Deleted

My internet is often very slow..

So at random times (a lot) my ethernet is really slow, I really don't know why, I have a Devolo 500+ Duo. My brother who has a worse ethernet box doesn't have this random laggs. I was wondering what I can do to fix this, what things I have to check to make sure everything is working etc...
    Could it be possible that it's my wall socket?

Thanks in advance!

Call your provider. They can measure the speed in your wall socket.

It can also be thst your brother is downloading stuff and using all bandwidth.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried different outlets, on both sides? Are you plugged into a power strip, or directly into the wall outlet? Powerline adapters do not function well (if at all) if plugged into a power strip.

Have you checked out the software and firmware for those adapters? They have a recent firmware update available, from August 2014.

http://www.devolo.com/en/Products/dLAN-500-duo+ downloads tab.
    Last edited by Vermicious; 2014-12-23 at 05:05 PM.

Deleted
    I have the most recent update, my Devolo that is connected to my router/modem is connected to a power strip and so is the powerline adapter of my brother. The devolo device in my room is connected to the wall, but I have not yet tried a different socket.

Do you think that if I connect the Devolo device ,that is connected to my modem/router, to a wall instead of a power strip it would fix the problem?