Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

ZumzarUI v1.0 - simple raid-optimized UI for Mages [updated for 6.0.3]

Hey MMO-Champion community,

My name is Zumzar and I have been an active part of the Mage community on MMO-Champion for quite some time now. I also have a YouTube channel where I have uploaded Mage PoV raiding videos since WotLK (with some downtime here and there). I have previously shared these videos on MMO champion, and got some quite nice discussions out of it. Through these videos, I saw an increased interest in my UI, which was eventually uploaded (after many requests) and downloaded by more than 800 users. This UI has now been tweaked and updated for Warlords of Draenor patch 6.0.3.

All addons (at least the relevant ones) can be updated using Curse Client.

ZumzarUI v1.0 - a simple raid-optimized UI for Mages
    *updated for patch 6.0.3*

Download
    ZumzarUI v.1.0

Installation instructions are included in the download.

Introduction
    This UI is meant for Frost Mages, but the only thing that really seperates it from being usable to other dps/tank classes and specs is the TellMeWhen setup. Therefore, it should be relatively easy for someone not playing a Frost Mage to adapt the UI to any other class. If you have issues, don't hesitate to send me a PM here on the site or on YouTube, or even reply to the thread.

If anyone thinks the UI looks like something they've seen before, it's because the UI is a refinement and enhancement of a UI compilation called DevlinUI, which is no longer being updated.

*Remember THIS UI is made for 1920x1080, but if you’re not utterly retarded, and have some flair for setting up addons, it doesn’t take you long to make it work for a different resolution.*

Video of the UI in action
    MYTHIC Twin Ogron - Frost Mage PoV:

Screenshot showing most addons
    The below screenshot (which is the worst and most lazy Photoshopping I've ever done) shows my UI with a text next to most of my addons. There are obviously some addons missing from this screenshot, such as BigWigs and TipPac. Also, if you're wondering what those grey borders are around almost all UI elements, it's an addon called kgPanels.

I also have a bunch of other add-ons included in the UI that just makes your life easier, but I will not go into detail with these.

Screenshot showing most addons

TellMeWhen explained
    If you're only interested in my TellMeWhen profile (which is currently only set up for Frost mages), you can import the raw data from the following link:
    http://pastebin.com/rvD3gv4c

Screenshot of my UI with ALL TMWs showing!

Underneath is an explanation of my TellMeWhen profile.

All of these icons show relevant cooldowns for a Frost Mage: Mirror Image, Frozen Orb, Icy Veins, Ice Nova, Water Jet (pet), Ice Floes.

Two more cooldown icons: Intellect Pot and Prismatic Crystal.

The first icon here show the amount of Brain Freeze procs, and will only show whenever I have a BF proc. The other icon will blink red continuously, when Frost Bomb is NOT on my current target (if I have learned the talent).

These icons are pretty straight forward, but I find them very important. They all only show whenever I have a certain buff, either: Invisibility (Greater Invisbility), Ice Floes, Ice Barrier and Heroism/TW/BL etc.

I haven't used Rune of Power in this expansion yet, so I'm not at all sure about the positioning of these icons, but they are rather helpful if you are indeed playing with RoP. The two bottom icons show whether you have #1 and #2 RoP activated, and how much time is left. The top icon shows whether or not you have the RoP buff.

I find this icon (which will change depending on debuff/buff) to be very helpful on specific boss encounters. This is an TMW icon I am constantly updating as we progress. It's very simple (but highly effective) and merely shows the relevant icon (+ time and stacks) when I have specific debuffs/buffs. For example, Blaze on Twin Ogron and the Branded debuff on Imperator Mar'gok. You can just add whichever buffs/debuffs you want to this icon. My list is quite long already.

Comments and feedback
    I hope you enjoy the UI, and find it very helpful as you progress with your guild.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. I am obviously also interested in constructive criticism and feedback.

Best regards
    Zumzar of The Machine on Magtheridon EU.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you would LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE on my YouTube videos!
    Last edited by Zumzar; 2014-12-23 at 01:18 PM.
    My Character: Zumzar
    My Guild: www.machinewow.dk - 3 days-a-week raiding guild - 2/7 on Mythic in Highmaul
    My YouTube Channel: www.YouTube.com/ZumzarWoW

Deleted
    Well Done. Looks close to my UI but with a couple of improvement over mine. I took it and removed omen from it... added WeakAuras and removed the tellme when stuff (Although Tellmewhen is a good Addon, I just prefer WA)

Still good ui. Thx

Why Omen? Ever since wrath, only tanks and only is very special cases should be using this addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Ok, I really am not trying to hjack the thread. I just can't send PMs yet because I've not posted a lot on here, I only recently joined. I've read a lot on here but happened to have a question for OP after seeing his youtube video of Heroic Imperator.

Hey Zumzar!
    I was trying to find ways that I could maximize my damage on that fight because as it goes on I start to get below 20k dps and I felt I was doing things "properly". I noticed you using Frost bomb on the heroic imperator fight and was curious if their was a particular reason you liked that over Ice Nova. Also I saw you guys doing adds way better than my guild currently handles them and wondered if you felt that helped keep your DPS as high as it was since you were handling the adds? I apologize for PMing you about this and not about the UI but I was hoping for any help you could offer if you have free time as I feel like I'm either terrible at the class or my guild has unrealistic expectations for me on that fight.

Armory for reference: I can't link anything because of post limits but I'm on US - Turalyon - name is Xínder (with the accent)

Thank you in advance for any help you can give and your time. I very much appreciate it. Apologies if this is against rules because it's off topic, a mod can feel free to delete if that's the case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Why Omen? Ever since wrath, only tanks and only is very special cases should be using this addon.
    You're absolutely right. I've thought about replacing Omen with another Skada window, showing healing done instead. I'll most likely include it when I update the package.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    Well Done. Looks close to my UI but with a couple of improvement over mine. I took it and removed omen from it... added WeakAuras and removed the tellme when stuff (Although Tellmewhen is a good Addon, I just prefer WA)

Still good ui. Thx
    Appreciate the feedback, and yea - TMW vs. WeakAuras is a matter of preference.
    My Guild: www.machinewow.dk - 3 days-a-week raiding guild - 2/7 on Mythic in Highmaul

Zumzar , i really liked ur interface , it really shines compared to the others. I tried to install it but i'm not finding the installation instructions , where can i find it ?
    Cause when i try to put everything on the WoW it gives tons of LuA erros

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devoblazer View Post
    Zumzar , i really liked ur interface , it really shines compared to the others. I tried to install it but i'm not finding the installation instructions , where can i find it ?
    Cause when i try to put everything on the WoW it gives tons of LuA erros
    Oh, fuck. I forgot to include the installation instructions. I just re-uploaded it, and this time the installation instructions are indeed included. Thank you for letting me know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xinder View Post
    Ok, I really am not trying to hjack the thread. I just can't send PMs yet because I've not posted a lot on here, I only recently joined. I've read a lot on here but happened to have a question for OP after seeing his youtube video of Heroic Imperator.

Hey Zumzar!
    I was trying to find ways that I could maximize my damage on that fight because as it goes on I start to get below 20k dps and I felt I was doing things "properly". I noticed you using Frost bomb on the heroic imperator fight and was curious if their was a particular reason you liked that over Ice Nova. Also I saw you guys doing adds way better than my guild currently handles them and wondered if you felt that helped keep your DPS as high as it was since you were handling the adds? I apologize for PMing you about this and not about the UI but I was hoping for any help you could offer if you have free time as I feel like I'm either terrible at the class or my guild has unrealistic expectations for me on that fight.

Armory for reference: I can't link anything because of post limits but I'm on US - Turalyon - name is Xínder (with the accent)

Thank you in advance for any help you can give and your time. I very much appreciate it. Apologies if this is against rules because it's off topic, a mod can feel free to delete if that's the case.
    Hello Xinder,

In terms of Imperator Mar'gok specifically, it's a really long and complex fight, so there's so many things that can go wrong/right that will make or break your dps on the fight. I can, however, give you a couple of tips for the fight:

1. Make sure to make good use of Ice Floes, so you never have to stop casting when moving from Mines etc.
    2. Make sure you have cooldowns ready for the start of Phase 4 (for Gorian Reaver + adds), and when all the mobs are gathered you pop your cooldowns and 2nd pot and nuke like hell.
    3. Even if youre not on add duty, use your Frozen Orb on the adds during all phases to boost your dps and increase your amount of Ice Lance procs.
    4. Don't spend unessecary GCDs blinking through the Force Novas early on in the fight or when the entire raid is topped off.

In terms of talents, I personally do not like Prismatic Crystal on this fight, as I have had bad experiences with the tank moving the boss just as I put down my Crystal. In regards to Ice Nova / Frost Bomb, it's really a matter of preference. Both can be very effective on this fight, and whether your choose one over the other shouldn't matter too much.

Hey Zumzar, started using your UI with my own tweaks back in Dragon Soul. I thought you were done with WoW there for a sec lol, glad to see a fellow mage comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzar View Post
    Hello Xinder,

In terms of Imperator Mar'gok specifically, it's a really long and complex fight, so there's so many things that can go wrong/right that will make or break your dps on the fight. I can, however, give you a couple of tips for the fight:

1. Make sure to make good use of Ice Floes, so you never have to stop casting when moving from Mines etc.
    2. Make sure you have cooldowns ready for the start of Phase 4 (for Gorian Reaver + adds), and when all the mobs are gathered you pop your cooldowns and 2nd pot and nuke like hell.
    3. Even if youre not on add duty, use your Frozen Orb on the adds during all phases to boost your dps and increase your amount of Ice Lance procs.
    4. Don't spend unessecary GCDs blinking through the Force Novas early on in the fight or when the entire raid is topped off.

In terms of talents, I personally do not like Prismatic Crystal on this fight, as I have had bad experiences with the tank moving the boss just as I put down my Crystal. In regards to Ice Nova / Frost Bomb, it's really a matter of preference. Both can be very effective on this fight, and whether your choose one over the other shouldn't matter too much.
    Thank you for your reply and sorry for hijacking the thread with my question. I will try and keep this in mind the next time we do the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    I use omen, its great when in raid to see who has ninja the threat of the boss, especially in the case of huntards or dps in the wrong spec.
    But then I am one of those people who tend to be in the raid leader group.
    Also use it when tanking and I am too lazy to turn it on and off all the time.

i just downloaded the file and it didnt come with a WTF folder to include.

nvm just redownloaded it and got it
    Last edited by Zugthug; 2014-12-23 at 11:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezx View Post
    Hey Zumzar, started using your UI with my own tweaks back in Dragon Soul. I thought you were done with WoW there for a sec lol, glad to see a fellow mage comeback.
    Yeah, it's good to be back. Been practically off WoW-duty since end of DS, even though I did raid for a couple of months in MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyx77 View Post
    I use omen, its great when in raid to see who has ninja the threat of the boss, especially in the case of huntards or dps in the wrong spec.
    But then I am one of those people who tend to be in the raid leader group.
    Also use it when tanking and I am too lazy to turn it on and off all the time.
    I'm currently leveling an alt Monk, and think I will go Brewmaster on it. Do tanks even need Omen these days? I mean, for what exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xinder View Post
    Thank you for your reply and sorry for hijacking the thread with my question. I will try and keep this in mind the next time we do the fight.
    Also, didn't check your ilvl but Mages scale really well with gear, so perhaps you're just undergeared.

Zumzar could you plz make a video doing the installation ? i really tried but couldn't make it

Quote Originally Posted by Dezx View Post
    Pretty much this. Welcome back :-)

I have also been using your UI since back in Dragon Soul. From what i can remember, you were also using Omen back in the days (on the right side where your recount is currently). I had placed Hermes earlier instead which i found more useful than a Skada window (shows Raid CDs available).

My main question would be though is why you are not tracking Trinket procs or Trinket use buffs? How do you track the Battle Res Monitor btw?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it's good to be back. Been practically off WoW-duty since end of DS, even though I did raid for a couple of months in MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm currently leveling an alt Monk, and think I will go Brewmaster on it. Do tanks even need Omen these days? I mean, for what exactly?
    Even tanks do not need Omen. It's pretty much useless.
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post

It's good for telling you which idiot hunter pet still has growl on!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post

My main question would be though is why you are not tracking Trinket procs or Trinket use buffs? How do you track the Battle Res Monitor btw?

- - - Updated - - -

If I eventually get a trinket with an ICD, I will probably add it as a TMW icon. Right now, I only have one trinket with on-use/proc (Shards of Nothing). I have macroed it to use it with my Mirror Images, as they're on the same cooldown. I added the buff from Shards of Nothing to "ClassTimer" addon, so a bar will show over my player frame, whenever it's up.

In terms of tracking Battle Ress, I use oRA3. It's showed in the video right underneath my map. I also have Hermes installed, but even though I'm raidleading, our tanks/healers are handling calling out for raid/personal CDs mostly. It's primarily cause I can't find a decent spot for it on my UI, but perhaps if I remove Omen I can fit it where Omen used to be.
    Last edited by Zumzar; 2014-12-24 at 10:49 AM.

I think you should replace Omen with Healing done instead.

Looks nice, a good ui for new mages to start.
    It would be nice to see a stronger indicator for 2 FoF stacks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridanjohn View Post
    Looks nice, a good ui for new mages to start.
    It would be nice to see a stronger indicator for 2 FoF stacks
    Thank you, but I can't see how the Blizzard built-in indication of FoF isn't enough? Anyways, if not - it shouldn't be hard to make your own TMW icon.

Thank you, but I can't see how the Blizzard built-in indication of FoF isn't enough? Anyways, if not - it shouldn't be hard to make your own TMW icon.
    Sorry, meant to say Brain Freeze lol