Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Control Warriors kinda OP At the moment...

For the last 2 expansions blizzard has been giving gontrol warriors some cards that have ludicrous value and synergy, they are more numerous now than zoolocks and rush hunters seriously.

You see them at every tournament and every decent (and non-decent, if that exist, seriously, even if you are rank 25, its not shameful) rank, its just not funny when they delay you the whole game then drop Swagnaros, Alexstrasza, Sylvanas, Loatheb, Geddon, and 5 other legendaries depending on what they fancy.
    Last edited by mmoc7f96ea22f7; 2014-12-24 at 11:52 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was watching kripp doing pretty well against control wars/locks with mill druid. I don't know if you have cards but maybe give that a shot.
    https://twitter.com/Kripparrian/stat...26865720639488
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, People just play alot of no skilled zoo/rush decks atm.
    To counter that, play Control Warrior.
    And even than it's still hard to win every time because with GvG, people can get like 30 damage on board before turn 5.

Control Warriors i think got least new interesting cards we can use from GvG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't run everything you have right into the maw of Brawl.

If you have a couple things on board going into turn 5, STOP. Whittle at him until he plays minions. Counter-control him as much as you can and if he has nothing on deck for the love of God don't keep throwing down. Hold removal for Rag and Grom, and any healing until Alex. If you're facing a LOT of warriors, add weapon removal to prevent a 2nd-swing-Deaths-Bite-into-Grom wombo combo.

I rarely totem when against a control warrior if I have board presence. A lot of shamen and pallies will blindly hero power if they have spare mana - all that does is increase the chance you'll be left with shit after the inevitable Brawl.

This deck is probably the toughest match-up for mine after Priests. However, playing with specific strategy in mind makes it very winnable.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2014-12-25 at 01:56 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    I thought Rush and Zoo were OP? Or priests? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Whatever a player is beaten with, must be OP.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

My main problem with control warriors is that death's bite and Ragnaros is retarded. Ragnaros is actually retarded in any way, I don't know how come Blizzard hasn't nerfed Swagnaros yet, it is in EVERY top competitive deck, even a rogue won the champioship using it.

Everything is turning up OP!

It's what happens when it's completely random who you go up against, if you keep ending up against a deck that perfectly counters you, it's going to seem OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    My main problem with control warriors is that death's bite and Ragnaros is retarded. Ragnaros is actually retarded in any way, I don't know how come Blizzard hasn't nerfed Swagnaros yet, it is in EVERY top competitive deck, even a rogue won the champioship using it.
    I agree Ragnaros is very good either way, but he only feels overpowered when he hits the intended target, it can swing a game easily. I don't play him in any of my control decks, but It's because I can never rely on him. I have terrible RNG luck and I am one of the poor bastards whose Ragnaros NEVER hits the intended target while other people's Ragnaros ALWAYS hit their intended target.

I've had Ragnaros hit face countless times when there was 2,3,4,5,6 or 7 enemy minions on the field. I've actually considered placing him in some king of aggro deck because my Ragnaros hits face at least 80% of the time. As long as my Ragnaros RNG continues like this I will never play him.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2014-12-25 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Its a solid card but it is FAR FAR FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR from being op.

With all the deathrattle out there his power is far from what it used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Its a solid card but it is FAR FAR FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR from being op.

With all the deathrattle out there his power is far from what it used to be.
    This, not a fan of hitting a nerubian egg or sylvanas. It's also not a great card against handlock because you can push their hp into molten giant range before you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    This, not a fan of hitting a nerubian egg or sylvanas. It's also not a great card against handlock because you can push their hp into molten giant range before you want to.
    Honestly I think the biggest thing Rag accomplishes is making them focus him, not the 8 damage he can do. Of course he's targeted because of the 8 damage, but chances are they'll blow stuff to try to remove him the turn after you drop him, which you could use to drop other cards after more safely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Everything is turning up OP!

It's what happens when it's completely random who you go up against, if you keep ending up against a deck that perfectly counters you, it's going to seem OP.
    Magma Rager OP!
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

Deleted
    Nerf Paper, Scissors are Fine.

- Rock.

When a control warrior has a very slow start against a zoo he's pretty much guaranteed dead. Even they have to be somewhat lucky with opening hands, having a Fiery War Axe can change the game significally if they have it.

If everything is OP, then nothing is OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Lol, People just play alot of no skilled zoo/rush decks atm.
    To counter that, play Control Warrior.
    And even than it's still hard to win every time because with GvG, people can get like 30 damage on board before turn 5.

Control Warriors i think got least new interesting cards we can use from GvG.
    Despite the ninety seconds it takes for them to equip that fiery war axe on turn 2 to kill that Undertaker, or the coma-inducing wait it takes for them to realize that Armour Up will give them enough armour to Shield Slam that annoying minion of yours, the deck itself hardly takes more "skill" than Zoo to play. In fact, one of the reasons I hate Control Warriors so much is the sheer predictability of most of their plays; turn 2 FWA or Armorsmith, turn 3 AoP, turn 4 Death's Bite into a turn 5 Sludge Belcher or Loatheb. Using shitloads of removal does not automatically equate to skill.
    I'm not denying that the deck has some synergies to consider, but the same can be said for most decks including Zoo. And I'm seeing a lot of Control Warriors making bad plays recently, using Executes on one health minions like they have a deck full of them to spare or that guy last night who dropped Acolyte against me with nine cards in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Despite the ninety seconds it takes for them to equip that fiery war axe on turn 2 to kill that Undertaker, or the coma-inducing wait it takes for them to realize that Armour Up will give them enough armour to Shield Slam that annoying minion of yours, the deck itself hardly takes more "skill" than Zoo to play. In fact, one of the reasons I hate Control Warriors so much is the sheer predictability of most of their plays; turn 2 FWA or Armorsmith, turn 3 AoP, turn 4 Death's Bite into a turn 5 Sludge Belcher or Loatheb. Using shitloads of removal does not automatically equate to skill.
    I'm not denying that the deck has some synergies to consider, but the same can be said for most decks including Zoo. And I'm seeing a lot of Control Warriors making bad plays recently, using Executes on one health minions like they have a deck full of them to spare or that guy last night who dropped Acolyte against me with nine cards in hand.
    lol wut?

I think someone has been beaten by control warriors too much and is a bit upset about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    lol wut?

I think someone has been beaten by control warriors too much and is a bit upset about it.
    Not really. There's a lot of bad control warriors out there who are easy wins. In fact the only golden hero I have is warrior which I got playing a lot of control pre-Naxx. I just dispute the fact that because a deck has a lot of removal that it takes more skill to play than zoo decks. Using your hero power to stack armor to gain more effective health and to proc removal cards in order to drag a game out until you can play big legendary cards is no more or less skilled than using your hero power to draw an extra card which you can play that same round to achieve a tempo swing and hopefully win the game before you run out of steam. Almost all of the netdecked sets in HS are played at the same level of skill. I see just as many bad control warriors as I do bad zoolocks. But if you want to believe control warrior takes a noticeable level of skill above zoo decks then go ahead, it's just going to be a thing we disagree on.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    Magma Rager OP!
    What, I can swap it to be a 1/5 and give it taunt and divine shield and other garbage? OP! OP! OPPPPPPPPP!!!

I don't think I've ever seen anyone use Magma rager though for good reasons.