Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Could have been anything, not much point trying to fix it if it only happened once... Just see how the next couple of nights go.
    There's a severe flu outbreak going around the US. I'd assume Canada as well. I got laid out for a week with it, mostly with simple exhaustion. I'm in my prime, in great health, and it broke me. I know others who were bed ridden for two weeks.

The OP should see a doctor, flu or otherwise.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    There's a severe flu outbreak going around the US. I'd assume Canada as well. I got laid out for a week with it, mostly with simple exhaustion. I'm in my prime, in great health, and it broke me. I know others who were bed ridden for two weeks.

The OP should see a doctor, flu or otherwise.
    What do you think the doc is going to do for someone who "had the same 20 second dream over and over with 200% mind focus after smoking half a cigarette and eating shrimp" in someone presumably under the age of 25? Do you really think that warrants spending healthcare dollars? You'll be fine, insert sleep hygiene spiel here and get rest tonight.

Then again it's 2014, maybe he could get a script for Xanax 2mg 1 po qid #400

Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    What do you think the doc is going to do for someone who "had the same 20 second dream over and over with 200% mind focus after smoking half a cigarette and eating shrimp" in someone presumably under the age of 25? Do you really think that warrants spending healthcare dollars? You'll be fine, insert sleep hygiene spiel here and get rest tonight.

Then again it's 2014, maybe he could get a script for Xanax 2mg 1 po qid #400
    I get severely fucked up dreams when I have a fever. Just get it checked is all I'm saying.

(And if you have any spare xanax...)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segmented_sleep

It's really a thing. I usually sleep in two hour segments. If I wake up, it's best not to just lie there, I get the fuck up, make a snack, and read or watch some TV.
    im the same way, i rarely sleep more than 3-4 hours at a time.

I get severely fucked up dreams when I have a fever. Just get it checked is all I'm saying.

(And if you have any spare xanax...)
    There's nothing to check... we don't have tricorders. Go buy a thermometer.

Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    There's nothing to check... we don't have tricorders. Go buy a thermometer.
    Always did me well. I run about 99.5 as my baseline. Got me out of classes many times.

Deleted
    Don't try to self-diagnose, and don't look for diagnoses from people with Google who also love to self-diagnose and freak out about what it probably isn't... If this is the first time it's ever happened, you more than likely just had a shit night's sleep because of stress/noise/discomfort/illness - could be anything that caused it. If it keeps happening, go and see your doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've felt these exact same things you described on more than one occasion. The common denominator among all of them is that I was sick during all of them, usually with the good old annoying flu, mostly when I had fevers. Fever dreams or something, they're called.

Not one of my most pleasant experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaldeera View Post
    Ok so here's the deal. I went to sleep last night with slight nausea but that's not the issue.
    I kept having the same 30 second dream over and over all night long until I woke up and even when I was awake (particially) I was still thinking/having that dream. And now I feel even more tired than I was yesterday before going to bed.

During my sleep I was moving alot and was feeling cold/hot/cold and so on. Problem wasn't the dream itself it's that my mind was 200% focused on it, it was like working. The nausea might have been caused for smoking half a cigarette really fast right before going to sleep, and I ate shrimps 2 hours before sleep. That's all the information I have.

If anyone has any Idea let me know I'm curious and I would like to prevent it from happening again.
    Well, if you had a really rough sleep for one reason or another, that's prob most likely why you didn't feel recharged at all. I think better deeper sleep is needed for that to happen. Pretty normal to have a bad one now and then unless it's too frequent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Could have been a wide-array of things contributing to your poor sleep. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it continues.

That being said, you admit to being a smoker so you have to understand that your health is declining and will continue to decline.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    That being said, you admit to being a smoker so you have to understand that your health is declining and will continue to decline.
    I think that's just called "getting old." Smoking doesn't help it, makes it go faster, but none of us are getting any younger.

Deleted
    I like to take a long run if i cannot sleep...