Sub Rogue: Mastery or Multistrike?

Looking for gearing advice for my alt.

Currently thinking Multistrike for PvE and Mastery for PvP, am i doin' it right?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Multi is better in most situations and far better in single target only fights. At entry level fear levels mastery and crit are mostly the same. In AoE heavy fights like Tectus, Mastery will let you roll CT to extreme levels. On strictly cleave fights (Twins, Brack), Assa and Combat are parsing higher than sub. Either way, you really don't have too much choice outside of trinkets as to what you gear.

Yeah I'm not really interested in other rogue specs, sub is the only one that felt fun to me - the stats question is mostly for what should I enchant/gem since there is ofc little choice in gear atm.

I guess for PvP Mastery overtakes Multi since you can only multistrike roll once against players as oppose to two against npc's?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Talexsmith View Post
    Multi is better in most situations and far better in single target only fights. At entry level fear levels mastery and crit are mostly the same. In AoE heavy fights like Tectus, Mastery will let you roll CT to extreme levels. On strictly cleave fights (Twins, Brack), Assa and Combat are parsing higher than sub. Either way, you really don't have too much choice outside of trinkets as to what you gear.
    I've been wondering the same things as the op, now so far I'm stacked mastery then learned (I think) that multi is better...
    now I have 54% mastery and about 10% multi and I Do REALLY good on single target fights. I Don't do so well on multi target fights, and I spam the F* out of my CT because w/ IFoV I have WAY more CPs then I know what to do with; MY question is if I Shouldn't be casting CT till it nearly falls off or can I keep spamming it along as Snd/rupture are still up on the main target(or hell rupture on all targets if they gonna live long enough w/ new cp mechanic and the over flow of cps caused by IFov ).

and Also if I stacked Multi instead will I See a strong increase in overall damage?
    or will the increase be so small that I'll be able to just keep my mastery as long as I'm not picking haste or crit over either of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I guess for PvP Mastery overtakes Multi since you can only multistrike roll once against players as oppose to two against npc's?
    You only get one roll, but you get double the chance. Less bursty but more often. I would say multistrike > mastery > versatility > crit >>>>> haste, but I'm no expert.

EDIT: Apparently it may or may not have changed since then and you do only get a single roll at normal chance now? I don't know anymore. If that's the case, mastery > multistrike in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaru View Post
    I've been wondering the same things as the op, now so far I'm stacked mastery then learned (I think) that multi is better...
    now I have 54% mastery and about 10% multi and I Do REALLY good on single target fights. I Don't do so well on multi target fights, and I spam the F* out of my CT because w/ IFoV I have WAY more CPs then I know what to do with; MY question is if I Shouldn't be casting CT till it nearly falls off or can I keep spamming it along as Snd/rupture are still up on the main target(or hell rupture on all targets if they gonna live long enough w/ new cp mechanic and the over flow of cps caused by IFov ).

and Also if I stacked Multi instead will I See a strong increase in overall damage?
    or will the increase be so small that I'll be able to just keep my mastery as long as I'm not picking haste or crit over either of the others.
    Mastery is actually better than multistrike for AoE. Multistrike gains value on single target when you're backstabbing or ambushing because of Sang Vein.

It's okay to spam CT because the damage of the dot fully rolls any leftover damage from the previous dot, but if the other targets are alive long enough, it is a damage boost to rupture all targets. There's another thread that goes into more detail.
    Last edited by kindath; 2014-12-25 at 07:09 PM.