Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why do most top warriors use arms?

Recently i've looked up a few warriors who have cleared Mythic 7/7, and most of them have been arms.

The best dps I can do with arms as 660 ilvl is around 17-18, while as fury 558 ilvl I manage to keep it on 22-24k (Single target patchwerk style)

I know that Arms should be better for cleavage, but am I missing something here? Am I doing something wrong as arms or should I just stay fury?

Thank you in advance

Deleted
    Just most fights favor Cleave,and arms is better than fury at that.

Because highmaul is full of bloody cleave fights. I only go fury for kargath and butcher.

Quote Originally Posted by The bearer of truths View Post
    Because highmaul is full of bloody cleave fights. I only go fury for kargath and butcher.
    Not entirely true, fury performs very well for many fights; but Arms does have many places to shine. Another reason people forget is that the Fury changes came very late and many warriors simply didn't keep up with them, and/or were not properly geared to play it.

I'm trying to judge whether I'll be rolling Fury with my 676 MH and 645 OH (1h'ers) for the AOE fights or Arms with my 655 2h'er. Obviously if I had an Arms weapon as high as my 1h Fury I'd go Arms for the aoe fights but...

Managed between 26.2k and 26.8k on Tek, Brak, and Twins and 24k on Imp as Fury. So I'll see if I can beat those numbers this week as arms with a weaker weapon.
    How-To Video's for Hunter solo'ing

http://www.youtube.com/user/DIsteevnash

10+ Year Old Account
    numbers aren't really important

i mean obviously they are very relevant to a point and it is fun to be competitive fighting for #1, but is it more important for you to do more overall damage or is it more important to do a huge aoe burst at a particular phase in the fight at the cost of a little less overall damage? it's really up to you to decide

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    numbers aren't really important

i mean obviously they are very relevant to a point and it is fun to be competitive fighting for #1, but is it more important for you to do more overall damage or is it more important to do a huge aoe burst at a particular phase in the fight at the cost of a little less overall damage? it's really up to you to decide
    That's actually why I tried Fury for a few pulls of Mythic Brackenspore, better damage to add when it spawned.

I went Arms+Glad as that was what I had the gear for. During the split raids I didn't get my hand on two weapons, I got one heroic 1hander and one normal WF 2hander, meaning I had to either craft a weapon or use one of my 640 challenge mode weapons. If I would have remotely enjoyed playing Fury I may have considered it, but seeing as how Fury is the worst spec Blizzard has ever thrown into the game (in my opinion (just behind Arms)) I decided I'd stick with Arms for AoE+Cleave fights and Glad for the rest.

Another factor is that Fury is only the best on one or arguably two fights in Highmaul. If you're on Balcony duty on Kargath you'll be able to get some real good clearing as Fury and on Ko'ragh You could go Fury if your group needs you to help out on AoE, otherwise Glad is a lot stronger as you can use Glyphed Mocking Banner on every second wave to glue them to your tank. The Butcher is the last fight I'd consider Fury on. This is a fight that most people will say is all about single target damage, but I'd argue it's just as much about survival as well. Fury and Glad, given equal gear, are within 3% of each other in Heroic Highmaul gear, but Glad CAN'T die. If you glyph your Shield Wall you'll have that up for the first set of cleaves sub 30%, and for the second you'll have LS+Demo+ER. After that the boss will either have enraged or you will have killed the boss.

All three specs are very much viable in high end raiding, as can be seen if you check all of the top end warriors, half of them run Arms+Prot and the other half are Arms+Fury. Which will be the best depends more on what gear you have available than on anything else as they all are very close to each other on all the different fights. There's not a single fight in Highmaul where I would be able to give you the right answer on what spec you should play as there's always 2+ specs that are close to equal on it.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

What fights are optimal for Arms specc?

Twins, tectus, brackenspore, imperator if you need the aoe

Quote Originally Posted by vidas View Post
    Twins, tectus, brackenspore, imperator if you need the aoe
    Isnt fury better aoe for tectus?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenash View Post
    I'm trying to judge whether I'll be rolling Fury with my 676 MH and 645 OH (1h'ers) for the AOE fights or Arms with my 655 2h'er. Obviously if I had an Arms weapon as high as my 1h Fury I'd go Arms for the aoe fights but...

Managed between 26.2k and 26.8k on Tek, Brak, and Twins and 24k on Imp as Fury. So I'll see if I can beat those numbers this week as arms with a weaker weapon.
    Fury warrior in my guild put is higher DPS weapon into his off-hand with the furious strikes talent and did about 5k more DPS in the last raid than he had previously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrekon View Post
    Isnt fury better aoe for tectus?
    i really don't think any cleave game is stronger than arms' besides enhancement

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Fury warrior in my guild put is higher DPS weapon into his off-hand with the furious strikes talent and did about 5k more DPS in the last raid than he had previously.
    This will only yield better results on pure single target fights (Kargath if you stay on boss and Butcher). Any type of aoe will negate this effect, and I don't think it's as big an increase as 5k, there are probably other factors contributing to a 5k dps increase.

Deleted
    I'm not playing a warrior currently but it was kinda easy to find out who does best on what:

Kargath(HC): Fury > Glad > Arms (Mythic): Fury > Arms > Glad
    Butcher(HC and Mythic): Fury > Glad > Arms
    Tectus(HC and Mythic): Arms > Fury > Glad
    Brackenspore(HC): Fury >= Arms > Glad (Mythic):Arms > Fury >= Glad
    Twin Ogron(HC and Mythic) Arms > Glad > Fury
    Koragh(HC):Fury > Arms > Glad (Mythic): Fury >= Arms > Glad
    Imperator(HC): Fury >= Arms > Glad (Mythic): Fury > Arms > Glad

One thing to note is the Imperator can be kidna hard to messure. On Normal and HC it does have some cleave, but people can cheese the damage in the end if they AoE the adds that should be ignored. On Mythic most guilds have used enhancement shamans to Solo the adds and so as a warrior its unlikely you will get to go bananas on them with Arms. This is why we only see two fury warriors on the Mythic Imperator list atm.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r&difficulty=4

Deleted
    You only see two warriors on Mythic Imp, as atm almost all guilds that have killed it are running private logs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nargacuga View Post
    You only see two warriors on Mythic Imp, as atm almost all guilds that have killed it are running private logs.
    yeah i meant thats why they are both fury. I didnt mean warriors dont get to raid

A couple of reasons the main ones being:

1. Highmaul has A LOT of sustained aoe or cleave fights. Tectus, Blackenspore, Twin Ogron. It also has burst aoe fights, like kargath if you are on bitch duty, however fury is fairly good at burst aoe.
    2. Execute. Arms' execute is completely ridiculous. Executing the big add on blackenspore while cleaving half of that onto the boss is HUGE dps. Tectus has multiple execute phases, as does ko'ragh.
    3. Requires 1 weapon, not 2. If you have say (i dont know the ilvls of the highmaul stuff honestly) a 670 MH and a 630 OH, your Wildstrike damage is going to absolute trash and that will also greatly effect your RBs, Bladestorms and Executes. As arms? Equip that 670 MH and spin to win.

Deleted
    What would be the best talent and glyph for each boss that u go as arms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if Arms is better than Fury when it comes to cleave fights, I don't believe it's that far off. Yes there is a difference but I'd rather shove a cactus up my dickhole than play Arms.

I love playing Fury and imo it does great, just need more crit.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."