[BrM] H Ko'ragh Adds

Hi guys. I could use some tips on how to handle the Volatile Anomaly adds. I've got limited time to gather them up in a Suppression Field and killed before our other tank (a warrior) gets the Expel Magic: Arcane debuff and I have to taunt. I've tried putting my statue in a field but the first group of 3 adds kills it quickly. Should the statue be used at all? I can grab the first group of 3 adds easily, then Dizzying Haze spam for the next group. But, I also have to keep my buttons going for survivability and it’s hard to do both at the same time. I've mostly been tanking in the Suppression field with Diffuse Magic and sometimes Fortifying Brew and healer CDs. Should I be in or out of the field? The raid is dropping Fields on the edge of the circle (to reduce pull distance). In our best attempts, we burn 6 adds in the Field and the remaining 3 outside during the tank swap. Is that the best way? Still, people die and we wipe. We're at World of Logs, US-Silvermoon, Unhinged guild. Thanks
    Last edited by Harte; 2014-12-23 at 06:22 PM.

I also do the supp fields/adds. They are somewhat challenging.

1) Raid positioning is very important. You should have everyone but the shield grabber in one spot behind 1 supp field. I generally put a marker on myself and have everyone gather on me. Getting in position before the actual phase starts is helpful.

2) I avoid using Dizzying because it slows them; you want to group them up fast. I use statue for the aggro draw and try to aggro the adds before they kill the statue. You can Provoke the statue to make this easier. I set it near the edge of a supp field, inside it. I try to avoid standing in the field if possible, but it is sometimes required. Don't stand in it if adds aren't near death. Use Diffuse Magic inside the field. Make sure that while you're gathering adds your shuffle doesn't fall off- it can sometimes be iffy if you're running around a lot and have decreased boss face time. The adds' physical damage is actually considerable.

3) Have a hunter or 2 MD you and AOE the adds. DK's with Gorefiend's Grasp, and Druids with Ursol's Vortex are great as well.
    Last edited by tachycardias; 2014-12-23 at 06:31 PM.

Casting Provoke on your statue as mentioned is a good way to get them off it after it gets them close. You should be able to position yourself on the outside of a circle (opposite the centre where they spawn) so you can be outside the circle while they will stand inside it to hit you.

Don't forget your awesome leg sweep stun to lock adds down inside the circle.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

what I do is i stay in middle circle (but close to the adds spawning point), cast my statue every inc wave, with Dizz Haze and RJW i have no issues.

You can check me raiding on stream next Sunday HC/MyTh

http://www.twitch.tv/libra_tv

A note, since I haven't seen it mentioned here.

Adds melee is magical damage.

Diffuse magic / glyphed Guard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    A note, since I haven't seen it mentioned here.

Adds melee is magical damage.

Diffuse magic / glyphed Guard.

Unless you're Soul Dancing, in which case don't take Glyphed Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by tachycardias View Post
    Make sure that while you're gathering adds your shuffle doesn't fall off- it can sometimes be iffy if you're running around a lot and have decreased boss face time. The adds' physical damage is actually considerable.
    The adds do arcane damage which cannot be staggered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't tank them inside a field. Stand right on the edge of one. Otherwise, how would melee help with adds?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    The adds do arcane damage which cannot be staggered.
    Sooooooul daaaaaaaance says hi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laeahndria View Post
    Don't tank them inside a field. Stand right on the edge of one. Otherwise, how would melee help with adds?
    I'm guessing you meant "don't stand inside the field while tanking", but it comes across as "don't tank the adds inside the field."

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes... It's early >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laeahndria View Post
    Yes... It's early >.>
    S'ok I forgive you <3

In before "I TANKED THE ADDS OUTSIDE OF THE FIELD AND MY WHOLE RAID DIED???" posts

Another BM monk that tanks the adds solo here. I have never had an issue with this and here's my recommendations:

1. Getting aggro: I drop my statue where I intend to stack the entire range group, right on the outside (from the center of the room) edge of the suppression zone. This way when the adds get in melee range, they will still be in the zone. I use dizzying brew spam to gather them from the whole room, I do not think the speed at which they get to you is a big problem, not holding aggro would be much worse. Use your taunt to get that stray one that goes for the other tank or a healer, if necessary.

2. Positioning: Minimize (almost never) stand in the zone. It does significant damage and this will make the healer's job impossible. Instead, stand right on the edge of the zone as discussed above. If you need to pass through it, roll. If you need to move because a mob is behind/to the side of you, then move in a circle around the zone until the mob has to move through the zone to get to you. This will keep all the other adds in the zone as well.

3. Survival: I interrupt my dizzying brew spam only for a few choice abilities: Keg Smash for damage/aggro/chi, Guard, Elusive Brew, Fortifying Brew, Leg Sweep as necessary for survival. Make sure you aren't ignoring leg sweep or elusive brew, these are huge aids in survival. I recommend a good weakauras for tracking Elusive Brew if you find it hard to pay attention to.