Two HDD, where to install WoW?

Ok this may be a stupid question but I have to ask. I have a laptop with 2 hard drives, one is a 128gb SSD and the other a standard 1Tb drive, which drive should I install WoW on for the best performance?

I would recommend installing part of it on each drive, this way they share the load and if one fails you won't lose all your progress.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    SSD for best performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The SSD will give you faster load times. It won't improve your FPS though. And be sure the SSD isn't drowning in data, as that can negatively impact the performance of the drive. Typically you want to leave 15-20% of the available space free as a buffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it fits on the 128GB SSD with room to spare, then go for it. The game is rather large though and for lazy reasons I'd personally just end up installing it on the HDD-part. Since when on there, you won't have to worry about managing the minimal SSD space left for other applications.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I would recommend installing part of it on each drive, this way they share the load and if one fails you won't lose all your progress.
    Ha-ha?

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    The SSD will give you faster load times. It won't improve your FPS though. And be sure the SSD isn't drowning in data, as that can negatively impact the performance of the drive. Typically you want to leave 15-20% of the available space free as a buffer.
    This is news to me, having a full SSD(about 5% space left) and so far it hasn't impacted me or with load times. A few of my friends filled up theirs as well and haven't noticed anything either. The 15-20% available space was specific to optical drives because of fragmented files and a bunch of other garbage. It likely slows down but most likely by a minor amount of 1-5%, but with the absurd levels of read/write times you won't notice it at all.

OP: If you have the space, put it on the SSD - if not put it on your HDD either way you won't notice much of a difference once you are actually playing the game.

thanks everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this even a question?

If you have many alts and relog often, SSD is priceless

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a post on here somewhere about getting WoW to run off your SSD while the bulk of the files are on a HDD, will post if I can find it again

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    There's a post on here somewhere about getting WoW to run off your SSD while the bulk of the files are on a HDD, will post if I can find it again
    It isn't updated for wod and the chance of that happening is pretty slim.

install it on the SSD, it helps WoW perform quite well.