Deleted

Damage Blood PvP guide REQUEST

My question is what the title states, I'm asking this because most guides you find on a tank spec for PvP are for high survival for if you are a flag carrier or a flag defender so I'm asking here assuming somebody would be able to offer their spec/gearing, etc... I'd like to play blood with damage gear because blood is one if not the highest damage tank spec and I see it being a viable way to play and do a decent amount of damage and high survivability in PvP which would make it a perfect PvP spec if you spec right.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    yeh, ive been looking for one myself as ive just started playing my DK instead of my shaman for the PvP aspect of the game. Playing as Blood myself atm and i did a few Arenas last night with a random Balance druid. i must say the only real prob we had yesterday was against a Healer/DPS combo to try and burst the healer down. But it is possible. People were laughing at me in /2 Trade when i said "Blood DK looking for 2's" and we manage to win around 80% of the fights. I can see Blood getting a nerf pretty soon PvP wise (altho i hope not) But yeh, would really like to hear from dedicated DK's their thoughts on this topic.

Deleted
    Yesterday I played some 2v2 skirmishes as Blood DK + Frost DK. I played as Blood. Usually they tried to kill my Frost DK partners, but Frost DKs currently seem even tankier than Blood. Against double dps we won most games easily. Against healer+dps usually the games went into dampening. The tactic was usually to sit on the dps, and switch on the healer when the dps got low on health to interrupt the heals and to force a defensive cooldown. When the defensive cooldowns are over, a good swap on the healer would do the trick.

I played with Chilblains/Necrotic Plague(for the slow) and he played with Asphyxiate/Remorseless Winter. What we would typically do is Remorseless Winter on the dps, then go on the healer with a Asphyxiate followed by a Strangulate while dumping as much damage as possible to force trinket/cooldowns. Rinse and repeat till something dies.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frost is tankier only cause of cheaper Conversion price and +30% glyph heal on ERW.
    At the moment for PvP I bought only crit gear, since no secondary stat directly improves Blood damage, full blue gear gives about +27% crit on arena (both trinkets with crit).
    Damage cycle: outbreak-> double DS -> Blood Boil -> Strangulate or double Blood Boil -> Sindragosa -> ERW -> DS -> DS -> Blood Boils -> PLague Leech -> DS while breathing and then depending on the situation.
    On Skirmish this solo cycle forces Pain Supression on Disc but I think its cause they don't expect that burst from blood and use it in panic.
    Sindragosa lasts the longest for blood cause of auto multistrike RP generation.

I rarely do less damage then second DPS, almost more all the time, especially if have both opponents cleaved.

But last days I was advised by another blood who plays at 2s with another blood at 2.1 to gear straight Bonus Armor and Mastery for sky top AP and surv against melee teams. And I think I will go this way...tho crit blood is kind of great fun

BY talents: Plague Leech + Lichborne + Chillblains + Btap + Desecration + Sindra
    glyphs: Icy Touch + reduced AMS cd + Runic power on slows

I don't seriously PvP as blood on arena but I really believe these days double blood Dk and even triple blood is very serious power just not popular cause other DK specs survive pretty good
    Last edited by Evida; 2014-12-24 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    I actually found a guide http://youtu.be/_HJBntF1FfI I had half my PVP gear when I began today and in almost all BGs I was in the top 5/10 for damage (not KBs because blood is crap for stealing them) excluding alterac and IoC due to me defending towers or taking gates down, also in bgs (still not fully geared) it took 5 people to take me down while still holding up if I pop defensives, while you mentioned the healers it's understandable seeing as I could barely mark somebody with a pocket healer as blood but I really do see this as being a viable spec if you set it up right, I'm also rolling with frost spec gear (crit/haste) for higher damage and am considering running around in frost spec until I need to be defensive.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should be 1st by damage, at least 2nd in situation where none of DPS at both sides have pocket healers Yes, killing blows suck but you live much longer and keep busy a lot of opponents at the same time while rest of your team does dirty deeds somewhere there if they are capable of any
    Blood with a healer on arena is a...well, a mistake its much better with another dps, and you are guaranteed to come to a conclusion you need another blood dk 'cuase anybody you play with at 2s are cursed to die
    Last edited by Evida; 2014-12-25 at 06:38 AM.

Blood PvP Guide

Over the course of the last few months I have written a guide about Blood PvP. It does not bother me if people accuse me of being a 'scrub', simply because I do not care. Since this is a dueling guide, take this as a grain of salt or of importance if you like.
    As of note, I do not wish to promote myself but I feel as if it is time to release this as I have been wanting to for quite some time.

Spilling Blood – Blood PvP Guide – Duel Hero

Table of Contents
    01 – Talents
    02 – Glyphs
    03 – Stat Priority | Enchants
    04 – Opening
    05 – Main Burst
    06 - Dependents
    07 – Macros

Talents
    Certain talents destroy other talents. Whether it is from rune management or getting out of CC, there is usually a clear winner when it comes to talents for Blood Death Knight’s.

Tier I
    Plague Bearer is a talent used by some Death Knight’s because it’s easy to keep your current diseases up. You might be interested in this if you decide that you don’t want more buttons on your bar and want an easier way of keeping your diseases on your target/s. I recommend not using this and Necrotic Plague together.
    Plague Leech requires more management, especially if you plan on doing the biggest burst possible as Blood. (Burst explained in 05). You will be sacrificing your diseases for other abilities in different situations. (Can also be used if you need to heal).
    Unholy Blight spreads diseases, but deals no damage. It is an easier way for applying diseases and does not use runes, which you then can use the runes for Death Strikes. Paired with Necrotic Plague, you have the ability to ramp up your disease fast for easy pressure.

Optimization
    Plague Leech is the best choice by far, due to rune management. Only choose this if you can handle more sophistication. If you are new, I suggest starting with one of the other two and moving on to Plague Leech when you are comfortable.

Tier II
    Lichborne is used by all sensible Death Knights, no matter what specialization. It can get you out of fears, charms and sleep effects and be immune to them for ten seconds. (However, does not work with horrifies). On top of this, you have the ability to heal yourself with Death Coil and gain 10% Leech from all damage and healing. Dancing Rune Weapon and Death Coil also work well with each other as a defensive/burst heal. (Explained later on).

Anti – Magic Zone is not worth it. A 20% magic damage reduction that lasts for three seconds, on a two minute cool down is practically useless. Not going to bother delve in situations that you could use this in.

Purgatory is a situational talent. If its effect has activated, and you are in range of a target and if you have one or two Death Strikes ready, it can save your life, but that is only if those requirements are current.

Optimization
    The one that stands out the most and is the most useful is no doubt, Lichborne. The breaking of fears and charms with the ability to heal is superb.

Tier III
    Death’s Advance is mandatory for PvE Death Knights but absolutely worthless in PvP, unless you intend on being a flag carrier, then it is the best choice.

Chilblains is somewhat useful. It is good for slowing down against classes that tend to kite. The Frost Fever disease can be easily dispelled though, removing the passive slow. It may be good to accompany it with the glyph of Enduring Infection.

Asphyxiate is probably the best talent out of all our trees. It is an amazing Death Knight duelling talent. It holds a thirty second cool down and if the target is immune to the stun, they are silenced for five seconds. (Best talent choice for when you are bursting as a Blood Death Knight).

Optimization
    Asphyxiate is the clear winner. It out shines the rest by a mile. It will make your Blood Death Knight burst a lot easier and better.

Tier IV
    Death Pact can be quite spectacular if conjoined with Vampiric Blood. Although, it does give you a de - buff that absorbs the next (x) amount of healing. It is best used after your last Death Strike so your following Death Strike’s don’t just get absorbed.

Death Siphon is only good for the low levels. Since this is a max level guide, it is the worst of the three. It acts like a ranged Death Strike, costs one less rune (but requires a Death Rune) but it does not grant a Blood Shield and does quite a bit less damage.

Conversion is horrible now. 30 Runic Power per second for a measly 2% heal is nothing. Better to be used on Death Coils.

Optimization
    Death Pact takes the game in mostly every situation. You will recover from most people’s burst and can heal you to full if used with Vampiric Blood as explained before. Although, your absorb healing debuff will be higher.

Tier V
    Blood Tap is sort of like a Plague Leech. Grants Death Runes but requires charges from Death Coil. It gives you better control over your fights and if you need a Death Rune for a Death Strike, you can proceed to do so as there is no RNG involved. (Also can give you a stronger burst.).

Runic Empowerment is not the best, from what I have heard and from what I have tested for Blood Death Knights. Apparently it is only useful for Frost Death Knights (please correct me if I am wrong). It rests on a 45% chance of activating and when it does, it gives you a random Death Rune.

Runic Corruption benefits haste Death Knights by a lot. This is pretty good for a Blood Death Knight but once again, it has a 45% chance. This would be the second best option if you dislike the idea of managing Blood Tap in my opinion.

Optimization
    Blood Tap is far by the best choice in all types of scenarios, no matter what the build for a Blood Death Knight. I personally like it because I would rather have something that is certain, than something that has a chance on activating. If you feel like you have too much on your bar, choose Runic Corruption instead.

Tier VI
    Gorefiend’s Grasp is sort of like another Death Grip. Honestly, most of the time I find that Death Grip is enough especially with Asphyxiate and Chains of Ice.

Remorseless Winter is a dummies tool. If the enemy player gets stuck in it, they are bad. Simple. If you encounter another Death Knight who uses Asphyxiate then casts Remorseless Winter, they are bad. Do not do this. The only reason you should choose Remorseless Winter (even though you shouldn't) is for the slow and perhaps against a melee comp in 3s or 5s.

Desecrated Ground is awesome. It’s a free trinket. If you are human, you can essentially have four trinkets. I don’t have words that can describe how amazing this talent is.

Optimization
    Desecrated Ground wins, hands down. A free trinket to get out of a CC can help change the course of the fight and turn the tide.

Tier VII
    Necrotic Plague - This stand - alone disease is a damage loss for everything except Unholy and only a gain if they are using Unholy Blight for it's current state. Sure, it has it's potential in some fights due to the Runic Power Gain and saves a Rune every now and then because of only composing of one disease but I would not take it until it is buffed and a damage gain without the use of Unholy Blight.

Defile - Situational and not reliable since most people will move out of the way. It does however bring an extra small defensive to the table as you take less 10% damage when your enemies are in it, but it is very easy to see and escape from.

Breath of Sindragosa - This talent is probably the most needed one out of the tier for Blood. The only reason why we lose in duels is because of how our offensive pressure is too low. The more pressure you can inflict to a target the less they can do to you. If you let someone get the hang over you, it is a lot harder to reclaim that stand point as Blood than it would be for Frost or Unholy. The best offence is a good defense.

Optimization
    Generally, Breath of Sindragosa would be the best, however you will be encountering a lot of classes with high mobility and escape paths who can kite Breath easily which could be a damage loss since the ticks will miss a lot while as a couple of Death Coils won't. Necrotic Plague is great against Rogues because of their fast attacks which will make your Runic Power tremendously high and will save you a rune which could be aided towards another Death Strike. Unfortunately, this tier is reliant on situational encounters.

Glyphs
    Glyphs are usually subjective and are used in preference, however, I will be mentioning the ones that stand out to be the best and the most useful in lots of situations. (Displayed in order of usefulness).

Major Glyphs
    Regenerative Magic – Can lower the cool down of your Anti – Magic Shell by 50%. This is amazing (especially against casters).

Anti – Magic Shell – Probably one of the most useful glyphs out of them all. If you are facing a high burst caster, 25% reduced damage is pretty amazing.

Icy Touch – Very helpful, can remove quite a lot of positive effects. The dispel is random I believe.

Runic Power – You will be all the time against ranged classes. This will help with your damage and putting more offensive pressure on the target.

Dark Simulacrum – A lot of Death Knights will say that Dark Simulacrum is solely based on luck. Part of this is true, but if you begin to learn the person or the player, you will tend to pick up what they are going to do next. Stealing something useful can be satisfying and that cool – down reduction and increased length of Dark Simulacrum can really help landing something useful. It can change the fight completely if used at the right time.

Blood Boil – Extra five yards can help with getting a SoB stack or provide extra damage that you may miss. Since Blood Boils animation is hard to tell if it hits, this may help.

Death Grip – Five yards may seem little, but if you try it out, that extra 5 yards can make all the difference.

Icebound Fortitude – This glyph can be useful against classes that stun a lot. Even though I would prefer the longer damage reduction and stun immunity, this can be somewhat useful.

Vampiric Blood – From what I have tested, you will be receiving less self – heals from yourself if you use this glyph and more if you don’t have the glyph. Thought I would put this out here if people were wondering.

(I have still yet to update the new glyphs that were added in Warlords of Draenor, I will get to that presently).

Minor Glyphs
    Resilient Grip – The only glyph you need for Minor Glyphs. You do not want a chance of wasting your Death Grip.

Path of Frost – If you want to take less falling damage, it seems appropriate. Though, this has nothing to do with duels, it is the second most helpful minor glyph.

The last glyph is purely cosmetic. Choose what you like.

Stat Priority | Enchants
    Strength -> Bonus Armour -> Multistrike -> Critical Strike -> Versatility -> Haste -> Mastery

Enchants
    Main Hand – Rune of Fallen Crusader (Chance to heal you for 3% and increase total Strength by 20% for 15 seconds)
    Neck – Gift of Multistrike
    Back– Gift of Multistrike
    Ring One – Gift of Multistrike
    Ring Two – Gift of Multistrike

Opening Fight
    Chains of Ice -> Plague Strike -> Blood Boil (*2) -> Death Coil (*x) -> Death Strike (*2)

Damage Burst
    Dancing Rune Weapon practically doubles your attacks, almost doubling your damage. It will double your Blood Plague and Frost Fever diseases, and Soul Reapers.

Your main burst as Blood sits on a lengthy five minute cool down. You will need;
    Four fully recharged Death Runes.
    Two fully recharged Blood Runes.
    Dancing Rune Weapon + Outbreak + Empower Rune Weapon + Asphyxiate off cool down. (If you haven’t chosen Asphyxiate, that is your choice, but I suggest you do).
    It is also appropriate have; Icebound Fortitude, Lichborne, Desecrated Ground or an Insignia to continue your burst just in case you get feared, stunned etc.

Try and bait your opponent and make him use his trinket before you burst. If he is a Death Knight, try and make him pop Icebound Fortitude instead.
    Dancing Rune Weapon -> (PvP Damage Trinket) -> Outbreak -> Asphyxiate -> Death Strike (*2) -> Soul Reaper (*1) -> Empower Rune Weapon -> Death Strike (*2) -> Death Coil (*x)

Macros
    Damage Burst Macro
    Some helpful and useful macros are;
    /castsequence reset =4 Dancing Rune Weapon, (PvP Damage Trinket), Outbreak, Asphyxiate

Heal Macros
    /cast Vampiric Blood
    /cast Death Pact

/cast Vampiric Blood
    /cast !Lichborne;
    /cast [target=player] Death Coil
    You can add a /cast Dancing Rune Weapon to double your Death Coil heals.
    Dancing Rune Weapon also doubles Death Coil heals. (This may have been reverted and I am yet to test it).

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy this!
    Quite a bit of effort was pushed into this so I would appreciate any feedback and/or constructive criticism.
    Last edited by MalevolentPvP; 2014-12-25 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Added Information | Fixed Errors

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalevolentPvP View Post
    Since this is a dueling guide
    Is there any blood Dk in need of a duel guide?

My short version for arena.

1. Plague Leech only, you need more damage, more burst and are supposed to use a lot of Blood Boils to get diseases back from nearby taregts.
    2. Lichborne vs classes with fear and magical aoe damage, it can be decently outhealed by Lich when LoS. Definitly Purgatory against teams like rogue-feral/hunter/things, Lichborne heals are useless cause every 1.0 sec global of lich heals you get damaged by even more against these teams. Need to say only worthy if you are paired with another blood, in all the rest cases everyone goes to kill your teammater not you. Smart wizards will go for blood, because +30% armor is useless against'em and conversion (the one that banes magical damage) is inpossible as blood.
    3. Chillblains for sure. A class that relies on self healing from melee strikes can not afford stun even on that short cd. Play with stunners but keep chillblains. Again, and this is very important - play with stunning classes (like second blood, for example).
    4. Btap...just because blood have the best runic power generation for death coild spam, better then frost
    5. Trinket, or remorsless against teams with a limited amount of crowd control.
    6. Sindra, NP is the most useless thing at WoW for a Dk, does less dmanage, breaks teammates fragile cc-s, and no1 ever goes for Dk even if unholy or frost - so runic power got is an unreliable myth. Defile looks good only if it moves with Dk, which is not

Stats: Bonus armor -> mastery -> versa=crit, leave haste, full blood tap mode, go 7 k attack power mode

Glyphs: ...just keep in mind death coil glyph to shield allies, with blood Dk AP and amount of runic power got and a great probability for your teammates to be fcked just coil them once in a while to make their life easier

Macros: [/cast Blood Presence /cast Unholy Presence /cast Frost Presence], stance-dance to defend and damage better, to move faster, to be sapped shorter
    Last edited by Evida; 2014-12-26 at 08:31 AM.

Is there any blood Dk in need of a duel guide?
    It's easy to figure out yourself what would needed in most situations.

Lichborne heals are useless cause every 1.0
    Wrong. You don't get hit seventy - thousand a second. (This is without Vampiric Blood).

or remorsless against teams with a limited amount of crowd control.
    Anyone can get out of Remorseless Winter.

Bonus armor -> mastery -> versa=crit, leave haste, full blood tap mode, go 7 k attack power mode
    He wanted a damage guide. Not a survive ability guide. Our Mastery Ratio is too little for it to be effective as a damage stat. Our stat attunement is Multistrike which provide more damage.

Macros: [/cast Blood Presence /cast Unholy Presence /cast Frost Presence], stance-dance to defend and damage better, to move faster, to be sapped shorter
    There is no stance dancing in Blood.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalevolentPvP View Post
    Wrong. You don't get hit seventy - thousand a second. (This is without Vampiric Blood).
    Heal debuffs + Battle Fatigue at 2s + +20% damage tank specs receive in WoD.
    You just don't get healed seventy - thousand a second with 2 melee dps on you
    oh wait, your guide is about duels...ouch.

Anyone can get out of Remorseless Winter.
    with Chillblains - not even half With Asphixite - almost all

There is no stance dancing in Blood.
    There is. But stay at blood presence permanently why charge the game with useless bidns.

He wanted a damage guide. Not a survive ability guide. Our Mastery Ratio is too little for it to be effective as a damage stat. Our stat attunement is Multistrike which provide more damage.
    Sure, stack Multistrike PvP is all about damage and lucky % rolls.

Good luck at duels
    Last edited by Evida; 2014-12-26 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evida View Post
    Heal debuffs + Battle Fatigue at 2s + +20% damage tank specs receive in WoD.
    You just don't get healed seventy - thousand a second with 2 melee dps on you
    oh wait, your guide is about duels...ouch.

with Chillblains - not even half With Asphixite - almost all

There is. But stay at blood presence permanently why charge the game with useless bidns.

Sure, stack Multistrike PvP is all about damage and lucky % rolls.

Good luck at duels
    Dampening doesn't start straight away?
    Freedom the CoI? Heroic Leap? Pillar Hump? Or just receive diminishing returns.
    Lose Runic Power for a small speed buff, sure.

PvP is partially about RnG. What would be the point of critical strike?

But then again, you are not even 1600. Ouch.
    Last edited by MalevolentPvP; 2014-12-27 at 10:25 AM.