Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is WoD LFR really "THAT" dirt simple?

I was listening to one of the main WoW podcasts, and the host and guests were saying that LFR is beyond stupidly easy.... that healers almost didn't have to heal, and that nobody died... in fact, the host said he saw one character running into walls for the entire LFR boss fights, and it just didn't matter.

I never even did LFR ever before because I played on a laptop, and it just could not keep up.... but now I have a very nice desktop, and want to start with LFR.... but not having any LFR experience, I am kind of apprehensive.

I did do ( 2 ) 5 main dungeons so far. It went OK, I guess.... I died 2x from being blown of the top in skyreach, and then I realized I was not fighting the wind the way I should have.... ( I didn't see how the others did it, or I would have followed them ). And I died once on the one with the train on the end boss. But our tank was from my guild, and he was already geared for heroics, so I likely may have died more often.

Right now at least half the players in LFR are normal+ geared, AND the difficulty and outgoing damage is extremely low.

It's a pretty sad place to visit.

As long as you stand with your respective group - if you're a melee, stand on top of a melee that seems to know what he's doing, and if you're a ranged, follow a healer - it really is that easy. The only fight that's a little hard is tectus because people like to drop mountains in the middle of the room and it splits the raid but like I said, just follow someone that seems to know whats up and you're fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

You're talking about LFD (dungeons). LFR is the raid. We had someone solo-heal Brackenspore because well... there's no damage.

So, you would rather go back to getting 10 stacks of determination each boss? Waste a whole night in LFR?

Right now LFR is exactly where it should be, a simple place for simple people. If you want a challenge there's 3 other difficulties for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, LFR is that easy. Stand still, hit some buttons, have a chance at some crappy loots.
    YAY!

Deleted
    Yes.

I would write a longer response, but the point remains the same - Yes.

LFR is finally what it was supposed to be.

Tourist mode for people who didn't get to see actual raiding and missed out on the instances/bosses/lore. That was the original intention

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes - there's very little that can kill you in Highmaul LFR currently. The mechanics are much more forgiving than most heroic mechanics are.

Thanks to Visenna for the signature.

Deleted
    If you're apprehensive then watch some Youtube guides for the normal/heroic mode fights, or at least read the dungeon journal. Not that it's needed for LFR, but it could help calm your nerves about it if at least you know what to expect from the fights (so you shouldn't die to avoidable mechanics like you did in 5mans). That said, the LFR fights are unrecognisable compared to even normal mode, they are literally training dummies that do voice emotes and put fire on the ground. It won't matter to the success of the group if you're even at your keyboard never mind know what's going on!

First wing is pretty faceroll.

Second wing is easy, but not like the first wing. I could see groups wiping on the second wing if they get too relaxed.

Having done it as a tank, yes its ''THAT'' dirt simple, I didn't even look up at tacs and just pulled the boss and waited whenever the other tank feels like taunting over. I hardly took much damage either, no wonder the healers are so bored. Maybe Blackrock Foundary on LFR will be more difficult and unforgiving but I doubt it.

From what I have seen it seems to be that easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DFu4ever View Post
    First wing is pretty faceroll.

Second wing is easy, but not like the first wing. I could see groups wiping on the second wing if they get too relaxed.
    Trash leading to tectus is the hardest part. I ended up solo healing Twins after the healers died...we killed em with the highest dps at 12k

Yes it is. It's perfect like this, faceroll pugging. If you want more challenge there are other options. Now that said, there's really not much reason to go there atm even as a casual because the rewards are so crap as a result of the "diffuculty".

Deleted
    its worth going each week for a few extra abragator stones id say, but not anything else

Deleted
    You can afk it and be done in 20 minutes. I got locked out on a boss due to eating a food buff, half the raid died, and the "boss" still went down.

Rip lfr. Curse you blizzard
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

It's not QUITE as easy as the podcast makes it out to be--or maybe it's better stated that you can still get a group that struggles--but for the most part, yes, it is easy. There are very few mechanics that are unforgiving. If you can master "don't stand in stuff" you're pretty much clear through the first two LFR wings. The final boss of wing 2 offers a few surprises for healers in terms of what to dispel and not to dispel, but for the most part it will be maybe one wipe, some angry person screaming in raid chat and then everybody will be back on track.

Between two toons, I've done wing 1 LFR five times -- all were one-shots on all bosses. I've done wing 2 twice. Both times were one-shots on Twins and Tectus. The first group wiped 3 times on Ko'ragh, the second was a one-shot. So it's not quite "do anything and win," but it's not far off either.

Yes; It's very hard to wipe in LFR.

I had a Death Knight trying to dps brackenspore with the flamethrower last raid, fucking hell.