Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I agree with all points made in the OP. I continue to echo the same bit - putting balance aside, a lot of this is just not fun.

I mean, I have a really hard time believing any of these guys do anything but run dungeons/raids. The changes leave me astonished at how disconnected they are from their own product. It's like Walmart for MMO's... it's got the essentials but it's annoying as all hell.

Also, have we talked about DK's and Discs? Because what the fuck.
    Last edited by Prag; 2014-12-26 at 06:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    - Too many Interrupts
    - Combat Rogue 8 sec kidney shot (stuns in general are too good but this one is extreme)
    - Burst of speed still far too good
    - DK "fire and forget" cc breaks
    - Ret support (still decent off heal, 2x sec, bop = too much)
    - Freezing trap cd/duration
    - Disc still too strong
    - Offensive dispel spam too good versus most classes
    - Some specs being unplayable or 10x harder to play to be succesful compared to others
    I agree with your points regarding disc, dks and rogues (especially) being strong. Retardins on the other hand... don't think they're that OP atm, but that might just be me. Also the freezing trap is only bad when it comes to survival hunters, and survival is the only thing thats making hunters even viable in 2s brackets atm. I just cant imagine playing MM in 2s (although the initial burst damage is much better)

Why not look at it the way Blizzard looks at it? Its a business!

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Shamans literally have no viable single target CC, or CC in general, because their only stun basically has a 5 second cast time, can be easily evaded, and can be interrupted without a cooldown (kill the totem). Hex has a 6 second duration, an easily interruptible cast,and you cannot move while casting it, so If Jim the paladin is scared of you (0.001% of this actually happening) and he is able to run right after you used flame shock, he's home free, If you're running from Jim, he can stun you, beat you down while you're stunned, and slow you without causing a CD in your only ability usable while moving, and a vital dot. Compared to other classes' instant stuns with shorter CDS (fist of justice, you little bastard) hex is pathetic, you cannot hurt your target during hex or it will break, and it has a 45 second cooldown.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2014-12-26 at 05:44 AM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    Shamans literally have no viable single target CC, or CC in general, because their only stun basically has a 5 second cast time, can be easily evaded, and can be interrupted without a cooldown (kill the totem). Hex has a 6 second duration, an easily interruptible cast,and you cannot move while casting it, so If Jim the paladin is scared of you (0.001% of this actually happening) and he is able to run right after you used flame shock, he's home free, If you're running from Jim, he can stun you, beat you down while you're stunned, and slow you without causing a CD in your only ability usable while moving, and a vital dot. Compared to other classes' instant stuns with shorter CDS (fist of justice, you little bastard) hex is pathetic, you cannot hurt your target during hex or it will break, and it has a 45 second cooldown.
    I totaly agree with that!

- Too many Interrupts
    - Combat Rogue 8 sec kidney shot (stuns in general are too good but this one is extreme)
    - Disc still too strong
    - Some specs being unplayable or 10x harder to play to be succesful compared to others
    - Kidney needs to be 5-6 sec at best.
    -Burst of speed is still a bit op and should cost way more or have charges with a cd.
    - DK cc breaks are necessary due to their complete lack of mobility.
    - Ret support is fine. 2x bop and sac are not that big of a deal due to dispels.
    - Traps for survival are on too damn short of a cd and frost trap root is just fucking op as all hell.
    - Disc is still too strong.
    - Offensive dispels for some classes are stupidly op and can be spammed mindlessly. (Priest mages and shamans) the cost should be much higher or just allow 2-3 charges with 8-15 sec cds to stop the mindless spam.
    - I don't know of a spec that is "unplayable" in pvp, or even 10x harder to play compared to others.

Deleted
    - Too many Interrupts
    - Disc still too strong
    Its not that theres too many interrupts its that for some reason melee got to keep all there obnoxious mini stuns and cast breakers.

The interrupt is almost irrelevant, heres how it went against a feral earlier - fake cast interrupt > typhoon to cancel cast > bash> fake interrupt> restealth stun, if theres 2 melee on you its impossible to ever get a cast off no matter how much you fake and they still have way too many gap closers, you cant even kite ferals/rogues.
    Its the same against every melee, with dks its grip>stun, wars its int shout>stun and rogues are just a joke fest you cant kite or cast.
    Its no suprise that the best healers happen to be the ones least reliant on casts.

Hunter traps and 8 sec kidney just confuse me, they removed pom poly and deepfreeze from mage in wod because they were imbalanced apparently, then gave BETTER versions of it to rogue/hunter, mind boggling.

This expansions been the most "bring the class not the player" expansion for pvp ive seen in long time, it sucks big time right now if your not playing a fotm class, the difference playing with a ret over a warrior/enh shaman/monk, a lock instead of elesham/mage, a disc instead of a mwmonk/resto sham is just huge.
    Last edited by mmocb7e0cd2af6; 2014-12-26 at 07:56 AM.

DKs can completely negate AM, lol.

Heal > Juke MF

Heal > Get gripped, you're dying b/c DK damage

AM > Try to heal > Get Asphyx/Strang for the entire duration

/clap

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't strang because AM immunes silence. But yes, any good DK will trade AM with stun which is a win for them even if the healer doesn't trinket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Yeah nerf dks they need it. Minimal cc on the class as it is along with no speed boosts. Its made up for with escapes and damage. But yeah thats op. Druid's ss out of any slow/root isnt op but desecrated ground and IBF better watch out! Loons...

Deleted
    - Too many Interrupts
    Nope.
    Bit op in the current meta yes.
    Needs to be reverted into the old one where if you removed a snare you didnt get the sprint effect.
    They seem to have too much of these indeed.
    Double sac is retarded.
    Duration is fine and the cd is survis gimmick without it why play survi..
    - Disc still too strong
    Learn to purge.
    You complain disc is too strong yet purging is too strong?
    Not every spec should be rank 1 viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    You complain disc is too strong yet purging is too strong?
    Because sometimes something can really be OP against a lot of classes, but still weak against a few (and these few are the real balance targets for those spells). Not uncommon. That's why nowadays they go more in the line of more nerfs than buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by makoi6 View Post
    Hunter traps and 8 sec kidney just confuse me, they removed pom poly and deepfreeze from mage in wod because they were imbalanced apparently, then gave BETTER versions of it to rogue/hunter, mind boggling.
    itt: people think revealing strike came out this expansion. pvp forums average knowledge about rogues shining bright.

im feral and i think my self healing is absurd

Quote Originally Posted by makoi6 View Post
    Its not that theres too many interrupts its that for some reason melee got to keep all there obnoxious mini stuns and cast breakers.

The interrupt is almost irrelevant, heres how it went against a feral earlier - fake cast interrupt > typhoon to cancel cast > bash> fake interrupt> restealth stun, if theres 2 melee on you its impossible to ever get a cast off no matter how much you fake and they still have way too many gap closers, you cant even kite ferals/rogues.
    Its the same against every melee, with dks its grip>stun, wars its int shout>stun and rogues are just a joke fest you cant kite or cast.
    Its no suprise that the best healers happen to be the ones least reliant on casts.

This expansions been the most "bring the class not the player" expansion for pvp ive seen in long time, it sucks big time right now if your not playing a fotm class, the difference playing with a ret over a warrior/enh shaman/monk, a lock instead of elesham/mage, a disc instead of a mwmonk/resto sham is just huge.
    So, you have a problem with rogues/ferals (wich are basically the same), not melees.

If you have problems with DKs... well... you really need to play more pvp. The melee class that basically can't keep up even against other melees (except DKs) because they lack any kind of mobility (and they even need to choose between their only kind of mobility talent, frost fever slow/root or strangulate).

Yet to see people having problems with death grip since every class can just get away again at the same time and no DK can kill you for that 1/2 secs that they've got you in range (not enough GCD to bring anyone down from 50%+ HP). If you die, it's because you were alread dying or the others around (in that case, almost all classes/specs could get you cc to die to everyone hitting you).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    itt: people think revealing strike came out this expansion. pvp forums average knowledge about rogues shining bright.
    I know it existed and phrased it wrong, there were people who played this cheesy trash spec in 2's back in mop
    Allowed better versions to continue to exist, happy?

And pvp forums dont know about it because combat is a pve spec and it should stay that way.
    Last edited by mmocb7e0cd2af6; 2014-12-26 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by decyphier View Post
    DKs can completely negate AM, lol.

Heal > Juke MF

Heal > Get gripped, you're dying b/c DK damage

AM > Try to heal > Get Asphyx/Strang for the entire duration

/clap
    They've trade any kind of speed boost/decent slow (that most get "for free") for that Strang (the real problem, wich is a stun). They even loose dmg (since it costs a rune, wich is really expensive since rune regen times are bad) to strang you (plus CD on it) while for others it's just a CD that they can hit for free.

And "dying b/c DK dmg"? Hahahaha in fact anyone wich better gear than you, can kill you. The time you spent "gripped" is not even enough to get more than one hit on you, unless you're really that slow or got all of your CDs down at that exactly time (really, wich ranged class can't get away again basically at the same time they get gripped??? Even melees, other than DKs, can just jump away again ignoring even the talent that roots you for a few secs with CoI).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    So, you have a problem with rogues/ferals (wich are basically the same), not melees.

If you have problems with DKs... well... you really need to play more pvp. The melee class that basically can't keep up even against other melees (except DKs) because they lack any kind of mobility (and they even need to choose between their only kind of mobility talent, frost fever slow/root or strangulate).

Yet to see people having problems with death grip since every class can just get away again at the same time and no DK can kill you for that 1/2 secs that they've got you in range (not enough GCD to bring anyone down from 50%+ HP). If you die, it's because you were alread dying or the others around (in that case, almost all classes/specs could get you cc to die to everyone hitting you).
    Melee in general are to strong in this expansion they have retained too much utility when most caster classes were gutted.

Maybe you need to get better?Are you actually trying to imply dks are bad (lol)? because theres no shortage of dks at high rating and they are one of the stronger melees in general, who needs mobilty when you have AMS, grip and spammable slows.
    I mean are you talking about 1v1's or something? Im talking abour arena or rbg where you have teammates who will dispell give you freedoms and set you up with stuns/cc a good team wont just grip randomly they grip into a hoj or w/e never giving you breathing room to kite and cast, i dont really care if your being kited by hunters in random bgs.
    Last edited by mmocb7e0cd2af6; 2014-12-26 at 12:27 PM.

Thank god you 1500 rated people aren't employed by Blizzard.

Disc priests too strong. And you all agree.

Please get to a decent rating and realize priests aren't strong at all. In fact, once you hit glad range priest are tied for worst with shamans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    Thank god you 1500 rated people aren't employed by Blizzard.

Disc priests too strong. And you all agree.

Please get to a decent rating and realize priests aren't strong at all. In fact, once you hit glad range priest are tied for worst with shamans.
    I know this comment wasn't aimed at me, but apart from the broken double frost dks and surv/restodruid there really is a reason why disc is top dog in 2s. I have listed several ways to fix this without harming 3s, But then again it may be because other classes that priest has a lot of synergy with are in a pretty strong spot atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.