Poll: Superman or Goku!

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I know two things about Goku. 1, he can't stay in Super Sayan for very long, and 2, that mother fucker can't breathe in outer space. Supe just waits out the SS, then drags his ass to space and watches him suffocate. Or throws him into the sun.

This isn't even taking any of their "universe" or super powers or any backstory into account. Goku can live indefinitely, he just has to run down that damned path to come back or something. Superman, as far as comics and movies go, can really only be even SCRATCHED when kryptonite is around. But putting both of them in our universe and letting them fight, like I said before, Supe would win simply by taking Goku off the planet.
    I disagree.

While Goku cannot stay in the SSJ form indefinitely (whilst fighting), it's shown that he can breathe in space. He does so whilst fighting Beerus, the God of Destruction. His SSJ form is very long lasting as well - it takes a lot to either knock him out (returning him to his base form) or expend all that energy.

Goku also cannot live indefinitely. He has to be revived by the Dragon Balls, which take time to gather and there is a time limit on them. Once used, there's a certain length where they cannot be used again.

Superman, as has been shown against multiple opponents, gets scratched, beaten, and bloodied by a multiple of opponents. Doomsday is a notable one, as is Darkseid, among others. He is strong, very strong, but he is not impervious to all damage.

I believe Goku would win. Super Saiyan God is a power on a different level entirely from even Super Saiyan 3, and he learns to use the form's energy even while not in the form, allowing to fight said God of Destruction. Superman is powerful, but he is, by no means, as all powerful as he seems to be.

I think both are powerful, very powerful. It'd be cool as hell to see a no-holds barred battle between the two. In the end, I think Goku would win - his powers are better established and they don't change merely upon the whims of the writer of the story (which, to be honest, is the biggest problem I have with Superman).

It's an age old question: Who would win between a man who has no limits and a man who constantly overcomes his own?

10+ Year Old Account

Only thing that can beat Goku..... except bills, Whis, maybe Frieza (in the new movie)
    And thats not even.... his final form...lel

Oh and did I bring up how I have a thread dedicated to DBZ...... and im saying that Gurren lagann could beat Goku.

These types of threads are the bees knees. Nothing like people getting worked up over a " who wins " about cartoons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    The hulk. He survives the heat death of the universe, remaining the only living being for the rest of eternity.
    We don't bring the Hulk into things like this, it's just unfair.

"Hey, remember that time Thanos had the infinity gauntlet, and he could unmake basically the universe, and he was STILL afraid of the Hulk?"

Yeaaaaaahhh.

On another topic of remember things, remember when Goku needed to have his son kill Cell because he was too weak too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I know two things about Goku. 1, he can't stay in Super Sayan for very long, and 2, that mother fucker can't breathe in outer space. Supe just waits out the SS, then drags his ass to space and watches him suffocate. Or throws him into the sun.

This isn't even taking any of their "universe" or super powers or any backstory into account. Goku can live indefinitely, he just has to run down that damned path to come back or something. Superman, as far as comics and movies go, can really only be even SCRATCHED when kryptonite is around. But putting both of them in our universe and letting them fight, like I said before, Supe would win simply by taking Goku off the planet.

Neither of those things are true.

First, he achieved the ability to stay in his Super Saiyan state indefinitely before the androids even showed up. Meaning, he's been able to do that for a very long time. If you're talking about SSJ3 then sure.

Second, as of the latest movie, he's literally a God now. He was powerful enough to blow up the entire universe singlehandedly several times over before, now his power increased exponentially and he became a God. He also fights in space during said movie, so he can definitely breathe in space.

Goku wasn't immortal before, but probably is now. That "running down the path thing" doesn't bring him back to life, thats where he goes when he dies to go to the afterlife. Has nothing to do with him coming back to life, that was being done by the dragon balls and people using them to wish him back to life.

As far as taking Goku off the planet, that would do literally nothing. Superman can fly him out to space, Goku can teleport him to the other end of the universe and teleport back before he's even aware of what's happened. Also, yes Superman is very hard to hurt. However, he usually doesn't fight opponents able vaporize planets singlehandedly and the ones he does fight, can actually hurt him. Take Darkseid for example. In terms of raw power he's probably the closest thing to Superman's equal and he's able to physically injure superman both with brute force and with his Omega Beams. Are you really going to say that he can be hurt by Omega Beams but someone who's capable of destroying an entire planet just by powering up couldn't kill him with an actual energy attack?

I mean the entire argument is kind of dumb anyway, because there's so many versions of Superman that vary so greatly in power anyway, just like many super heroes. In some incarnations, Iron Man can fight the Hulk. In others, he's one of the most powerful beings in the universe. Comics are completely inconsistent because they have so many different writers who go in so many different directions, not to mention the huge plethora of alternate universes. I have to say though, the most common versions of Superman that we see would be absolutely no match for Goku, but the most powerful versions of Superman would probably be impervious to anything he could do anyway, because they're basically omnipotent.

10+ Year Old Account
    That movie was terrible, I hate how the writer can't put vegeta up against any strong opponents anymore without him acting like the biggest pussy in the universe.. what happened to the prince of saiyans srsly.

Goku didn't seem that much more powerful, the fights were even less climactic than anything we've seen in DBZ so far, but if you really wanna talk about who would win in a fight it depends on which version of both heroes we're talking about.

Superman Prime is basically a literal god, and from the last we've seen of Goku he was not yet near the level of the god of destruction w/e his faggot ass name is so he's nowhere near superman at his strongest.

If we put them each at similar power levels though it would be more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    I disagree.

While Goku cannot stay in the SSJ form indefinitely (whilst fighting), it's shown that he can breathe in space. He does so whilst fighting Beerus, the God of Destruction. His SSJ form is very long lasting as well - it takes a lot to either knock him out (returning him to his base form) or expend all that energy.

Goku also cannot live indefinitely. He has to be revived by the Dragon Balls, which take time to gather and there is a time limit on them. Once used, there's a certain length where they cannot be used again.

Superman, as has been shown against multiple opponents, gets scratched, beaten, and bloodied by a multiple of opponents. Doomsday is a notable one, as is Darkseid, among others. He is strong, very strong, but he is not impervious to all damage.

I believe Goku would win. Super Saiyan God is a power on a different level entirely from even Super Saiyan 3, and he learns to use the form's energy even while not in the form, allowing to fight said God of Destruction. Superman is powerful, but he is, by no means, as all powerful as he seems to be.

I think both are powerful, very powerful. It'd be cool as hell to see a no-holds barred battle between the two. In the end, I think Goku would win - his powers are better established and they don't change merely upon the whims of the writer of the story (which, to be honest, is the biggest problem I have with Superman).

It's an age old question: Who would win between a man who has no limits and a man who constantly overcomes his own?
    which sounds a whole lot like who would win a battle between an unstoppable force and an immovable object...which superman answered by stating: They Compromise.

10+ Year Old Account
    nobody has ever convinced me it could ever be superman, ever. goku wins any time anywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    nobody has ever convinced me it could ever be superman, ever. goku wins any time anywhere.
    Thats because you never heard of supermans sword and we all know swords > fists.

I'm pretty sure Goku will be the winner

Ahh, this thread again.

Which character wins depend on which version you use. I'm willing to bet though, that I know more about Superman than anyone else on mmo-champion.

The issue, and the reason why so many people will state without a doubt that one wins over the other is that both of these motherfuckers are inconsistent as hell. Well, that's not quite correct; Goku is actually fairly consistent, but he appears inconsistent to those that don't apply heavy amounts of critical thinking to how his powers work.

Superman is a much bigger problem to tackle. Not only are there like a million versions of him, but sometimes his powers change if the same version has a different writer. The most powerful version of Superman is without a doubt Pre 52 post Mongul training Superman from the late 90s and early 2000s. No, Pre Crisis Superman is not the most powerful version. Pre Crisis Supes was a character that one issue would have the strength to drag 13 planets, and next issue would get his ass beat by a comparatively mundane threat like giant ants.

To kind of illustrate what I'm talking about, here's some videos. One of those is Justice League: The Animated Series, and the other is a movie called Justice League: War. In one, Superman gets KO'd by an electrified manhole cover, and in the other one, well, he's kind of unstoppable.

http://youtu.be/mAaV6iTMbLE?t=35m50s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkFzXkpjXmM

Goku is a problem because DBZ fans can't even agree if there are multiple versions of the Goku. Ask 10 different DBZ fans what's canon and what's not and you'll get 10 different absolute truths as answers. I think the most ridiculous things stated and shown for Goku are a little more ridiculous than the most ridiculous things stated and shown for Superman.

For the record: I think SS4 Goku is stronger than SSG Goku. Superman Prime isn't all he's cracked up to be either. Honestly though, I'm not sure which Superman Prime people in this thread are talking about when they say he's the bestest evar.

Superman Prime One Million

Superman Prime from Earth Prime

The Superman from Earth Prime was pretty badass, but he wasn't that strong compared to main universe Superman just before New 52. Superman Prime from the DC One Million storyline is not only non-canon, but we don't actually know if he's strong or if he just looks cool, because he doesn't really fight anything noteworthy because that entire story arc isn't about fighting, and his powers are mostly unknown aside from a couple lines of dialogue here and there; most of it is fan speculation and even most comic book fans dismiss this version out of hand due to lack of information.

The fact is; based on what we see in GT, Omega Shenron can destroy the universe straight up. Goku ultimately beats Omega Shenron and while SS4 Goku was outclassed in power, the fact that he could even stand up to a being like that is impressive in its own right. If you want to try and use math to figure out Goku's maximum power, good luck. I've been barking up that tree for years and while it's a lot of fun to do and you can get a working hypothesis if you put enough work in it's not possible to get things perfectly down to a provable theory because there's just not enough data about how Goku's power actually functions. If you do work out the math, shit gets utterly ridiculous really quickly. See my signature for a general idea of how that goes.

In closing, I think the evidence supports Goku winning, but to ever get an answer that would satisfy the more nitpicky fans, you'd need to get Akira Toriyama and a bunch of DC writers to have a serious discussion about this, and hell will freeze over before that happens.

PS: Death Battle sucks, and most of their information about Goku and Superman is flat out wrong. There are numerous rebuttals of their video posted on Screwattack.com as well as various comic and anime fan sites.

PPS: I got over 200 dollars of Superman comics for Christmas, FUCK YEAH!
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2014-12-25 at 01:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well:

There is like 100 videos of that.
    for some reason, I thought about this when I saw the title.

Frankly, the truth is Mary Sue VS Mary Sue who wins? Winner will always be

Deleted
    superman ofc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    which sounds a whole lot like who would win a battle between an unstoppable force and an immovable object...which superman answered by stating: They Compromise.
    And Superman being a genius he is... is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Superman is fast enough to fly round the earth and punch himself in the back of the head, hard to fight someone like that.
    Thats impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thats impossible.
    Sit back and think about this logically. The Debate is Superman vs Goku. Both are heroes from another planet raised as a Human, who finds out his cosmic power and can fly, change history, face Gods, and use energy as an attack. During their Adventures they have Defeated the most powerful beings in their collective universes. Both can fly faster than the Speed of light.

The concept of impossible was tossed out years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jareq View Post
    And Superman being a genius he is... is wrong.
    I... think you just proved Superman's point for him. Wouldn't physical objects passing through each other be a compromise of some kind?

If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

All credits go to Laurcus who, if he were in this thread, would probably school all your asses on SG vs Superman.

SG wins hands down

Edit: Wow, and just as I write this reply, I see his name one post above mine. I need to keep on reading threads fully before I post

Deleted
    Goku of course

10+ Year Old Account
    A few things everyone forgets about Marty Stu vs Marty Stu, depends on who is writing the story, and the motivation of the fight.

In their respective positions both are good aligned heroes who only go full power against evil beings.

So if the story was Superman turned evil ie "Injustice: Gods Among Us", Goku would then be facing an Evil Superman, which of coarse he would defeat, however on the flip-side if for any reason Goku turned Evil then a Good Aligned Superman would defeat Goku.

You see in the end each character can be written ungodly powerful at a moments notice, and because they are both loved do no evil Mary Sues, they can't loose no matter what you have seen in a show or comic book, the writers are always going to pull one out of their @**.

to the DBZ fans, get over your selves DBZ, DBGT, and all other continued stories are poorly written and just pathetic. The only good Dragonball was the Original show, which was based on actual mythology.

to all the DC fanbois, get over yourselves, Superman has always been over the top, and is rarely handled correctly, if you want a well written DC hero read Batman related material.

Basically they both &**# monkey @$$&.

Thank you for your time.