Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I love these kinds of threads.... or wait, no, I HATE them.

1) Hey guys what about thing X (insert something stupid)

2) Answers: "Dude, thing X doesn't exist OR thing x is extremely rare OR what you describe is not thing X"

3) Answers to 2: "Lol EVERYBODY knows thing X exists and thats what OP described"

4) No, it doesn't.... (insert some more or less logical explanations)

5) "Lol of course it does, EVERYBODY knows that".

Why discuss even?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    There has never been any "duping", that's an urban legend. Duping does not happen in WOW and never has, it's not possible. What you're seeing is either 1) guilds producing large amounts of it (remember, each character can produce several of these per day with the barn, and can buy more from the primal vendor and trading post), or 2) accounts getting hacked and gold sellers dumping things.
    Never been any duping? Must have missed the 1000s of Crimson Deathchargers during Cataclysm, and the infinite amount of epic gems available immediately upon Dragon Soul's release. It does happen, and it's usually unnoticed.

I'm not sure if this counts as a dupe or not, but there was an exploit in MOP with reward satchels/bags that could be macro'd to open hundreds of times before the server registered they were opened flooding the market with the items in the bag. You were only limited by the number of open slots you had in your bags. The idea that there's never been an exploit that could flood the market with a certain item is simply pie in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That doesn't even make sense, the contents of the satchel would have to be stored client-side for that to actually work.
    I don't really care if it doesn't make sense to you. If you want all the details you're free to look them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    In World of Warcraft "duping" is often referred to exploiting and bypassing normal methods of creating an item. This includes:

-bypassing cooldown on CD recipe
    -forcing a "chest" item to spawn more rewards than intended (patch 5.3 satchel exploit)
    -forcing work orders to complete faster or insta-complete
    -forcing a quest to give the reward but not complete itself, allowing multiple turn-ins
    -abusing GM account / item restoration services
    There we go.

TCG pets anyone? They went from 200k+ each to 10k each in the matter of three months.
    Yep, I'm finally having fun with a shiny new EST for something like 40k. Dunno if it came into existence legit, but it was certainly legit once I learned it.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't even make sense, the contents of the satchel would have to be stored client-side for that to actually work.
    Already said: Google "use fabled pandaren pet supplies".

The action of opening the "smart bags" (with newly-added bad luck streak protection) had no cooldown, so it was possible to send the instruction to open the bag (which wasn't really a bag) multiple times and have it happen multiple times.

Just really bad coding on Blizzard's end -- there is always a cooldown added to things like this to make it hard to send multiple requests before the first one can be acknowledged, and then whatever they were doing to consume the item on the server side wasn't taking place promptly.

This also worked with the epic loot containing CM rewards and you could basically mint a bag full of random epics like squeezing toothpaste from a tube.
    Last edited by Peg Ee; 2014-12-24 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Part View Post
    people actually think you cannot dupe in this game? LOL.

ps. googling wont find you a method. dupes in this game are very valuable and worth thousands of dollars, they arent going to be posted online unless outdated and even then nearly impossible to find.
    exactly. knowing how to dupe = printing $$$

15+ Year Old Account
    I only recall there was a way to re-roll things in any container if auto-loot was disabled and you only peeked into the bag and then took another look after logging out or something similar. But it was fixed quite fast. But duping does definitely exist in all MMO games, as does all kinds of other hacks.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    I'm not sure if this counts as a dupe or not, but there was an exploit in MOP with reward satchels/bags that could be macro'd to open hundreds of times before the server registered they were opened flooding the market with the items in the bag. You were only limited by the number of open slots you had in your bags. The idea that there's never been an exploit that could flood the market with a certain item is simply pie in the sky.
    there was an issue with IoT satchels. You could open the satchel, loot everything but one thing and return it for the currency and buy another one fresh. I was actually banned for three days, for opening about a dozen of them and returning them, which was deserved, but kinda harsh tbh, considering I did it, reported it in ticket and made maybe like 400 gold out of Blizzard incompetence to flag them not returnable, especially since my acc was for 8 years clean of any previous similar activity

So that explains why the stupidest things have multi second cooldowns like learning pets. Neat.

Hey guys, a new day and a new level 1 who cant speak English selling infinity savage blood! It's legit though np.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh another just spawned

If anything, the most nefarious thing you might be seeing there is the result of compromised accounts.

Hell, I personally know several people with 100 or more bloods. I would have that many if I didn't see this coming and got out of the market.
    Yes but ENDLESS stacks of 100s? Do you know how many accounts to be doing this nonstop since december 19th? There hasnt been a single moment when these guys have stopped selling 100, you can buy as many as you want from them they still have 100.

Anyone who thinks this isn't duping is in very deep denial. How obvious does it need to be for you?

Deleted
    Claiming theres no dupes is like claiming there is no Santa Claus, I mean come on.

Honestly Bovinity Divinity is showing he obviously doesn't have these people on his server.

Listen what you're saying is 100% true the drop in price and demand all that is TRUE.

But I'm telling you, you aren't seeing these people. They are ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS level 1 warriors who will sell 100 savage blood, No I haven't bought 100 from them but I did buy 30 and my friend bought 30 and I'm sure others have bought plenty, and yet they still say they are selling 100.

It never ends since december 19th. It's super obvious they are being exploited.

Who here remembers the herioic scenario crate dupe trick you could do?

How it worked was simple: You did your heroic scenario, got your daily loot box. Jacked up your latency and made a macro that used another macro in that macro ( like /use macro1 ) and have that first macro spam filled to character cap with that /use command. The other macro was filled with /use 'box name here'.

You bound the first macro to your mouse scroll wheel and went nuts. You could get up to 20 bits of loot (516 gear at the time from memory) per box. Bannings happened for the worst offenders but most got off scott free as you could actually do it by spam right clicking.

Yes TECHNICALLY not a dupe, however it is turning 1 item into 5+ and in effect, if done on an enchanter, was a sha crystal dupe method.

Quote Originally Posted by rene27906 View Post
    Remember the milling dupe method?
    Ye, was fun.

Now im going to ticket Blizzard to unban my account. Since all the smart people in this thread says duping never existed.

I was considering finishing leveling on all my alts then getting barns just to make Savage Bloods. It seems like it would be a good gold/hr return on 11-12 characters. Especially if you can end up with like 3 per day?

3 per day
    x 12 Characters

36 Savage Blood / day

Even if the price does drop to 500g each soon, that's still 15k/day.

I suspect this is how some people are selling it by the hundreds.