Thread: Doing it wrong

Deleted

Doing it wrong

Hey guys,

this might have been subject already in the theorycrafting thread but now direct and short:

I'd like to go for Crit as main secondary stat on my SV Hunter instead of Multistrike. So lets say i go crit cap first and then multistrike, do you think i am going to lose a relevant amount of DPS in a "typical" WOD Boss encounter? Please avoid answers like "Blizzard wanted SV to be MS, so swallow it bitch!" Thanks

Deleted
    the real question is why?

there is no good reason at all to do this; even vers is a more valuable stat than crit for SV

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    let's have a look at highmaul loot table for mail agi

http://i.imgur.com/FsQPOxS.jpg

do you see a common feature? there is like crit and haste on almost every single piece.
    how do one go and optimize a survival spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    how do one go and optimize a survival spec?
    You get as much Agility and Multistrike as you can?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    You get as much Agility and Multistrike as you can?
    well duh

what i mean, the current itemization screams marksman, there is no real choice, higher ilevel is almost always the right chose. and in this expansion, we don' have gemming and reforge to offset it.

Why did they remove reforge already?

Just because the current itemization has better stats for Marksman, it does not make Marksmanship default choice or something, that's stupid.

Besides, the guy is asking about Survival and how he can be worse at it than he should.

I don't understand why? Multistrike is the best stat for SV simple as that. Stacking crit instead if 100% a DPS loss. By how much? Not sure but it's enough that you absolutely wanna be using multistrike. Just because Highmaul loot has a lot of loot unoptimized for both MM and SV (IE our BiS helm and shoulders have haste/mastery and crit/haste respectively) doesn't mean you should just run a completely different stat because there's MORE of it or something. Are you trying to say you already went full crit enchants as MM and want to switch to survival and can't afford Multistrike or simply don't want to switch all enchants/gems? I mean it's cheap as fuck to get full shitty gems/enchants (hell I still run these and am in a mythic progression guild) so there's really no excuse of being "too poor".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argotar View Post
    I don't understand why? Multistrike is the best stat for SV simple as that. Stacking crit instead if 100% a DPS loss. By how much? Not sure but it's enough that you absolutely wanna be using multistrike. Just because Highmaul loot has a lot of loot unoptimized for both MM and SV (IE our BiS helm and shoulders have haste/mastery and crit/haste respectively) doesn't mean you should just run a completely different stat because there's MORE of it or something. Are you trying to say you already went full crit enchants as MM and want to switch to survival and can't afford Multistrike or simply don't want to switch all enchants/gems? I mean it's cheap as fuck to get full shitty gems/enchants (hell I still run these and am in a mythic progression guild) so there's really no excuse of being "too poor".
    And? Not having full BiS is also a dps loss. You work with what you have. People are waaay too caught up in their gear nowadays. In MoP, we had pure dps classes trying to roll offspec on upgrades that they would be using for upgrades because it had crit instead of haste on it. Regardless of the main stat increase. And this is the mentality now. Primary stats are worth almost double of the highest secondary now for most classes. And there aren't massive losses between the lower secondaries either. But people put blinders on and only want to see their best stat. They may not even use the best flask. But they want that best piece of gear.

If you're a good player, you'll make work what you have. The 75 dps loss from a piece isn't going to send your dps into the gutter.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    And? Not having full BiS is also a dps loss. You work with what you have. People are waaay too caught up in their gear nowadays. In MoP, we had pure dps classes trying to roll offspec on upgrades that they would be using for upgrades because it had crit instead of haste on it. Regardless of the main stat increase. And this is the mentality now. Primary stats are worth almost double of the highest secondary now for most classes. And there aren't massive losses between the lower secondaries either. But people put blinders on and only want to see their best stat. They may not even use the best flask. But they want that best piece of gear.

If you're a good player, you'll make work what you have. The 75 dps loss from a piece isn't going to send your dps into the gutter.
    Yes, you work with what you have. You got Multistrike gems and enchants, so why in the fuck would you go for Crit ones instead?

Not sure what the issue is.

There is no opinion about it. It's all facts. You want max DPS. You want to get gear that is an upgrade over your current gear. Occasionally, a slightly lower ilvl piece will bring more dps because it has better secondary stats. That's why you use stat weights to figure out what item is an upgrade.

Just because you have more crit doesn't change the fact that crit brings you less dps than multistrike.

After typing all this I feel like we're getting trolled.