Poll: Superman or Goku!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Because the strongest form of Superman is "Cosmic Armour Superman" also known as The Thought Robot who has the power to alter reality as he sees fit, and was aware of the presence of the reader. He's a tier or two above Goku's strongest form.
    That sounds like Dr. Manhattan mixed in with Deadpool, that's not a form of Superman I was aware of.

Well, they wouldn't fight, because they're both fundamentally decent people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That sounds like Dr. Manhattan mixed in with Deadpool, that's not a form of Superman I was aware of.
    Tbh, he's probably a tier above Manhattan as well. He's UTTERLY broken, he's not just aware of the plot, he's actually able to change it to achieve his goals.

And Goku is just dumb enough to let him do it XD. Goku would square up, starting screaming to charge up his Spirit Bomb, or maybe a Kamehameha.

Then before he could even formulate the idea of throwing it, Thought Robot would have reverted him back to a child, and changed the idea of ever becoming a Martial Artist.

Before we know what's happened, Goku is a fat 40yo, running a small but successful Ramen shop.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    didnt goku beat beerus and hes like an interdimensional god of the universe
    I don't recall him ever beating Beerus and Beerus is only the god of destruction for a single universe not some interdimensional god as far as I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Death Battles on YouTube answered this question twice. It's Superman.
    That was before he got SSB or Ultra Instinct. I'd say Goku.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    That was before he got SSB or Ultra Instinct. I'd say Goku.
    Nah, like I said, twice. They did a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Nah, like I said, twice. They did a new one.
    It was still before SSB Kaiokenx20 and specifically what I mention Ultra Instinct. The last one made was 4 years ago.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not familiar enough with Superman, to say exactly how strong he is, but I do know Goku and his latest improvements.

But if we are going with a bullshit version pointed out by Gallahadd, then Superman would probably win.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Tbh, he's probably a tier above Manhattan as well. He's UTTERLY broken, he's not just aware of the plot, he's actually able to change it to achieve his goals.

And Goku is just dumb enough to let him do it XD. Goku would square up, starting screaming to charge up his Spirit Bomb, or maybe a Kamehameha.

Then before he could even formulate the idea of throwing it, Thought Robot would have reverted him back to a child, and changed the idea of ever becoming a Martial Artist.

Before we know what's happened, Goku is a fat 40yo, running a small but successful Ramen shop.
    Well that doesn't sound like a lot of fun. A character that is too OP is boring. Even Goku was made weaker than several new characters (Daishinkan, Angels, Destroyer Gods, Hit, Jiren) in order to make him interesting. Hell, even Dr. Manhattan who is about as OP as you can get was outsmarted by Ozymandias, a mere man. It sounds like this form of Superman is invincible, even above Gods on an omniscient level, meaning the only character that could even beat him from Dragon Ball is Zeno.

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    Well, they wouldn't fight, because they're both fundamentally decent people.
    Of course they would, Goku would constantly badger Supes for a fight and giving him his way is the only thing that would shut him up.

Not really much of a content. Even if Goku is more powerful, Superman is the smarter and far more experienced person. Just because a fight is how Goku plans to solve it doesn't mean Superman will. He could simply put Goku in the Phantom Zone or use some other trick to avoid fighting Goku in the first place.

Unless this is the Superman written by Frank Miller. That one's an idiot, but anyone not Batman tends to be in Miller's hands.

This argument really comes down to what version of both characters are compared. Current version of Goku would beat Superman. Strongest versions of both, Superman would beat Goku.

The strongest version of Superman has done stupidly OP things. Held a black hole in his hand. Destroyed a solar system with a sneeze. There are versions of him that don't have a power limit cap, literal limitless power. Versions of him only dealing with other god type beings. Superman would do the Beerus-esque Hakai to literally just destroy Goku.

Still though, current versions, Goku wins.

Superman has never to my knowledge fought someone with Goku's speed/agility...

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Goku can teleport anywhere he wants. Grab some Kryptonite and come back

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    My problem with the Screwattack video is they also based the amount of damage that Goku can take off of something like Dr. Gero's bomb...I mean wtf? Gero specifically didn't even know about Namek to the point where even TFS made it a running joke till he died. Another thing also is that every single time Goku fights somebody on a planet he only holds back to make sure the planet doesn't explode.
    They also combined version of superman which is just bad logic at least in the first video.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Why is Superman limitless when he gets his strength from an alien sun (to his race). Back on his own world he wouldn't be anything exceptional... doesn't make sense.

Plus he lacks martial prowess. He's just a brute that solely relies on brute force... Goku on the other hand is a master with power to back it up.

Modern Superman or Prime Superman? There's vastly different in power on both.

Prime Superman would delete Goku easily.

Otherwise Ultra Instinct Goku, maybe even SSJBlue Goku can beat Modern Superman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Goku can teleport anywhere he wants. Grab some Kryptonite and come back
    Well, not quite. Instant Transmission still needs someone's Ki signature to lock onto.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I'm not familiar enough with Superman, to say exactly how strong he is, but I do know Goku and his latest improvements.

But if we are going with a bullshit version pointed out by Gallahadd, then Superman would probably win.
    Not like Goku as a whole is any less bullshit. He's all about screaming to get a new hair color and bam, he can now fight gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well that doesn't sound like a lot of fun.
    He's not. That's why IIRC, he's only been used about twice in the history of Superman. It's like Rune King Thor... When you can just blink dudes out of existence, it's hard to write a compelling arc.

But we're not talking about compelling arc here, we're talking about who would win in a fight. Thus, the boring, stupidly OP version of Supes comes out to play!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30