Shadowburn vs Enhanced Kill Shot

In encounters where you're looking to cleave off adds (primarily for ember generation) and you're in a raid with 2 or 3 Hunter's sporting the 35% executable enhanced kill shot, it can present a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Korbynn View Post
    In encounters where you're looking to cleave off adds (primarily for ember generation) and you're in a raid with 2 or 3 Hunter's sporting the 35% executable enhanced kill shot, it can present a problem.
    C'est la vie

Look on the bright side. Kill shot has a cd.

shadowburn dont have a travel time, kill shot does

Enter Glyph of Kill Shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowburn > Killshot easily due to not having travel time, which is huge in this case. The fact that you can use Killshot earlier is hardly relevant, because it alone won't kill a 20% add, really anyway and you will be able to sneak a Shadowburn in between GCDs.

It's relevant, alright.

Like I said, if you have 2 or more Hunter's in your raid.

Health pools on adds (of course) are variables to consider, as are the number of Hunters's, but to say you can sneak a shadowburn in between GCD's, doesn't always work that way. This is why I said in my original post that it can present a problem.

So, it's not a perfect world for any class (except the FOTM) and you learn to make the best with what you've got to work with, but little things (like these competing executable's) are note worthy. For Locks it's about crucial resource building, and if it's suppressed, it's the difference between staying in the groove of your optimal, or missing the beat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardly... If anything, I'd be more concerned about warlocks messing with other warlocks of anything. Killshot is nowhere near that level of killstealing.

If anything we mess with Killshot, since often hunter uses it and we roflinstantburst add with Shadowburn resulting in 0 damage for them.

Or Soul Reaper for DK even worse.

In short that's life, be quick, we have all the tools for it with instant cast instant hit ranged spell.

to be fair I don't mind killshot. It's Touch of Death that poses a problem for me. I had to tell our healer to stop using it on adds so me and the GM (other lock) can gain embers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah that one blows...

Set up Havoc, mouth juices up as you already savour dat cleave... Monk: "lawll touch of deffff *splat*... Me: *sadface*

May the best execute whore win!

I don't think people are understanding the OPs point. Kill shot usable @ 35% which hits significantly harder than any other execute just kills the target outright (especially when they can use 2 of them). It doesn't matter how you look at it, if an execute hits for 70k on a target at 35% hp which has 55k hp left you aren't going to get a shadowburn on it regardless of travel time as it never reaches 20%. That being said I don't see it as a real issue as only 1 of the 3 specs has EKS and ToD is far more annoying in my opinion.