Another Hance asking for DPS Help!

Hey all,

I did seriously bad dps last night on Butcher and really need to get this up. Was hoping one of you guys would take a look at the log and tell me why I struggled.

Was running AM/FE/LM - Gear is better now as I was ULTRA lucky on coins. Was exactly 650 at pull and about 1200 haste

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have stayed right around 20k for 2 weeks now...Considering going back to AS/UF/LM

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=15

Thanks!

I think a lot of it is coming from your opening. You're not opening with ascendance until 6 seconds into the fight, which is going to bring your burst down a lot.

EM/PE/LM isn't a bad talent set up, assuming thats what you meant, but for butcher I believe AS/UF/LM or even AS/UF/SET are simming higher depending on your gear. I'd try simming out your talents and see what works best for however long it takes your guild to kill the boss.

as far as your opener goes, try this.

2s: Wolves
    1s: Unleash Elements
    Pull: EM+FeT+Liquid Magma
    FS before reaching boss

upon reaching the boss

Stormstrike(for stromstrike debuff on target)
    Ascendance
    Windstrike
    Lava Lash
    Lightning Bolt(if you have 4+stacks)
    Windstrike
    Unleash Elements
    Flame Shock
    Lightning Bolt(4+stacks)
    Windstrike

You really need to sim it but AS has been weaker than EM for me and SET has been weaker than LM for me. This has been true since around 670 ilvl.

You also have to accept that we are one of the weakest butcher specs per warcraftlogs. I did slightly better dps on my pally that was 6-7ilvls behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    You really need to sim it but AS has been weaker than EM for me and SET has been weaker than LM for me. This has been true since around 670 ilvl.

You also have to accept that we are one of the weakest butcher specs per warcraftlogs. I did slightly better dps on my pally that was 6-7ilvls behind.
    I could see this being the case as you've got the double sided coin, though i'm not sure if it'd still be worth using without it. EM of AS that is, and as for SET it is indeed weaker but over a 240s encounter I could see it being viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymau5 View Post
    I could see this being the case as you've got the double sided coin, though i'm not sure if it'd still be worth using without it. EM of AS that is, and as for SET it is indeed weaker but over a 240s encounter I could see it being viable.
    I'm 662 (no coin) and for me AS is quite a bit ahead of EM for butcher-like fights. SET is worse than LM in almost every imaginable scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com