Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

2014-15 World Junior Hockey Championship!

Tournament starts on Boxing Day (December 26th). This year is so hyped, there is so much top end talent from several countries too. Most important, Connor McDavid (CAN) vs Jack Eichel (USA) going head to head as future NHL can't miss superstars. But it's not just those guys who will be turning heads. Noah Hanifin (USA) is projected to be a top pairing D man. Unfortunately Olivar Kylington (SWE) was injured in the pre-tournament game vs Canada but he would be another highly touted defense prospect. Another player projected to be in the top 10 of the 2015 NHL draft is Pavel Zacha (CZE). Needless to say, it's going to be another excellent tournament. Rough for Sweden, their starting goaltender is out with an undisclosed injury that will keep him out of the tournament.

Schedule is looking something like this:

December 26th Russia 3 vs Denmark 2OT/SO 1pm EST, USA 2 vs Finland 1OT/SO 3pm EST, Czech Republic 2 vs Sweden 5 5pm EST, Slovakia 0 vs Canada 8 8pm EST

December 27th Sweden 5 vs Denmark 1 1pm EST, Finland 1 vs Slovakia 4pm2 EST, Switzerland 5 vs Czech Republic2 5pm EST, Canada 4 vs Germany 0 8pm EST

December 28th Switzerland 0 vs Russia 7 5pm EST, Germany 0 vs USA 6 8pm EST

December 29th Denmark 3 vs Czech Republic 4 1pm EST, Slovakia 0 vs USA 3 4pm EST, Russia 2 vs Sweden 3 5pm EST, Canada 4 vs Finland 1 8pm EST

December 30th Denmark 4 vs Switzerland 3 OT/SO 5pm EST, Germany 2 vs Slovakia 5 8pm EST

December 31st Sweden 5 vs Switzerland 1 1pm EST, USA 3 vs Canada 5 4pm EST, Czech Republic 4 vs Russia 1 5pm EST, Finland 2 vs Germany 0 8pm EST

January 2nd Games start at 11am EST and the final game starts at 8pm EST, these are the quarter finals plus relegation games.

January 3rd Relegation game at 7pm EST

January 4th Semi Final games 4pm EST and 8pm EST

January 5th Finals Relegation game at 11am EST, Bronze Medal game at 4pm EST and the Gold Medal at 8pm EST

Sorry Euro bros I don't have the conversion to your times so I just did Eastern Standard Time.

Canada are the favourites this year but USA has a very solid squad with Jack Eichel and maybe the 2016 NHL 1st overall pick. Sweden has been rocked by injuries but I won't be surprised if they do well again. Russia is a wild card but I personally will be paying attention to a couple of their D men. I know Leaf fans are super excited to see William Nylander's beautiful flow in action. Good luck fans and enjoy some of the best puck of the year!
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2015-01-01 at 07:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything but a gold medal for Canada isn't acceptable. Especially with the level of talent that our country fields.

But that being said, it's always fun to see other countries in their progress for hockey.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Slovakia is going to get destroyed. Canada beat the ever living crap out of Sweden the other day and they have considerably better talent. Going to be interested to see how Fredrik Gauthier does for Canada and William Nylander for Sweden, two of Toronto's top prospects.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's the website to look at brackets/rosters

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you can view this but http://www.tsn.ca/world-juniors has a lot of information. I'll be updating my original post with results too.

Denmark is taking it to Russia right now, Ehlers is a beast.

First game of the tourny goin' to OT, hell yeah. Come on Denmark defeat the Russian beast!

Damn what a crazy overtime, end to end chances. Ehlers very impressive in this game. Time to switch over to the USA/Finland game.\

http://gfycat.com/LargeFrighteningJunco Just a taste of Jack Eichel's capabilities.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-12-26 at 08:50 PM.

Deleted
    Lets go Sweden! Been waiting so long for this!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    USA Finland going to OT, Eichel and Honka both looking extremely impressive for their respective teams. And Finnish goaltending wtf! Kipper coachin' them well.

Eichel is good at hockey.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-12-26 at 10:32 PM.

Deleted
    Sweden takes the lead 1-0!

- - - Updated - - -

Woop! 2-0!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad the pre tournament setbacks meant nothing to you guys. We'll see how they react to some offense though. Nylander is awesome.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-12-26 at 10:45 PM.

Deleted
    Yea, Our pre games was not the happiest moments in hockey for us. But that does not matter now!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sweden flexing, not a great game from Czech. Nylander was great, De La Rose very solid too. Vrana impressed me aswell, 1 game to go now. Go Canada Go!

Deleted
    Sweden won pretty comfortable, but Czech was bad aswell. They had nothing except when the Swedes messed up.

- - - Updated - - -

Expect McDavid to score 5 goals and 3 assists. That is how hyped he has been in Sweden atleast

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well he had a scoring chance already 2 mins into the game lol. Hoping he does some cool shit but understandable if he doesn't - he's coming off injury. Beauty from Duclair, you might be more impressed with him than McDavid - he's played NHL minutes already.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-12-27 at 01:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Well he had a scoring chance already 2 mins into the game lol. Hoping he does some cool shit but understandable if he doesn't - he's coming off injury.
    Yea.. Duclair with a sweet goal This can easily end up with 10+ goals.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing anyone didn't expect to see, utter decimation of Slovakia. Moving on! Just a reminder the action gets underway again at 1pm est with Sweden and Denmark squaring off. Kind of weaker games tomorrow, we'll see how Sweden handles the Ehlers line that gave Russia some troubles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Nothing anyone didn't expect to see, utter decimation of Slovakia. Moving on! Just a reminder the action gets underway again at 1pm est with Sweden and Denmark squaring off. Kind of weaker games tomorrow, we'll see how Sweden handles the Ehlers line that gave Russia some troubles.
    I fell asleep after 4-0 Slovakia is probably the weakest team in the tournament followed by Denmark or Switzerland.

Expecting a comfortable win against Denmark tomorrow to.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a prety solid game between Slovakia and Finland, didn't think the Slovaks had it in them after that drumming last night and going up against Saros. 2-1 halfway through the second. Saw bits and pieces of the early Sweden game at the gym, looks like Denmark made many mistakes but Nylander and co were too skilled. Also that toe drag goal he had was awesome.

Big upset Slovakia beats Finland and Switzerland is up 5-2 on Czech right now. I think Germany is the worst team in the tournament followed by Denmark. Everyone has at least 1 promising prospect though.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-12-27 at 11:54 PM.

Czech's will bomb as usual because of their "homeland" policies.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    I really hope Phil Baltisberger is okay. That was one disgusting hit

Deleted
    Oh my god. We won 3-2 against Russia after the best game so far that I have seen this tournament.