Thread: Pvp Hacks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THoyt View Post
    All the years playing this game, I haven't seen many hacks or exploits being used in PvP. Even out in the world, I've only seen a handful in the time I've been playing. Aside from the occasional speedhack or someone jumping gates, I usually ignore people that call them. We did run into a team last season with a rogue using a interrupt bot, it would kick literally everything so I could bait it on my Warrior by using bandages on myself and my teammates. Passed them up and haven't seen any since.
    The "I do not see these things being used" argument is a dead end, because most people using these approaches have an awareness that these things get reported.

For that reason, they will make attempts to stay under the radar and, unless they are really stupid, they won't get caught.

The advantage to be gained from using a hack most of the time is very close to the gain from using it all of the time. However, it then becomes impossible to separate from skilled play/luck without an implausible amount of data.

My last encounter with interrupt hacks was in last season, where I had people interrupting my Transcendence (when it was not instant) casts on my monk, which was something like 0.497 seconds. Pretty funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed it as badly this expansion, but in Mop I saw it all over the place.It occurs the millisecond you start a cast, and they don't have to be targeting you, it'll interrupt the first cast of anyone in the range. It also gets used with things like HoJ or the warrior ranged stun. That said, once you see it they are usually a free kill since they waste it on stupid stuff or are a full bot. I still see it sometimes in Ashran or IoC, but it's no where near as prevalent now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Blackery View Post
    I haven't noticed it as badly this expansion, but in Mop I saw it all over the place.It occurs the millisecond you start a cast, and they don't have to be targeting you, it'll interrupt the first cast of anyone in the range. It also gets used with things like HoJ or the warrior ranged stun. That said, once you see it they are usually a free kill since they waste it on stupid stuff or are a full bot. I still see it sometimes in Ashran or IoC, but it's no where near as prevalent now.
    There were bots using the Blizzard game API to detect opposing player casts. That exploitable part of the API is now pretty much gone. There was much complaining amongst the addon developers at the time (around 9 months ago).

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    When a 4/5 Mealstorm Weapon Elemental Blast is interrupted, you know something fishy is going on (0.2sec cast time)
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

It makes sense if theres an interrupt bot. There has been before. I see it happen a lot sometimes. A spell getting kicked less than 1 ms after the caster started it.

oh ya bail is flying up into the air on warsong gulch i wonder if thats a hack

Back in the day one of the best traits of a good healer is he could make ppl waste interrupts. The good old "juke" move. What happened to that? Couldn't healers use that to their advantage making bots waste interrupts and allowing them to free cast afterwards?
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    Back in the day one of the best traits of a good healer is he could make ppl waste interrupts. The good old "juke" move. What happened to that? Couldn't healers use that to their advantage making bots waste interrupts and allowing them to free cast afterwards?
    Not sure if serious...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Word View Post
    If you fight russians, expect weird shit to happen.
    Russians in WSG are the scariest thing ever

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    Faking a bot wasn't that easy, as it would interrupt the millisecond you started casting. Roughly about 1 out of 3 times I'd still get interrupted trying to juke my 0.5s Transcendence casts.

Took 10 seconds to google "Interrupt bot", third link down was a bot I could download. Called "Cast Interrupter". I could even download the english version.

/thread

Don't even need an interrupt bot really. Blizzard has handed Melee 500 ways to ensure a caster doesn't get to use his casts. Fuck one up? That's cool, use any of the other 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinism View Post
    Faking a bot wasn't that easy, as it would interrupt the millisecond you started casting. Roughly about 1 out of 3 times I'd still get interrupted trying to juke my 0.5s Transcendence casts.
    It actually was really easy. They didn't interrupt the millisecond you started casting; they attempted it. Servers were extremely slow to execute actions through the entirety of pandaria, adding in an effective latency of up to 400ms. I played quite a few games against kickbot scum last season and never got interrupted more than once a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaelan View Post
    Took 10 seconds to google "Interrupt bot", third link down was a bot I could download. Called "Cast Interrupter". I could even download the english version.
    That's disappointing. I've run into a couple people in random bgs that made me suspicious, but mostly figured bots were broken and I just ran into some quick players.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdjames View Post
    It actually was really easy. They didn't interrupt the millisecond you started casting; they attempted it. Servers were extremely slow to execute actions through the entirety of pandaria, adding in an effective latency of up to 400ms. I played quite a few games against kickbot scum last season and never got interrupted more than once a game.
    Interesting that you know they were hacking when they never interrupted you.. or interrupted you once..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwowwxoxo View Post
    I think you fail to realize many of these "rank 1 players" are abusing these hacks.......look no further than any high rated MW monk from last season using orb bots......good attempt at the sarcasm though
    Except a couple of those monks are already back near the top of the leaderboards right now without any orbs at all? Nice accusations on legit players...
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    im being interrupted in BG's whilst they aren't targeting me and its the moment i cast. happens very often.

I don't see many interrupt hacks in 3v3s/RBGs, but I see a whole lot in random BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    im being interrupted in BG's whilst they aren't targeting me and its the moment i cast. happens very often.
    Learn to juke hacks with the hearthstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    You see a lot of pqr, honorbuddy, interrupt bots, speed and fly hacks when your playing against russians during the nighttime on eu realms. I also met a few "i can crit even through roar of sacrifice" chars. The Funny thing is, during daytime when these chars are played by humans they are literally shit. The same pally that had 4 hammers in a row during night, hojing a priest while simultanousely kicking a druid instant heal couldnt do anything during the day when i met him again. I kitet that guy with autoshots and frostammo alone to death.

Knowing a few russian players irl i got some interesting insight about big balls, dont give a damn and "i can even restore a permabanned account"