2-set PvP bonus with Death Grip glyph in PvE

Has anyone tried that one? Would that be worth if so?

2 set bonus: Using Death Grip increases the damage of your next special attack by %25.

Glyph of Resilient Glyph: When your Death Grip ability fails because its target is immune, its cooldown is reset.

So the question is, what if we use DG before every strike? and yes we'll be using Glyph of Tranquil Grip which DG no more taunts the target.

Just got 2 660 parts, tried it on dummy... seems nice!

I will try it in raid soon

Seems that Grip does not use the GCD.

Deleted
    I tried

Tranquil Grip
    Resilient Grip

with the 2P 660 PVP and I can't say I ever saw it proc.

Just tried... it will only works if grip works... so, if you grip a boss that cant be griped (all of them?) it will no proc the buff.

But for example, if you doing Imp, every add that spaw you can grip and get the 25% bonus.

Yep, didn't have the chance to try it since I don't have the 2nd piece. Anyway, thank you for trying it out. Using it on adds might be a DPS increase. Considering GCD, it might not be worth it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Letrus View Post
    Yep, didn't have the chance to try it since I don't have the 2nd piece. Anyway, thank you for trying it out. Using it on adds might be a DPS increase. Considering GCD, it might not be worth it tho.
    DG isn't on the GCD though?

Deleted
    Just tried it.

I can't get it to work.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-01-01 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    DG isn't on the GCD though?
    Yes my bad. Just tried it and DG isn't on GCD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    For resilient grip to work, The boss or mob has to be immune to both the grip and taunt effect I think.
    It only has to be immune to the gripping effect, since you will be glyphing your death grip to not taunt with Glyph of Tranquil Grip. (Do you want to die to a melee swing?)

I tried to maximize this DG spamming playstyle in raids and dungeons back when I first got my hands on the set bonus in the beta. It's a giant hassle, and a total pain in the ass to attempt to do in my opinion, so I would be immensely dissapointed if it turned out to be viable in raids.

I tried to play with extra death grip bindings to spam it more easily. As in, I bound DG to an extra key on my keyboard, and to a key on my mouse. The mouse keybinding ending up being the most useful, as it removed a lot of the stress from my left hand.

The second method I tried was to have 5 extra macros keybound to spam DG together with my abilites. An example would be
    Code:
    #showtooltip Frost Strike
    /cast [mod:shift] Death Grip
    /cast [mod:shift] Frost Strike; Frost Strike // probably don't even need the mod here, but i'll have it here to show my point.
    Now copy that for 5 abilities, Oblit, FS, SR, HB and a mouseover HB (seriously, if you play frost you should have a mouseover HB button), and you've just lost 5 semi good keybindings and you're stuck being careful about which version you use, depending on if you're targeting the boss, or another enemy that is immune to the grip effect, or you're targeting a smaller add that is grippable, making you lose out on your 2pc for 25 seconds.

Seriously man, I hope this crap never becomes viable in raiding. all that needs to be done is to make it only proc when used on players or their pets, totems, and so on.
    Last edited by mmoc48ecd4d72d; 2015-01-01 at 01:44 PM. Reason: grammar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescart View Post
    It only has to be immune to the gripping effect, since you will be glyphing your death grip to not taunt with Glyph of Tranquil Grip. (Do you want to die to a melee swing?)

I tried to maximize this DG spamming playstyle in raids and dungeons back when I first got my hands on the set bonus in the beta. It's a giant hassle, and a total pain in the ass to attempt to do in my opinion, so I would be immensely dissapointed if it turned out to be viable in raids.

I tried to play with extra death grip bindings to spam it more easily. As in, I bound DG to an extra key on my keyboard, and to a key on my mouse. The mouse keybinding ending up being the most useful, as it removed a lot of the stress from my left hand.

The second method I tried was to have 5 extra macros keybound to spam DG together with my abilites. An example would be
    Code:
    #showtooltip Frost Strike
    /cast [mod:shift] Death Grip
    /cast [mod:shift] Frost Strike; Frost Strike // probably don't even need the mod here, but i'll have it here to show my point.
    Now copy that for 5 abilities, Oblit, FS, SR, HB and a mouseover HB (seriously, if you play frost you should have a mouseover HB button), and you've just lost 5 semi good keybindings and you're stuck being careful about which version you use, depending on if you're targeting the boss, or another enemy that is immune to the grip effect, or you're targeting a smaller add that is grippable, making you lose out on your 2pc for 25 seconds.

Seriously man, I hope this crap never becomes viable in raiding. all that needs to be done is to make it only proc when used on players or their pets, totems, and so on.
    If it becomes viable, It's bound to get nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    If it becomes viable, It's bound to get nerfed.
    Yeah, but until then paladins are rocking their best in slot from pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."