Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    MMO PvP will never be balanced. Are you only now realizing this OP?

i would give all my rogue cc for better dps
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Makronik View Post
    Title states my concern, nothing change, you got 2 rogues stunning you and you cannot do anything, CC is the same, you don't have any pvp resiliance/pvp power and how do you even play pvp without any stress or frustration?
    stop f***ing blaming holinka you whining shits you have no idea what goes into game creation. pvp is in the best state it has been, ever. it's an L2play issue here, pick a different class and continue being bad

Deleted
    The current PvP is pretty much just about using your cooldowns at a correct time and playing around
    your opponents cooldowns. Interrupting casts and peeling melee hold much less relevance than before.

HoJ -> Trap -> Fear on your healer is pretty stupid tho. Rets have such a good mobility now that staying
    outside the 20 yard HoJ range is usually impossible and it secures almost infinite CC chain with zero cast
    bars.

I would like to see ret HoJ range or cooldown get nerf batted, rogues and mages get some love and I think
    3v3 Arena would be in a pretty decent spot. PvP rewards, Ashran etc. all kinda suck balls, but I think 3v3
    arena isn't too far off being a very good competitive setting.

Combat rogue kidney shot is pretty stupid too, but they can nerf it after rogues receive some love first.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyderi View Post
    Burst of Skill is balanced, right? Spammable CC break and Sprint with 0 downside.
    Not 0 downside. Yes it's a little OP, however, Rogue damage may be the lowest of all the melees currently. It breaks CC and lets them get away, but if they are spamming it they are doing almost nil damage, as Burst of speed takes 30 energy. That would take approximately 3 seconds to regen. Spamming it, will definitely eat all their ability to do damage

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    stop f***ing blaming holinka you whining shits you have no idea what goes into game creation. pvp is in the best state it has been, ever. it's an L2play issue here, pick a different class and continue being bad
    That's some solid statement coming from a DK, m8. Go try playing a caster and tell us again how great PvP is.
    Blizzard has failed in their idea of making casts matter again. The hard cast spells don't matter one bit, they all hit like a wet noodle. You can leave a frost mage turreting frostbolts and basically nothing terrible is gonna happen.
    It's all about instants, procs and shitty mechanics again. Exactly not what Blizzard promised us.

Since when was PvP ever balanced?

At any point in time, there has always been complaints about PvP in general.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

When comparing to first seasons of other expansions, WoD PvP does not have that many issues and is overall playable to some extent.

Everybody remembers s5 DKs/surv hunters, s9 feral bleeds/warrior damage/ring of frost and finally my favorite; s12 warriors' 5 stack of taste for blood, 20s cd shockwave + 4s warbringer stun that did not DR with other stuns, hunter stampede + lynx rush combo that could be played to high rating without equipping a weapon, warlock instant fear spam, mage frost bomb. That season was incredibly fucked up.

That being said, there still are a few gamebreakers like 12s cd traps and 8s kidneys that do not have any place in the current metagame. Kinda ironic that they were working so hard to reduce CC across the board yet hunters are able to control people more than they could in MoP.

They've been pretty fast with the hotfixes and I'm hopeful that they will note these glaring issues and act quickly.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2014-12-23 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    Lol, someone plays a Ret, Feral or DK.

No, you should not be able to 1v2 rogues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Lol, someone plays a Ret, Feral or DK.
    Which is pretty much everyone that does pvp at a serious level and is not a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    You and whoever you're playing with are bad. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyderi View Post
    Burst of Skill is balanced, right? Spammable CC break and Sprint with 0 downside.
    it costs 30 energy and spamming it, you're going to run out of energy and not have enough to do any real damage, unlike hunters leling from hyjal to tanaris with disengage sprint and slows and traps to keep you further away.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    it costs 30 energy and spamming it, you're going to run out of energy and not have enough to do any real damage, unlike hunters leling from hyjal to tanaris with disengage sprint and slows and traps to keep you further away.
    Just mash burst of skill harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Amulree View Post
    I would agree that Brian Holinka is an abnormally poor designer
    What are your actual competences within the subject matter?

BoS breaks snares and only snares. why do people think it's a cc breaker?

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    BoS breaks snares and only snares. why do people think it's a cc breaker?
    Remove the speed boost part and it's balanced. Sprint is feeling kinda useless in the rogue's spell book. THINK OF POOR SPRINT!

rogues generally take shadowstep in arena. sprint gets plenty of use. removing the speed boost would cement shadowstep as the only choice for that tier.

Deleted
    FOTM classes still exist, CC is still too much, every class has some form of healing. Such a fail...

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing disarms from the game opens up ret paladins to being incredibly strong. Before you could just disarm their cooldowns and shut them down. DKs received insane buffs during beta and never quite got their nerfs in place giving them another top tier spot. Rogues are rogues and still have too long of stuns and chains to even be considered in line. Ferals gained increased healing and kept their burst. Since CC dr groupings have been shrunk we see certain classes just suck more and others jump up the ladder. I also feel like the number of casted spells for some casters is just too high and that gives melee a bigger edge on the whole group.

My only problem with burst of speed is for the get away scenarios in arena. if I kill one person at the same time they kill my teammate in a 2v2 and its just me and the rogue left, he can usually get away. If I grab the stealth detection orb, he just bursts of speed around the pillar, and just saps me if I somehow catch him. This allows him to reset his cds and get back to full hp. He then gets to start on me and drop me low. if he cant win, he can effectively reset the fight as many times as he wants in 20 minutes.