Why do people deny that it is dangerous to be a woman in this day and age?

Wrong link, wrong thread. MMO needs to add a delete thread option.
    Last edited by diddle; 2014-12-24 at 09:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying that it is better to be a man is pretty vague you know, women have some seroius advantages in several fields

Deleted
    It isn't more "dangerous" to be a women, if we're going to have a pity jerk.

Men are statistically murdered more, assaulted more, robbed more, stabbed more, and face a hundredfold more racial discrimination by certain bodies I won't name.

I mean, even reading your post source it's CLEAR men face more crime, at higher levels, and more violence used.

Sure women face a higher chance based on gender to be sexually assaulted, but if we include prisons the number flatlines in America, to just slightly more in favour of men.

Yet somehow people fail to include prison in that.

INB4 Muh-soggy-knee.

Everyone gets it bad, but trying to put one gender above another is sad.

Of the 12,664 murder victims in 2011 for which supplemental data were received, most (77.6 percent) were male.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    It isn't more "dangerous" to be a women, if we're going to have a pity jerk.

Men are statistically murdered more, assaulted more, robbed more, stabbed more, and face a hundredfold more racial discrimination by certain bodies I won't name.

I mean, even reading your post source it's CLEAR men face more crime, at higher levels, and more violence used.

Sure women face a higher chance based on gender to be sexually assaulted, but if we include prisons the number flatlines in America, to just slightly more in favour of men.

Yet somehow people fail to include prison in that.

INB4 Muh-soggy-knee.

Everyone gets it bad, but trying to put one gender above another is sad.

UGH! Straight, white men always need to make it about them! NEVER can we, oppressed groups, have any discussion about the kind of horrible things we face!

[/s]

Leave it to a man...

Probably because men are the victims of more violent crimes.

In any case, it's funny to watch the privileged white kids at universities act like anyone in that context is likely to be targeted for crime.

As a straight, white male, pretty much anything i say or do it somehow racist or discriminating to someone
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

10+ Year Old Account
    Dangerous is a very sensationalist word. I would agree with the word hard and could get into that if you want.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's with the crazy amount of gender threads today?

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post

They're trying to attract me.

MMO-Champ is often obsessed with this shit. A lot of the dating threads are really just thinly veiled "why are women all so stupid and slutty?" threads. Shock of all shocks, a lot of people are fucking stupid about gender, and this is probably an even stronger effect among young people.

The persecution Olympics started this morning.

Alternatively, given that it's Christmas, this is where people go to sulk about their siblings getting more toys than them.

Except that instead of toys it's getting sporadically killed, raped, or generally mistreated.
    Last edited by stumpy; 2014-12-24 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    "why are women all so stupid and slutty?"

Don't forget "Why do boys have preferences!? Filthy misogynists!".

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know, I can just use the code of chivalry and cap a woman's man in the field of honor and then take her for my own.

Or I can ride up in my 4x4 with other men and take womenfolk for concubines.

Pretty fucking dangerous to be a woman nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    MMO-Champ is often obsessed with this shit. A lot of the dating threads are really just thinly veiled "why are women all so stupid and slutty?" threads. Shock of all shocks, a lot of people are fucking stupid about gender, and this is probably an even stronger effect among young people.
    Social media is obsessed with it as it allows crazy people to group up until it goes viral and people who don't give a shit can't even look away on the topic as it's slammed in your face of every website you go.

Prime example, that bitch that walked down the street who couldn't deal with "Hey beautiful".

Pretty dangerous for everyone depending on your situation.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Because according to most lawmakers - men can't be raped. Because apparently if you have a dick you always want to have sex. /sarcasm

Bout the same as the dumb idea that black people can't be racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

You are going to have to define 'dangerous' for me. As dangerous as being a polish woman during WW2? Or maybe as dangerous as being a female slave in one of the many slave-owning civilizations throughout history? Or are we talking 'the average man has the ability to overpower the average woman, and so could force himself on her at any time, and so something something gelding all males'?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the OP is gone and the discussion thus far happening in here is mostly just upset, ranting, and blanket generalisations rather than thoughtful dialogue anyway, I'm going to go ahead and close this.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |