Resto HC Butcher

So my ilvl is 644, and today I joined a HC Butcher group. I got my ass kicked by this holy paladin pulling twice the hps that I did and he had 643 ilvl. On top of that the holy paladin did the same hps as a 652 disc priest. Can someone tell me if druids are weak atm or if holy paladins are just out of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by op97 View Post
    So my ilvl is 644, and today I joined a HC Butcher group. I got my ass kicked by this holy paladin pulling twice the hps that I did and he had 643 ilvl. On top of that the holy paladin did the same hps as a 652 disc priest. Can someone tell me if druids are weak atm or if holy paladins are just out of this world.
    I don't think any of your concerns are actually true. If you had a log we could look at, that might help as a place to start.

Logs would be nice. Some general advice for butcher:

- Make sure your wild mushroom has 100% uptime covering the two camps. If they are too far apart ask them to be moved closer, cause recasting Wild Mushroom will kill your mana very quickly.
    - Spec: Germination + Hotw + ToL ( HoTw + ToL in the end gives a really huge boost to healing when it matters )
    - Resto druid should mainy be healing the debuff, most mana efficiant thing to do is just blanket them all with revju. Give the lower ones an extra Revju(Germination) & Spot heal with Swiftmend.
    - You could assist abit on tanks with hots & heals to keep Harmony rolling. <- Helps if you want to whore healing meters.
    - Use Wild Growth sparingly because mana. It will often hit the tanks since they are always taking damage, so I havent found it really effective on this boss. Unless you really need some more bursty AE heals I wouldnt use it.
    - Well timed Tranq in the end can be really helpful. <- For meter whoring use it right after the charge in the last phase

Paladin should be topping on that boss due to heavy tank damage, and with double beacon they can even snipe some heals on the camps for extra meter boost. Druids are in no way bad either, our hots counter the stacking debuff nicely. Hope this helps
    Last edited by makketota; 2014-12-22 at 05:16 PM.

With double Beacons Holy Paladins are absolute kings for that fight. Not to mention their well rounded kit, they just stomp everyone, and it it's not just that fight. They are easily the best healers currently. It's a close tie for 2nd between Druids and Disc Priests, but HPallys are #1 by a large margin. They little to no mana issues on any fights, and they don't worry about overhealing because of how effective they are at healing.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

Thanks for the replies. Especially SpaceJam who confirmed my theory. I was not so interested in improving my healing so no logs for you.

Quote Originally Posted by op97 View Post
    I was not so interested in improving my healing
    Always nice to be able to blame class imbalance then, isn't it? Check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    Always nice to be able to blame class imbalance then, isn't it? ]Check this out.[/URL]
    Not sure what your point is really.

The top druid F.E is in a raid without a holy pala.

Butcher is a V nice fight for holy pala / dpriest. Hence why theres like 20 druids in the top 200. Doesn't really say anything about overall balance, but your link means nothing. Especially when top healing logs usually rely on your raid LETTING you push healing more than anything else.

Not siding either way on the 'balance issue', but I think trying to say druid tank healing > pala is stupid, and massing HPS because your raid is using less healers for butcher / has handicapped healers doesn't mean much either.
    Last edited by silentdeathz; 2014-12-23 at 03:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    excuse me, but heroic butcher healing breakdowns by class skillwise is not always dictated by the top 200 parses. if you're not interested in improving (which every raider should be), don't ask for people to just stroke your ego and blame it on your class. you can just live in your own world.
    Pretty casual basically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post

- Make sure your wild mushroom has 100% uptime covering the two camps. If they are too far apart ask them to be moved closer, cause recasting Wild Mushroom will kill your mana very quickly.
    - Spec: Germination + Hotw + ToL ( HoTw + ToL in the end gives a really huge boost to healing when it matters )
    - Resto druid should mainy be healing the debuff, most mana efficiant thing to do is just blanket them all with revju. Give the lower ones an extra Revju(Germination) & Spot heal with Swiftmend.
    - You could assist abit on tanks with hots & heals to keep Harmony rolling. <- Helps if you want to whore healing meters.
    - Use Wild Growth sparingly because mana. It will often hit the tanks since they are always taking damage, so I havent found it really effective on this boss. Unless you really need some more bursty AE heals I wouldnt use it.
    - Well timed Tranq in the end can be really helpful. <- For meter whoring use it right after the charge in the last phase

Paladin should be topping on that boss due to heavy tank damage, and with double beacon they can even snipe some heals on the camps for extra meter boost. Druids are in no way bad either, our hots counter the stacking debuff nicely. Hope this helps
    NV would be better instead of HoTW.

Wild Growth can be very effective if well timed, since usually roughly 5 people will get the debuff, so if they're the only ones below 100% hp they will be the ones getting healed by WG. Obviously keeping rejuvs up on the people with the highest stacks of the debuff is very good, but you can't spam rejuvs the whole time because you'll go oom before the fight is over.

And tranq isn't used only for meter whoring, it's one of the strongest raid cooldowns available.

Quote Originally Posted by silentdeathz View Post

The top druid F.E is in a raid without a holy pala.

Butcher is a V nice fight for holy pala / dpriest. Hence why theres like 20 druids in the top 200. Doesn't really say anything about overall balance, but your link means nothing. Especially when top healing logs usually rely on your raid LETTING you push healing more than anything else.

Not siding either way on the 'balance issue', but I think trying to say druid tank healing > pala is stupid, and massing HPS because your raid is using less healers for butcher / has handicapped healers doesn't mean much either.
    massing HPS when your raid is using less healers means a lot... its the difference of an extra dps covered by good healers.... not sure how can say its not important.

Also at OP no, resto druid is in quite a good spot, unless the paladin is pulling like 70k hps, or there is nothing to heal and you easily kill the boss, then its you who's the problem. And I doubt its the paladin pulling 70k so I am assuming pala and disc priest both are at around 40k. Which means you are pulling 20k, something which can be done by keeping a steady full mana pool... So learn to play before you start complaining about class balances, and if you don't check world first kills they all have at least one resto druid... (not always top HPS, but good healers overall)

Quote Originally Posted by Icefuzion View Post
    NV would be better instead of HoTW.
    While I'm generally a strong advocate for NV in that talent tier, HotW is without contest the much better choice for Butcher.
    the 45 second duration covers most of the sub-30% phase, which is the only moment where healing throughput needs to be as high as possible.
    Having NV to use twice before the soft enrage phase, by comparison, helps in no way to beat the fight.
    I'm a Rock; Scissors are fine, but damn, Paper needs a nerf!

Quote Originally Posted by silentdeathz View Post
    If you are being outhealed 100% throughout a fight by someone roughly your ilvl, you are pushing the wrong buttons. Unless the HPS requirement is low enough for you to wrathspam.

I was not complaining about my class compared to another healing class. I just wanted to know if someone could tell me if my thoery was correct. Nevertheless, I read what you guys suggested I could do to improve, and my hps improved(like all raiders should focus on...) on another attempt.