Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry 30 waves impossible for hutner in WoD

nvm it's insanely simple to do as BM and difficult for the other specs since it scales you down if you wanna do it easily get an oglethorpes missile splitter, lone wolf and barrage
    Last edited by valdikaldi; 2014-12-26 at 12:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowprogress.com/char_stat...e/class.hunter

Top hunters are doing pretty well, better than the top mages, warlocks and rogues anyway

Except for the 894 who could I guess.

I'm pretty new what does damage score mean and what spec do you think they're doing it in?

Damage score is their score in points. You get 100 points per wave, so the #1 proving grounds dude got 97 og 98 waves (not sure what the 5 point subtraction and other random things come from, perhaps how far he got in the last wave).

wow that's impressive, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong I've only been able to get to wave 23 as MM, how important is having good gear and enchants and such? Isn't it scaled down, I have 630 ilvl but a lot of my gear has subpar secondary stats and I have no enchants

10+ Year Old Account
    Proving grounds aren't scaled down in the same way they used to be (or how CMs are). Instead, the mobs are actually scaled up to match your average ilvl.

Things like proper optimised gear, enchants and consumables (you can buy food in the instance, but you should flask up!) do have an effect, and that'll help you push higher waves

Quote Originally Posted by valdikaldi View Post
    Has any hunter gotten to 30 waves in wod if so how? I feel the specs are too gimped, BM and Survival don't have enough single target dps and marksman doesn't have enough aoe
    I was able to do it fairly early in the expansion as BM. The first time I tried I quit at 28-29 waves out of boredom because I didn't realize there was a title for 30 lol. Im not sure how far I could have gotten because I stopped once I got the title.

I found that the biggest factor for me was saving berserk and ancient hysteria for every tenth wave with the large sha. Making sure to use the amber for bonus damage and hitting interrupts on healers is also a big one.

I tried to post a link to my armory but I guess I havent posted here enough.

Sefire from Proudmoore
    achievements>scenarios>proving grounds.

I would highly recommend playing Survival for this, especially with it's recent buffs.

The key to performing well in Proving Grounds is your ability to spread and maintain dots, and use your CD's at the proper time.

Do something like Thrill/SF > Stampede/Crows > Barrage > Lone Wolf/Focusing Shot.

I would recommend SF/FS combo personally, but it depends on your capability to kite the orbs and still maintain Steady Focus.

Stampede/Crows will also take some trial and error, on waves 5 / 10 will obviously be your most effective use of Stampede, but do you need it? Will Crows benefit more? (I would say Stampede personally for burst on 5/10).

Also, waves 8/9 are more difficult than 5 is, with personal CD's you should be able to burn 5 no issue. I would recommend saving all CD's for 10 (ensuring Stampede, BA, etc are off CD at that point), using one Berserker on 8 or 9 (depending on how much trouble you have with either/or), then delay using the second Berserker for 10 (@30 seconds when he comes out of damage reduction) and popping all CD's.

It takes some trial and error, and I have not really messed with it this expac yet, but you should have no issue with it tbh. MM will leave you focus starved. While it does have high burst, dotting everything up and putting BA on high-health mobs, Explosive Trap under groups, etc will prove to kill better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Broraga View Post
    I would recommend SF/FS combo personally, but it depends on your capability to kite the orbs and still maintain Steady Focus.
    The orbs aren't the hard part... you can disengage right over them. The hard part with the SF/FS combo is the monkeys, especially the wave with 2x monkeys. You have to burst one down with one focus bar, then binding shot the other for a stun and a chance to get a FS off. All the other stuff is about smart use of traps + multidotting. Also it helps that I have a LDSC... it's basically a cooldown that Surv otherwise doesn't have.

It was stupid easy. I did it as BM at around 620 ilvl iirc.

okay I respecced to BM and got myself a weapon enchant, got to wave 34 in my first try as BM, take from that what you will but it seems massively superior to the other specs in this regard

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    You can use Fox @ Monkeys for moving and using FS
    Didn't even think of that! New to hunter, still learning how to use all my utility...but after seeing this thread I *JUST* did this. Wasn't too bad, did it as survival with FS/SF.

Have trouble seeing Focusing Shot as the better choice for Proving Grounds.

1) 10% of your damage (pet) is frantically running back and forth. Byebye theoretical DPS increase.
    2) You have to move a lot, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Have trouble seeing Focusing Shot as the better choice for Proving Grounds.

1) 10% of your damage (pet) is frantically running back and forth. Byebye theoretical DPS increase.
    2) You have to move a lot, duh.
    Yeah, definitely wasn't the best option it restrospect. Proves even more though how possible it is without even picking the right talents.

Deleted
    What are waves?

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Proving grounds aren't scaled down in the same way they used to be (or how CMs are). Instead, the mobs are actually scaled up to match your average ilvl.
    Thank you for this. Noticed my gear didn't seem to be scaling the other day and was wondering if my UI had been bugged and wasn't showing my gear scaling down or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Proving grounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Damage score is their score in points. You get 100 points per wave, so the #1 proving grounds dude got 97 og 98 waves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    What are waves?
    Nindoriel

www.mmo-champion.com - Articles and forums with game news and raiding strategies.

Man if you are not trying to be funny then I fucking weep for us all.