Help me earn my paycheck? Math related question....

Greetings,

So I have an equation that I need to linearize or try to linearize. I don't think it's possible, but my boss says it is. I'm lost and thought maybe you kind people could give me a hand....

Background: I'm doing some dead end filtration experiments. The filter cake is supposed to be incompressible and my data is supposed to come out fairly linear. However, the filter cake IS compressible so my data isn't linear. I'm trying to solve for some variables that are wrapped up in K and C.

Here's the original equation: (-ΔP) = K*V + C.

Which is easy if you have a incompressible cake because K is your slope and C is your intercept. However, since it is compressible a new variable is added and the equation takes the form below. I've been playing with it for awhile now and I don't see how to get this equation into a linear form. Also, S is an unknown variable.

here's the equation: (-ΔP) = K*(-ΔP)^s*V+C

I would ask my boss, but he's gone on vacation....along with most everyone else I work with and I'd like to get this done before he comes back next week.

Soooo wanna help me earn a paycheck?

Deleted
    Try wolfram|alpha. I think they have a thing for things like this.

I hope you're still good with creating your own differential equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Try wolfram|alpha. I think they have a thing for things like this.
    I tried this prior to posting. It pretty much just rearranged the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I hope you're still good with creating your own differential equation.
    Damn, it's been awhile since I've played with differential equations. I'll have to bring my book to work with me tomorrow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lenloc View Post
    I tried this prior to posting. It pretty much just rearranged the equation.
    Isn't that what you wanted?

Ahhh well my boss sent me an e-mail saying that he looked over the data and equations again. It is now beyond the scope of the project to continue with the experiments.....kind of a win I think.

Thanks for the help/advice :-D