Why does Conversion heal less than Empowered Death Coil in Blood?

If you take Conversion, a Talent, it converts 30 RP to 2% max hp

If you use Death Coil, in addition to actually dealing damage it grants 3% increased max HP per 30 RP (with the bonus of healing that same amount effectively)

So Death Coil is granted 50% more healing, additional max HP and damage over a talent.

Is this a lack of tuning or am I missing something?

deathcoil perk doesnt actually heal you since the gained health expires after 30sec... you cant really view it as "healing".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

i see it as a hp boost. It is quite easy to keep it up.

It was worth taking on beta, but to easy to abuse and it was nerfed into the ground. I just think its one of those talents they wish were not made but didn't have time to change it.

Yeah, the development and testing period for WoD was way too short. They really should have taken another two years.

Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    deathcoil perk doesnt actually heal you since the gained health expires after 30sec... you cant really view it as "healing".
    From what I can tell, it only removes the bonus max HP.

If you were say 900/1000 hp, Death Coil will send you to 930/1030, when it expires it drops to 930/1000

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsc92 View Post

If you were say 900/1000 hp, Death Coil will send you to 930/1030, when it expires it drops to 930/1000
    nope you lose the health, it doesnt heal you
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

i think the current % of health doesn't change

originally at 900/1000 (90%)
    cast death coil +3% max health : 927/1030 (90%)
    expires : 900/1000 back to 90%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

It's terrible. Just imagine it isn't there and never use it again, for Blood at least.

When you're completely GCD-capped in a couple months, where do you plan to spend your excess runic power? You prefer Breath of Sindragosa to Conversion for Blood?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    When you're completely GCD-capped in a couple months, where do you plan to spend your excess runic power? You prefer Breath of Sindragosa to Conversion for Blood?
    Most of the time, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Why? The tanking benefits are minor; most tank damage is physical. Conversion is at least something.

Why? The tanking benefits are minor; most tank damage is physical. Conversion is at least something.
    Because extra dps in your raid is always a good thing, which a constantly running BoS will generally bring single/two target
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Of course if you don't need the tanking benefits, you go for damage. I'm with you there.

In a healing model where you aren't always at full health, 2%/sec should be interesting. I haven't seen any convincing arguments to discount it out of hand. Nobody has the gear to test this out yet anyway.

Good point about the healing from AE spell damage. I always figured that was negligible compared to incoming physical damage (and it is) but it's competing against only 2%/sec so that could make sense.

One last thought. If you take BoS you're giving up Defile, and the incoming mitigation and outgoing damage from Defile is really nice.

while this is incorrect and not a heal it is in fact a psuedo-damage reduction and increases your buffer health.

While increasing your HP after you just took a big hit will do the opposite though.

In a healing model where you aren't always at full health, 2%/sec should be interesting. I haven't seen any convincing arguments to discount it out of hand. Nobody has the gear to test this out yet anyway.
    I'd say the damage we're already seeing as tank on mythic fights could do a lot to discount it...

One last thought. If you take BoS you're giving up Defile, and the incoming mitigation and outgoing damage from Defile is really nice.
    Yeah, that's why I'd still take defile some of the time, particularly for aoe.

And taking conversion you're giving up death pact, with its instant massive burst healing off the GCD.

Which you get even without having to pay 37.5 runes worth of RP. If you ever have so much excessive runic power that you have just hundreds of RP sitting there unspent because you can't afford the GCDs to spend it, you probably don't care very much about healing from anything anymore since you're spamming deathstrike so much you're not even taking damage anyway.