[Balance] Clarification on Multidotting?

Hi all, I'm still working out the finer points of my boomkin, and I'm unsure how much I should multidot Moonfire specifically during trash or multi-target bosses. Sunfire automatically spreads so usually that's fine as is, but I've been wondering during trash in dungeons and whatnot how many targets I should cast Moonfire on, especially with just a single empowerment buff. Any tips?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really depends on the life-span of the mobs. But if they'll be alive a reasonable amount of time, dot them all. (Even most trash pcaks in 5mans are worth dotting) but it depends on your group I guess.

But it is worth noting that more dots doesn't mean more shooting star procs, that only procs from you most recent sunfire+moonfire (one of each).
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Okay, thanks for the reply! I didn't know about the shooting stars proc limit either, so that's good info.

Does it matter when I'm casting my Moonfires in that case? If only one is getting the empowerment, should they still be cast near lunar peak or should I try to use that for Starfires mostly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the lv 100 talents you're running really. If you need to refresh it (and you're overwriting within the pandemic window) you may aswell aim for the peak as its free dps and one global wont cost u much if anything. But if it means the dot drops off (you've probably already done something wrong) but you need to weigh up if the dot downtime is less damage loss than damage gained from refreshing @ peak - remember its only the initial damage that benefits from it, so it's mostly not worth the down time.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee