(Ret) Playing with Scabbard of Kyanos (SOK)

I just got my hands on a SOK (finally), now i'm trying to figure out how to use it properly, as it's suppose to be a nice dps boost (from what I saw)
    so my questions are:

1. SOK cooldown is 1 min 30 sec while Wings and HA both have a 2 min cooldown, should I use SOK on cooldown? or should I wait the 30 sec in order to sync it with wings? what works best? and what's the difference? (based on encounter experience and not Simc).

2. Talent choices: For starters, here is my armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/%C3%9Far/simple
    As you can see I do have a 670 wep, (and a 658 total ilvl with Haste and Mastery coming first).
    I was thinking of Using SW\HA+FV for single target, but I heard that Seraphim pulls ahead with scabbard, is that True?
    Also, Based on my weapon being pretty good, should I choose HA over SW? or is SW more reliable?

In any Case I'd be interested to know what talent choices will serve me best now that I have a SOK (+ a 670 wep), Encounter-wise i'd like to know the best choices for Mythic Butcher, Twins, and Imperator.

Tnx for the helpers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    All that and more for the low low price of using search, or skimming thread titles!

But seriously, use it.
    I'm sorry for opening a new thread and asking a simple question without going through all the threads in the forum first, I truly am.

But seriously, If you did know the answer, why not just helping me out here?

If this is the protocol in this forum I apologize in advance and I'll make sure not to open any threads here In the future.

The "protocol" is for you to demonstrate that you have first tried to suss out the answer for yourself before just asking... especially since there is a lot of good information that has already been covered in that thread. Your question included.

Short answer: Sync SoK with AW.

The second question is a little more complicated, but you can figure it by looking at trinket and talent sims (which are in the first few posts of the thread that was linked).

I'm sorta in this situation right now, except still no scabbard for me.

Based on the sims I've run (armory in sig if needed), SW/DP+FV and SW/HA+Sera are REALLY close on single target without scabbard. Once I sim with scabbard though, Seraphim takes off in a clear lead single-target.

In terms of HA or SW, you should really sim it, but I can give you a general idea from what I've seen. HA bursts harder of the two, and the damage with all CDs is compacted into a shorter time frame (~18s), while with SW you have it for 30s. This means that if both choices sim equally, it's all about how long you have to use your burst within an encounter. If you can't fit in a full 30s clean SW each time during a fight, you may be safer off using HA.

SW may come out slightly ahead in side-by-side single target 30s window comparisons (again, depends on your sims), but with HA you also have the option of superior burst AOE and Cleave if needed. In the end, the talents are pretty close to each other, and it comes down to what kind of damage windows you have in fights.

Hopefully that gives you a decent idea of choosing between the two.
    Goguma <Severity Gaming> - Lv100 Human Paladin

always sync with AW,unless the combat time is 3min30s~4min10s,such as butcher,tecktus.in this case,you can use SoK 3 times and AW 2 times