Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    /reports/4NxdB9gPAL6JfTtQ#fight=5&type=damage-done&source=8

Thats my report on logs how does my DPS look? i feel like i should have done more.
    Just type the world of logs URL before.

I switched from Ret to DK and im having trouble with runes i feel like.
    Last edited by Algebraic429; 2014-12-16 at 07:55 AM.

unholy dk help plz

hi I've recently switched to unholy dk and my damage is just not where it is supposed to be i feel. I have logs here for anyone that can possibly help me and tell me what im doing wrong dont be afraid to tell me how bad i am as i can take it and become stronger and better from it.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/HBKhxVF7XN62yYQR#fight=2&type=summary

P.S. the deaths at the end of some kills are from random events or taking one for the team

off the bat I would say, get used to plague leech and blood tap as they are significant boosts to your damage.

There are a plethora of reasons to use BT over the other two talents but whether you still value RC for convenience sake i would still advise using blood tap because havinga death rune on demand makes using soul reaper on cooldown when in range much much easier and that will be a very large source of your damage, especially if combined with a potion and bloodlust.

Also not dying towards then end of fight when you could be using soul reaper would be a big help.

I don't play unholy so take the following with a grain of salt but otherwise I don't see any glaring rotational issues

First thing I notice is you're missing a lot of Soul Reapers (biggest damage we have) and you're also not using Plague Leech which is a big DPS increase. Since you only ever cast outbreak once per fight and never refresh diseases I assume you're using Plaguebearer over Plague Leech? In which case you need to switch and learn how to to use Plague Leech effectively.

Fixing your Soul Reaper uptime and adding Plague Leech to your rotation should gain you at least a couple of thousand DPS.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Tharawr/simple (I will be fixing the cloak soon. I honestly did the old noob mistake of seeing it as an epic and forgetting it need an upgrade... )
    Spec : Unholy
    Logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...urce=5&fight=8 Thats from Butcher but all bosses are up there from normal mode and Hc logs from the day before

Question: Apart from my awful up time on disease and a lack of soul reaper at times is there anything I am doing incorrectly? I am following the general guide lines as closely as possible and seem to have the Death coil burst down as soon as my ghoul transformation ends. Also if I am one cast of death coil off of been able to use the transformation (or 2 or 3) and I have the runic power to do so should I use it over Scourge strike? I assume I'd never use it over defile or soul reaper. Lastly if I have the choice between using the soul reaper for the haste buff or for the damage assuming I can spare the damage on the other target.

Ty for any advice, but try to stick to big issues. i am very much a Dk noob and there is little point picking out half a percent dps increases. Also I understand stat prios in gear and will be fitting them. Only had 3 drops so far in raids so a bit limited there currently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Tharawr/simple (I will be fixing the cloak soon. I honestly did the old noob mistake of seeing it as an epic and forgetting it need an upgrade... )
    Spec : Unholy
    Logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...urce=5&fight=8 Thats from Butcher but all bosses are up there from normal mode and Hc logs from the day before

Question: Apart from my awful up time on disease and a lack of soul reaper at times is there anything I am doing incorrectly? I am following the general guide lines as closely as possible and seem to have the Death coil burst down as soon as my ghoul transformation ends. Also if I am one cast of death coil off of been able to use the transformation (or 2 or 3) and I have the runic power to do so should I use it over Scourge strike? I assume I'd never use it over defile or soul reaper. Lastly if I have the choice between using the soul reaper for the haste buff or for the damage assuming I can spare the damage on the other target.

Ty for any advice, but try to stick to big issues. i am very much a Dk noob and there is little point picking out half a percent dps increases. Also I understand stat prios in gear and will be fitting them. Only had 3 drops so far in raids so a bit limited there currently.
    Your disease uptime on Butcher was fine, 96% for each of them.

Judging by the fight length and the cooldown of defile, you probably could of fit in 1 more defile.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2014-12-25 at 12:09 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jebiga View Post
    This isnt for me this is for a very good friend of mine I know nothing of DK's but trying to get him up to par with the rest of our raid

I feel that he should be up around my rogue
    Can someone please let me know so I can break it to him
    Looking at the logs and your friend's armory, it appears that he is attempting to play 2h frost as if it were dual-wield. He should not be casting howling blast outside of rime procs and actively gaming killing machine towards frost strike. Instead your friend should be spending nearly all his runes on obliterate and actively gaming killing machine towards obliterate.

Additionally he should be casting more soul reapers, he only landed two the entire fight.

Apologies for poor formatting, posting from my iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post

I only looked at the butcher kill, its a much easier log to look over. Main thing that sticks out if your soul reaper use. You had 5 hits in a 3:28 sec fight. You should be seeing around 11-13 in that time range. That is roughly 500K damage difference over the course of a fight. That is a solid 10% dps gain at least.

Improving my dps

Hello, i dont have big one problem with dps like "i ma doing 11k help me pls" but i kinda need help or some advice. i am doing good dps (top in guild and in all pugs that ive been) but i was looking at logs and find out that with my ilvl there are dks that doing much better than me.

i cant post link to armory or logs casue of number of posts but my dk is "matracak" on eu and i have some raids logged on warcraftlogs com

note that i didnt have 670 weapon all time got it last kill from margokHC, my gear dont have best stats but i am trying to do multistrike > mastery
    i have some questions also - worth using blood boil on 2+ targets ? and using plague leech when no runes or rp and refresh dots with ps ?

thx for all tips, advices and help

Fix my deeps

Soo, I don't know what i could be doing wrong as it's really not all that difficult, but i have been pulling about 13-18k dps, depending on fight, ever since about 615 ilvl. i'm up to 639 now, and dps has not gone up, period.

basically just get out diseases, use racial / trink on garg, defile down... spam SS and deathcoil, festering strike if neither of the others are available.

I know i'm unglyphed, keep forgetting as i don't like the ones i have, however they really don't affect dps

Heres armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...B5fpain/simple

Deleted
    Farm multistrike items from heroics, replace items like your weapon, spore trinket and cloak. Outbreak + cd:s, gargoyle, defile is the way to go, good with that. After that use scourge strike once, festering twice, spam death coil till you got 0 rp and no runes, Empower Rune weapon and then hit ss few times, get your ghoul transformed with few death coils and then just use SS as much as possible. Festering is much better death coil, you should death coil only when your Dark Transformation is NOT up or your rune is capping. Don't overuse it. Use Plague Leech without Outbreak too, you'll get a free SS. Final note, watch your runes. Don't use festering with death runes unless you got like 0 bloods and 2 frosts.
    After you use festering strike, those frost and blood runes change to death runes, so you get 2 SS after using festering. It's an important ability, not as good as SS but much better than Death Coil. You should use it before DC but maximize Dark transformation.
    Last edited by mmoc0da4e3afdf; 2014-12-25 at 10:21 AM.

Quick question. Has Multistrike taken over Mastery as the number one stat for Unholy? Not sure if I should use my Mastery bonus or Multistrike bonus trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyballz View Post
    Quick question. Has Multistrike taken over Mastery as the number one stat for Unholy? Not sure if I should use my Mastery bonus or Multistrike bonus trinket.
    You should always sim it out for yourself but generally Multistrike is still better than mastery for now.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyballz View Post
    For me it is multi >/= mastery. Allways on the lookout for mastery + multi items.

On that note highmaul kinda sux for us

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Rituel/simple
    Spec: unholy

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

On twin ogrons I feel like I should be able to do at least 25k+ dps. Thanks in advance for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by rituel521 View Post
    armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Rituel/simple
    Spec: unholy

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

On twin ogrons I feel like I should be able to do at least 25k+ dps. Thanks in advance for any help!
    There seems to be no soul reaper useage in your log. bug?

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    There seems to be no soul reaper useage in your log. bug?
    there is if you check the damage done by skills, soul reaper 371k, and which boss fight are you talking about
    Last edited by rituel521; 2014-12-28 at 09:24 PM.

there is if you check the damage done by skills, soul reaper 371k, and which boss fight are you talking about
    soul reaper 0.89% of your dps. If you sims your character, it should show soul reaper as the hardest hitting ability.

are you using it on CD as early as possible, taking into account unholy spec improved soul reaper?

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    soul reaper 0.89% of your dps. If you sims your character, it should show soul reaper as the hardest hitting ability.

are you using it on CD as early as possible, taking into account unholy spec improved soul reaper?
    No I've been really in-efficient with soul reaper usage but does that alone amount to more than 3k difference in dps though?

Deleted
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntenora/simple
    Spec: Unholy / Frost
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...YaxW1m#fight=6
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Feel like my numbers could be better, not sure where I'm going wrong. I know I'm bad as hell with Soul Reaper but is there anything else I can improve?

No I've been really in-efficient with soul reaper usage but does that alone amount to more than 3k difference in dps though?
    It can do, Soul Reaper is a metric ton of damage for both Frost and Unholy.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2014-12-29 at 10:22 PM.