Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Terrorist Trials in Pakistan a rolemodel for the United States of America?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2...542372724.html
    Pakistan has announced plans to set up special military-run courts to prosecute terrorism suspects as part of a new anti-terrorism plan following the Pakistani Taliban school massacre that killed 149 people, including 132 children.

In a live televised address to the nation on Wednesday, Nawaz Sharif, Pakistan's prime minister, announced 25 new counter-terrorism policies, with military-run courts among the most controversial.

"Special courts, headed by the officers of armed forces, will be established for the speedy trial of terrorists," he said.
    Why not put them on trial instead of torturing them in cuba without providing evidence for their guilt?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Civil court? Now that would've been a good example.
    Some trial preferable to none?

Deleted
    Military trials are usually bullshit because the ones giving out the sentences usually have no formal education in Law.

Deleted
    Well, I'm not sure if it's going to be much difference to have Colonel Nuke'm McBigBalls declaring you need detained in a high security prison or executed compared to having the CIA kidnap you in the middle of the night and torture you for a few years.
    Well prisoner of war status has allot more strings attached than CIA kidnapping.

The Pakistan version is of cource just summary execution.
    But just think about the mindfuck that they have trials while the US has none....

Pakistan: 126 people get killed by terrorists. Comes up with military courts for terrorism.
    USA: 5000 people get killed by terrorists. Invades another country, throws an entire region into chaos, causes the deaths of over 100.000 innocent people caught in the backlash of the ensuing chaos.

Sorry, USA holds the record for stupid shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Word View Post
    Not really stupidity is available in such abundance on a global level that it would be hard to make any distinction of quality.

I mean I have the problem with this shit being so intransparent but hell something like that could give those prisoners some direly needed legitimacy.

If you declare war on terror you should make terrorist suspects prisoners of war.

7+ Year Old Account
    throws an entire region into chaos
    lol tenchars

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2...542372724.html

Why not put them on trial instead of torturing them in cuba without providing evidence for their guilt?
    What's the fun in that?

- - - Updated - - -

Pakistan: 126 people get killed by terrorists. Comes up with military courts for terrorism.
    USA: 5000 people get killed by terrorists. Invades another country, throws an entire region into chaos, causes the deaths of over 100.000 innocent people caught in the backlash of the ensuing chaos.

Yea, they will think twice about even looking in the US's direction from here on in.

10+ Year Old Account

Let's just ignore the bullshit that has been ongoing on the Pakistan and India border.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Well prisoner of war status has allot more strings attached than CIA kidnapping.

The Pakistan version is of cource just summary execution.
    But just think about the mindfuck that they have trials while the US has none....
    none? why do you blindly hate usa and bold face lie? ok we get it, you hate USA but cmon man its not hard to use the internet to research things before you type it.

- - - Updated - - -

i thought weirdo liberals were totaling it near 1million innocent poor little civilians. you guys need to make up your mind on your made up number.

Yeah let's bash the U.S. for all the "innocent deaths", and I'm not gonna lie, collateral damage sucks, but the Taliban and Isis have killed way more innocent people ON PURPOSE.

Collateral damage is just a sad fact of war, and war is a sad part of human society, and it will never go away.

On top of that though we might not kill as many innocent people in the Middle East if the guys we were fighting played fairly. Hiding your weapons and munitions in schools, hospitals, and appartment complexes isn't cool, neither are using child soldiers, dressing like civilians, using IEDs, ect, ect, but I geuss the world just blindly hates America and doesn't see the fact that over 40% of the cost of our last two wars were rebuilding and supplying the people of those countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't need trials shoot them and be done with it.

It''s not exactly what I'd call an example... Military trials usually just mean they quickly declare people guilty and will hand out executions fast. Military courts aren't very legitimate in my opinion.

Civil court? Now that would've been a good example.

Terrorist are just poor soldiers for a cause that no civilized country will back, they are soldiers though. So a military trial seems fair to me, especially because they target unarmed civilians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masqerader View Post
    ^ this, thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masqerader View Post
    Suspects dont need a trial?

I don't see how you think sham trials are preferable to no trials. It seems like you waste money to achieve the same end result. Glad they're doing something about it, though. I was listening to a radio interview of some Pakistan protestors last week, and they seemed mad as hell that the government wasn't doing much about terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Not a model I'd agree with for the US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I don't see how you think sham trials are preferable to no trials.
    Prisoner of war status it is in the meantime and afterwards

It''s not exactly what I'd call an example... Military trials usually just mean they quickly declare people guilty and will hand out executions fast.
    There's nothing wrong with executing terrorists without a trial at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Well I agree assuming we arnt just killing random brown people because reasons. That being said I fully support the execution of actual terrorists. If it is more than obvious they are a terrorists and were apprehended during terror activities then ya a trial is just to appease libtards who want terrorist alive because reasons.
    I'd prefer terrorists and war criminals to be kept alive and imprisont, for quite good reasons:
    1. If they turn out to be innocent you can release them afterwards.
    2. If they are guilty, they can see the world hating them, watch how their backwards ideologies become irrelevant in the future and have time to think about their deeds.
    3. Why would you give them the easy way out?

Also libtards, lol, what are you then?

I am in favor of take no prisoners if the terrorists are no longer useful through enhanced interrogations. There is no point in taking them as prisoners anymore.