t recognize my Shadowpriest anymore.... One talent has ruined it!

I know i know, theres plenty of whine posts about Dot Weaving and CoP in general, but i feel that it needs to be adressed more seriously.

Ive been playing/raiding with my priest for 7 years. always as shadow. Ive seen the ups and downs when scaling has been good and bad. But NEVER have a shadowpriest strayed from its main assets: The dots!

Yes we are in good position because of our singletarget dmg from CoP, but it feels unnatural at best to play like this. If i wanted a 100% rota based class, i would play something else. I want my dot spreading back! i dont care if it takes us a few nods down the ranks on ST fights, as long as we are as good as always with 2+ targets!

I would accept this as a choice, if only other talents would let us play as we always have - spreading dots and using our MF! Mindspike is a horrible spell (cancelling dots, like WTF??), and it feels like CoP is only in the game to make people use a spell, they have never used before, but then cancelling out the way a priest feels and plays...

CoP in its current state, lets you only play with this talent and dot weaving on almost all fights, due to the weakness of the dots and Mind Sear.

I rarely play my priest as dmg anymore. Even if its usually in the top when i do. I play it as healer, and my mage/hunter for dps. I really hope Blizz means it, when they say they will buff the other 2 talents, to make them viable, and hopefully end this mindnumbing Mindspike/no dot fest....

I miss my Shadowpriest and what it used to play like!!!

Am i the only one who feels this way?
    Last edited by mmocd344c38da9; 2014-12-22 at 12:35 PM.

Deleted
    No, if you can't accept changes, then change class.
    That simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillo View Post
    That simple.
    Wow, just wow.

Thank you for NOT reading my post before answering.

I actually wrote: "I rarely play my priest as dmg anymore. Even if its usually in the top when i do. I play it as healer and my mage/hunter for dps."

That does not mean, that i cant have feelings about how my main through 7!!!! years is playing!!!

Jesus! You must be one of those guys who finally maneges to top a dps meter and dont care how, or just rolled a priest cause its ST FOTM.
    Last edited by mmocd344c38da9; 2014-12-22 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    Play AS then. Its not that bad on most fights.

Deleted
    AS is not a choice atm if you want to stay competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    AS is not a choice atm if you want to stay competitive.
    Competitive where? Race is over, now you can just gear up and kill the boss. The 10% less dps you do can be bridged by more gear, something which is not always possible during world 1'st.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    I miss my Shadowpriest and what it used to play like!!!

No you are not.
    Don't get me wrong: CoP is fine on fights like butcher, but it's not the Shadow I used to love for 8 years.

I am currently trying out AS + SoD to get away from the Insanity thing for a while and while the playstyle is fun I pay for it by doing 10% less damage than my co shadow.

What's so annoying about CoP dotweave is that even if you suck at it and dislike it, you STILL do more DPS than speccing AS which makes my raidlead go "WTF you're doing, dude?"

Deleted
    I like CoP, it feels like playing a total different spec. Like a destro lock for example. In the further i would imagine we finally can choice with our 100 talents if we want to exceed in ST , cleave or multi target. I cant wait until our talents get a fair balance. Fuethure looks sweet.
    Last edited by mmoc5f5f54ff7d; 2014-12-22 at 01:57 PM.

It's not like you have to play it. Spec vent or as, you're not trying for anything hard anyway.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It's not like you have to play it. Spec vent or as, you're not trying for anything hard anyway.
    Why play, if you dont play the best there is? Its not a choice really. Its even stated several times on the website you moderate. There is no real choice nomatter the fight.

As said, i would love for all talents to be viable for different situations. I could cope with CoP on Butcher fights. Its not a 1-2% cut you take for chosing another talent.. Its 10-15%.

And another thing: A bit of arrogance saying "im not trying for anything hard anyway". The game is about optimizing and progression. Who are you to judge what matters and when?
    Last edited by mmocd344c38da9; 2014-12-22 at 02:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    You are aware that non WF guilds have a similar mindset to the top guilds, right?

If you are struggling on eg: Trans P2 om Emperor HC (probably trivial to superhuman players like you, but bear with me) and your raidlead knows that you can do 10% more damage by flipping a switch, he will ask you to flip that switch of find someone who is willing to flip it.

So for all intents and purposes: I can derp around with AS on farm bosses as much as I want. But when it counts CoP is a must.

And that's why even Blizzard admitted that they need to do a better job at balancing it.

I personally love CoP .. so no.

Deleted
    I hated shadow during all of MoP, you have no idea how dissapointed i was when they decided not to keep the nuke rotation from Dragonsoul 4-piece.

I now enjoy shadow again because of CoP.

They should make the other level 100 options more viable though, obviously, for those who prefer that playstyle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maizensh View Post
    Competitive where? Race is over, now you can just gear up and kill the boss. The 10% less dps you do can be bridged by more gear, something which is not always possible during world 1'st.
    This makes no sense and has been completely taken out of context.
    With competitive he clearly means in his own raid, as no sucking last place cause he wants to keep the feeling a spriest.
    Since when had world first something to do with talent specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    They should make the other level 100 options more viable though, obviously, for those who prefer that playstyle.
    That's all I want.
    More choice is always better.

Though I am still curious whether Blizzard will tolerate CoP-Dotweave in the long run or do something to break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    I hated shadow during all of MoP, you have no idea how dissapointed i was when they decided not to keep the nuke rotation from Dragonsoul 4-piece.

I now enjoy shadow again because of CoP.

I rerolled Mage for this same exact reason! COP brings forth a some desire now to level up my old Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    This makes no sense and has been completely taken out of context.
    With competitive he clearly means in his own raid, as no sucking last place cause he wants to keep the feeling a spriest.
    Since when had world first something to do with talent specs.
    Well, for me being competitive means aiming for world first, or at least realm first. If you're anywhere near that category then yes, right now you must go CoP. And frankly the lack of choice sucks, and AS needs to be buffed.
    However, if you raid in guild which is not about cutting edge progression while undergeared then I really don't see the problem of playing the spec you like as long as it's viable, and 10% below on dps is viable. In no way even near optimal, but viable. To put it into perspective, people loose much more than 10% because of errors in rotation, cds and just other mistakes.
    Still, if you're serious about raiding just don't want it to be hardcore, check the logs and see if what your raid needs is that 10% extra dps from you and if you can really deliver the optimal CoP rotation. It is rarely the case though.

You say you do 10% less DPS, would you mind posting log comparisons? Because honestly, I've found that in most cases the DPS loss is due less to the talents themselves than the ease of use/ how used to the talent the player is.

For example, Combat was outdpsing Assassination for rogues last xpac by about 10-15% but I was doing more damage as Assassin because I knew it a lot better

And please don't tell me "Simcraft said so", Simcraft is meant to be a very rough estimate and doesn't actually reflect real ingame numbers.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillo View Post
    That simple.
    What's simple is a little human decency and politeness when dealing with other people.

You don't speak for the entire priest community, I'm sure there are many people that share the OP's feelings.

If you have nothing constructive to say, get out.

On topic: I like the idea of the talent, it just needs to be in line with the other two so spriests aren't pigeonholed into that one talent. Options and diversity are good, mandatory talents are not.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    You say you do 10% less DPS, would you mind posting log comparisons?
    No logs but that's what I see in my tests.
    If I go other pecs my Co shadow is around 10-15% ahead of me.
    We are equal in skill (and almost in gear) so it comes down to RNG and fight mechanics or we're pretty much even.

Sure it's not crippling and no one says anything on non DPS problematic bosses, but as an officer I can't expect my fellow raid members to go all out and then not do it myself.