Skull of War (640) 2h FROST

thoughts? worth buying?
    Last edited by okokokokokok; 2014-12-22 at 10:09 AM.

Deleted
    I wouldn't bother, crit's the worst. Save up your gold for scabbard of kyanos if you can.

It's a good "casual" trinket to boost ilvl for pugging normal. but in general id rather take some of the 5man once(there is a few quite sweet)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    If you have the money to upgrade it to 3/3 it's on pair with HC ones from HM. If you are unlucky in both normal and hc like myself then get it asp.

Deleted
    DONT!

get scabbard and brackenspores trinket.

those two are the best for you.

if you get any preraid epic trinket its scabbard.

Remember crits is REALLY bad for you. its sure is an upgrade but compared to other stats its a very low upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    Is that still true with the removal of passive versatility on the scabbard?

Deleted
    Yes. But judging that it goes for 100k+ on the majority of servers while Skull of War is 15k then about 30k to 40k to upgrade, you could get it to level 3 with the same gold as you would buy scabbard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    DONT!

get scabbard and brackenspores trinket.

those two are the best for you.

Remember crits is REALLY bad for you. its sure is an upgrade but compared to other stats its a very low upgrade.
    Isn't Tectus's better than Brackenspore, since the stats from Brackenspore's are also kinda shitty and Tectus's allows for more DPS just because of the really high stat gain for x seconds next to the default high strength of the trinket?

So you get scabbard and tectus's beating heart?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schinto View Post
    Isn't Tectus's better than Brackenspore, since the stats from Brackenspore's are also kinda shitty and Tectus's allows for more DPS just because of the really high stat gain for x seconds next to the default high strength of the trinket?

So you get scabbard and tectus's beating heart?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=113645&bonus=0 read its crit on procc, once again our worst stat.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=113658&bonus=0

it has more str, it has versitality wich is our third best stat on with good weapon due to might of the frozen wastes passive and work around with Multistrike.

the crit is bad on it but the two thing it brings are better simple math.

tectus beating hear you should never take over any other STR dps that wants crit.

just dont.

if you play unholy on the other hand the rules change.

but as 2h frost no tectus trinket is the worst you can have, however if no one needs it and its an upgrade go ahead for it, but you will replace it. normal brackenspore trinket is almost as good as heroic tectus beating heart.

Just to explain how bad it is for you to pick it up.

Mythic tectus is proven to be able to be better than scabbbard in some scenarios.

for stable flat dps, but FDK have really bad burst without an STR activate trinket.

Due to us just having one semi wtf cooldown for burst.

while others run with many more.

our stable dps without cooldowns does more than others thou. due to our whitehits and multistrike proccs hits like a godamn truck, once u get a heroic HM weapon and better.
    Last edited by mmoc7e86bf450a; 2014-12-23 at 11:15 PM.

Id say the tectus LFR trinket is better than Skull of war

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Id say the tectus LFR trinket is better than Skull of war
    Yea don't invest in an item that you will replace almost immediately, instead invest on Scabbard because I'm sure you would be using it all the way till the end of mythic HM progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rituel521 View Post
    Yea don't invest in an item that you will replace almost immediately, instead invest on Scabbard because I'm sure you would be using it all the way till the end of mythic HM progression.
    I doubt it, since the trinket is sub HM HC ones. If I'm not misstaking at current version the trinket offers an avg. 244 str. HM HC ones start from +248 str and proc. Skull of War 3/3 is on pair with the HM Normal trinkets.

Scabbard provides an average of 366 strength.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    Scabbard provides an average of 366 strength.
    My bad, wowhead hasn't updated since the 8th december. Proc was at 10s before, now it's at 15s. Your value is right!

For 2h frost at about 660 ilevel, for myself the trinket order is: Tectus HC < Brackenspore HC < Scabbard. Keep in mind the difference between them are about ~20 points or to put it into perspective the Tectus HC one is "just" 2% worst then Scabbard!
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2014-12-28 at 10:39 AM.