Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tier 17 SV bonuses underwhelming..?

2 PC: When you cast Black Arrow, you automatically trigger Lock and Load.

4 PC: When you hit a target with Explosive Shot, your multistrike damage is increased by 15% for 3 sec.

What a let down.

You're joking, right?

Not at all joking. The 4 piece is pretty much just a stat boost.

4 piece on it's own is lackluster, sure, but combine that with 2 piece and that sounds pretty damn good to me. Two piece is definitely the more 'exciting' bonus. Suppose 4 piece might be better when we actually have gear that has MS on it.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2014-12-25 at 05:51 AM.

The 2 piece is very intriguing to me though, I wish to test if since it automatically procs LnL does that bonus count against the guarenteed 1 LnL safety proc your guaranteed in the black arrow. IE does Black arrow now guarantee 2 LnL procs or just one but its more controlled.

4 piece is boring in that it doesn't give you anything that changes play style, but it is really good as far as a damage boost. I will certainly be hoping to get 4 piece as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    4 piece is boring in that it doesn't give you anything that changes play style, but it is really good as far as a damage boost. I will certainly be hoping to get 4 piece as soon as possible.
    very true, on it does not mix it up but that damage boost seems pretty good since the up time should be higher than 50%. I know I am excited for 2 piece though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post

4 PC: When you hit a target with Explosive Shot, your multistrike damage is increased by 15% for 3 sec.

What a let down.
    not really sure what you find to be the let down exactly... they always do the kinda lame, boring set bonuses at the beginning of the expansion, and add the really fun or interesting ones at the end of the expansion.

soooo, working as intended?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    The 2 piece is very intriguing to me though, I wish to test if since it automatically procs LnL does that bonus count against the guarenteed 1 LnL safety proc your guaranteed in the black arrow. IE does Black arrow now guarantee 2 LnL procs or just one but its more controlled.
    That's my main question too, I'm hoping it gives 2 guaranteed. Would be fancy~ And makes there be less difference between bad rng and good rng.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post

What a let down.
    Explosive shot has a 6 seconds CD, so using on CD (as we should) guaranty a 50% uptime du buff multistrike.
    if you factor in the LnL proc, you should be closer to 75-80% up time of the buff.
    And who knows, maybe theorycrafter will find haste be a good stats to maintain that buff (haste reduce cooldown right?)

yes it's a passive, but it's almost always a passive no?

it's either a free shot, a focus refund, a crit or AP buff. my memory fails me, i don't recall a bonus that actively enter my rotation, help on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Explosive shot has a 6 seconds CD, so using on CD (as we should) guaranty a 50% uptime du buff multistrike.
    if you factor in the LnL proc, you should be closer to 75-80% up time of the buff.
    And who knows, maybe theorycrafter will find haste be a good stats to maintain that buff (haste reduce cooldown right?)

yes it's a passive, but it's almost always a passive no?

it's either a free shot, a focus refund, a crit or AP buff. my memory fails me, i don't recall a bonus that actively enter my rotation, help on this one.
    T13 2pc changed your rotation
    t11 4pc after the change sorta did too

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    the text on black arrow is

Your Black Arrow periodic damage has a 20% chance to trigger Lock and Load, causing your next two Explosive Shots to cost no Focus and trigger no cooldown.

so yeah, the additional proc should not influence the traditional proc from the dot.

one question remain though

if you cast 2 explosive shot in a raw. Are you loosing multrike buff uptime or it stack upon itself to increase the duration (like the explosive shot debuff does)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    T13 2pc changed your rotation
    t11 4pc after the change sorta did too
    some extra focus or reduce cast time on shot, honestly, it likely impact the rotation, by giving you more focus to work with. here the 2p will change your rotation. The 4p might have unforseen consequences. A multistrike proc on a cobra shot will give you extra focus to work with, which might impact your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    the text on black arrow is

Your Black Arrow periodic damage has a 20% chance to trigger Lock and Load, causing your next two Explosive Shots to cost no Focus and trigger no cooldown.

so yeah, the additional proc should not influence the traditional proc from the dot.

one question remain though

if you cast 2 explosive shot in a raw. Are you loosing multrike buff uptime or it stack upon itself to increase the duration (like the explosive shot debuff does)?

- - - Updated - - -

some extra focus or reduce cast time on shot, honestly, it likely impact the rotation, by giving you more focus to work with. here the 2p will change your rotation. The 4p might have unforseen consequences. A multistrike proc on a cobra shot will give you extra focus to work with, which might impact your rotation.
    its not the tradional proc that worries me. If you have bad RNG you are guaranteed LnL to proc on the last tick of BA. However would this guarantee still be there if you proc LnL on the cast (my assumption is it still will be because its not on damage, but at the same time I am not going to be surprised if it counts as the guaranteed one)
    Last edited by jpthepope; 2014-12-25 at 01:12 PM. Reason: words are hard :P

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    2 piece looks good however I fail to see the 4 piece bonus having much if any impact at all, with Hunters slow attack speeds and multistrikes extremely low proc rate you will virtually never make use of that multistrike damage increase in that time frame.

From what I remember in the beta discussions the 4p bonus was stacking. So if you would have an opener that is like ES, BA and then 3xES you would have 12 seconds of the buff. I imagine it is possible to have 100% uptime on the buff. Unless it was changed since beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    multistrikes extremely low proc rate
    Except that almost every piece of gear from blackrock foundry has multistrike on it, allowing us to gain massive amounts of it (just slightly below 3k with BiS gear) with is roughly 45%. So no multistrike doesn't have a low proc rate, and the 4p seems to be a pretty large damage increase to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jep3 View Post
    Except that almost every piece of gear from blackrock foundry has multistrike on it, allowing us to gain massive amounts of it (just slightly below 3k with BiS gear) with is roughly 45%. So no multistrike doesn't have a low proc rate, and the 4p seems to be a pretty large damage increase to me.
    Also, MS has a chance to proc twice for each hit, so with 25% MS on average you have 1 MS every second hit.

The 1st tier bonuses of any xpac are always pretty basic and dull. They normally get more interesting as the xpac goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    The 1st tier bonuses of any xpac are always pretty basic and dull. They normally get more interesting as the xpac goes on.
    Pretty much this, it's a common occurrence and a way blizzard keeps people engaged looking for new, cooler sets instead of getting too attached to the old ones. They'll also nerf/change old ones if they end up being too powerful. They do sometimes drop the ball (like the throne of thunder set that had 2 utterly passive procs, one largely unnoticeable and one completely unnoticeable), but especially if this is going to be a 2-tier expansion it's safe to expect the next set to be more exciting.

That said, I'm not too disappointed this time around in any case. I think each spec has at least 1 reasonably interesting/engaging set bonus out of 2, which is fine.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Approximately. Lnl gets triggered immediately (which isn't so much a proc) before the first tick, and then you get the normal 1 guaranteed proc chance for BA.

The way procs are computed for BA is not what you might expect. It's not actually 20% chance each tick. It first computes the number of procs, then randomly distributes them across the ticks of BA. More specifically, start with the guaranteed proc, then roll the 20% proc chance until it fails (or you run out of ticks), adding a proc for each success. Then randomly distribute those across the ticks. This averages to 1.25 Lnl procs per BA. You will occasionally lose some Lnl stacks if you get two procs in a row because you can't spend them fast enough.