Clique/Healbot/Grid for Mistweavers?

Is anybody using these "click to heal" addons? And do you enjoy them? I love the pick a target and heal system I have going for me. But at the same times some of my crucial moves I have to click on because i don't have any more binds to push on my keyboard. My HPS is fine(or at least I feel like i'm doing good). Over the years I've heard a lot of good things about those addons. Most healers tell me they are basically a requirement for healers. That being said do any of you fellow Mistweavers use it? If so how is your set up?

Deleted
    I just use mouse over macros which are essentially the same thing really. You save a considerable amount of time in using them as you bypass the amount of time required to target someone for any heal over the course of a fight. I use these macros for just about every single heal you have in your arsenal.

how would I set that up? also i know it's off topic. but I literally just got the tectus staff in heroic. I currently have imperators staff from normal. Which one would be better?

Imperators would be better. You value Crit much more than Haste and both have Multistrike on them. The difference, even with the Ilv, Int, and Spell power difference, is lost when you lose that much crit into a stat you gain very little from.

Quote Originally Posted by Zariay View Post
    Imperators would be better. You value Crit much more than Haste and both have Multistrike on them. The difference, even with the Ilv, Int, and Spell power difference, is lost when you lose that much crit into a stat you gain very little from.
    Not true.

Spellpower is worth about 90% that of Intellect (Intel has two 1.05 multipliers that SP doesn't), so even if haste was worth 0 it's still better due to the huge SP leap.

655 Staff of the Grand Imperator

211 Intellect (360.81 points)
    143 Crit (134.42 points)
    137 Multi (149.33 points)
    1208 Spellpower (1859.11 points)

Total: 2503.67

--

670 Spire of Tectus

242 Intellect (413.82 points)
    173 Haste (143.59 points)
    142 Multi (154.78)
    1389 Spellpower (2137.67)

Total: 2849.86
    Total (haste = 0 value): 2706.27

Using stat weights from Geodew, which is based on Mythic BiS. In real gear (that has much less Intellect / Spellpower) the value of Int/SP is increased significantly (as much as 50% more valuable at a ~640 ilvl)

Wow man thanks I was really hoping the imp staff was better (i just feel like it's more prestige to have the imp staff). I suppose I can just transmog it though. Thanks for that link man it's going to help a lot in the future!

VuhDo would be better than those you listed in the title. Has everything they have and more, without having to use mouse-over macros on everything.

Create a macro for all of your targeted heals:

/use [@mouseover,help][]Soothing Mist

This'll use it on your mouseover, then your target if you have no mouseover.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The issue isn't the particular addon or method, as everyone has their favorites, the issue is that as a healer you have to minimize the delay between deciding what you want/need to cast, and actually casting it. It's that brain/hand gap, and you have to reduce the delay to near zero. That only happens when you can cast a spell without having to think about which key you have to click or what mouse button you have to click. Addons also reduce the time to select a target of your cast, they also transmit information about debuffs and damage that you react to allowing you to react more quickly.

Any addon that causes you to have to re-learn the way you heal will decrease your performance no matter how awesome someone else thinks it is. The question is whether you have time to re-learn, and if you do will you be any better.

I use clique with keyboard input for mouseover healing instead of mouseclicks, with basically the same binds as target healing. The only exception is dispelling which I mouseover right-click.

I use healbot. I've never had a problem with it except for the Tsulong encounter and Brackenspore. The issue isn't huge, it's just extra time wasted targeting Tsulong or the mushrooms. I've tried setting up HB to add a bar for my focus, but it never shows up. Because I've that issue, though, I'm thinking about switch to something else.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It certainly takes time to go from clicking to using healbot/clique/mouseover. However, there is a much higher ceiling for performance by effectively cutting your button clicks in half.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    I personally prefer using mouseover macros combined with a grid of sorts (ElvUI is my choice currently).
    I like them because you can map in alternative behavior such as hostile spells when enemies are targeted etc.

That being said, several healers in my guild use VuhDo and are very happy with it, although they complain that it requires a large initial setup.

personally i'm a big fan of vuhdo, the amount of customization possible is pretty ridiculous and it really allows you to track anything you want pretty much on the the whole raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by handofdesu View Post
    Not true.

Spellpower is worth about 90% that of Intellect (Intel has two 1.05 multipliers that SP doesn't), so even if haste was worth 0 it's still better due to the huge SP leap.

655 Staff of the Grand Imperator

211 Intellect (360.81 points)
    143 Crit (134.42 points)
    137 Multi (149.33 points)
    1208 Spellpower (1859.11 points)

Total: 2503.67

--

670 Spire of Tectus

242 Intellect (413.82 points)
    173 Haste (143.59 points)
    142 Multi (154.78)
    1389 Spellpower (2137.67)

Total: 2849.86
    Total (haste = 0 value): 2706.27

Using stat weights from Geodew, which is based on Mythic BiS. In real gear (that has much less Intellect / Spellpower) the value of Int/SP is increased significantly (as much as 50% more valuable at a ~640 ilvl)
    This seem to be a common mistake ppl make... just because they don't have their main stat they thing a 15ilvl difference its not an upgrade. For holy palas there is a tool to calculate the value... wish someone would do one for every class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas View Post
    This seem to be a common mistake ppl make... just because they don't have their main stat they thing a 15ilvl difference its not an upgrade. For holy palas there is a tool to calculate the value... wish someone would do one for every class.
    I believe that Geodew is currently working on something like that (The amazing monk who also gave us calculations for stat weights).
    Until then, I suggest that you use PAWN, an addon that allows you to input stat weights and it will automatically inform you if an item is an upgrade according to those.

That's my fault. I wasn't aware of the multipliers and everything which is dumb of me.

Though to be fair, not every 15ilv difference would be a direct upgrade. Most would.

When it comes to weapons higher ilvl is almost always better and that goes for tanks, dps and healers. Jumping 15 item levels and going from best stats to worst may work out to being even...

there is an addon called "mistweaver" that is fairly underrated and not talked about much, It does everything for you and has lot's of easy resizing sliders to make it fit to exactly how you want, it also has a built in renewing mist tracker and keeps track of all of your cd's. I'm a fairly competent healer and it works wonders.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    VuhDo seems to be the best for me at the moment when used with mouse-over macros. It's efficient and I can track everything and more than I need to. Clique also works well, and I'd recommend it if you can't be bothered with macros.