Thread: Mouse question!

Mouse question!

Guys is it possible to set mouse button 4 and 5 as alt and ctrl, so I can use my keybinds with those modifier from the mouse it self?

yes. you can mouse buttons to do any function that you like.

Yes it is, that's actually what I've been doing for the past 4+ years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibylline View Post
    Yes it is, that's actually what I've been doing for the past 4+ years or so.
    Do you want share with me how to do it please?

1. Google Autohotkey, download and install it.
    2. In the sample notepad script thingy, type this:
    #ifWinActive, World of Warcraft
    *Xbutton2::Lalt
    *Xbutton1::Lctrl
    3. Save it, then right click the system tray icon and reload the script.
    I think this should work, my script is a bit different and more complicated. You can switch the buttons around if you like, it's pretty self explanatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibylline View Post
    1. Google Autohotkey, download and install it.
    2. In the sample notepad script thingy, type this:
    3. Save it, then right click the system tray icon and reload the script.
    I think this should work, my script is a bit different and more complicated. You can switch the buttons around if you like, it's pretty self explanatory.
    ok thanks I will try that, there is no way to do this through the game it self correct?

Obviously not, the game doesn't let you change one button to another, and modifiers work differently from the rest of the buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check your mouse's software. I can remap my Logitech mouse's buttons to whatever I want through the Logitech Gaming Software that runs it (including setting it up to only do that while WoW is open). If you have a gaming mouse it should have similar software.