are the warlock's pets bugged?

Ok so i levelled my alt demo warlock to 100 and build a barn lvl 3 for the fur and the blood, by doing the elite wolfs in nagrand i noticed that all the tanking pets voidlord and infernal (with demo servitude) are being destroyed in 2 hit, the wolfs leave them to 20% health after the first 2 attack and by the time it reach 50% for the trap i've already been forced to resummon it 2 times; my gear is ilvl 630 i've tried putting the demonic training glyph etc.
    Is there some kind of bug with those pets or have blizzard nerfed them what is going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I'm pretty sure the general consensus is they are bugged and are taking way more damage is some situations. iirc the avoidance stat is the problem but I am not 100% sure.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those mobs could be flagged to deal more damage on pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    Those mobs could be flagged to deal more damage on pets.
    my ferocity hunter's pets tank those mob just fine, in both spec bm or surv/mm
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Warlock and pet bugs? Nothing new at all ;_;

The same happens with my VW. He's at 20% when the wolf is at 50%. There are also times where my sac pact kills the demon.

i dont think those mobs are supposed to be easy for low geared alts. try the riverbeasts for example if you are having too much trouble with wolves

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i dont think those mobs are supposed to be easy for low geared alts. try the riverbeasts for example if you are having too much trouble with wolves
    Except they don't give the same things. Beasts give feasts, wolves give fur.

And my low geared hunter would like to have a word with you. It's a warlock pet thing, not these mobs in particular. I can kill warlock pets in pvp so much easier than I can hunter pets. Probably indicative of the same thing.

that's a problem with hunter pets then

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    that's a problem with hunter pets then
    nope the hunter pet have the same behaviour against any mob, the elite wolfs in particular dish the most dps out of all the cage beasts, and even the hunter pet suffer a bit against them but don't get instagibbed. The lock pets on the other hand seem to have problem only with certain mobs, some cannot even scratch the health pool other just wreck them so bad that not even the special ability and the shield keep them alive.
    It's difficult to explain but sometime seem like the armor is completely ignored or the avoidance is not calculated and they take full unmitigated damage, i've even tried the soul link talent for the 3% heal and feel like a drop in the ocean.

Warlock pets aren't as tanky as I remember them, although the wolves do quite a bit of damage compared to the other elites.

Which talents and glyphs are you guys using? I haven't tried killing anything interesting as destro or demo, but as affliction I'm not really having any problems. I use the talent that shields my pet, Grim Of Supremacy, and the health funnel glyph. I think there's also another glyph that adds more armor to the blueberry, but I haven't had a need to even consider using it yet.

If you're having trouble putting a decent shield on your pet, then you could try using the affliction raid style opener or haunt -> sb: soul swap .. though you may need to use a soul shatter right after.

If you're refering to the rares in nagrand that drop the rep tokens, make sure you're soloing them because their health scales with how many people are attacking them. If too many people in the area jump in and they arent pulling their weight I just pull off my blue berry and leave them at it.

It may be your ilvl too.

The tank pet glitch has been around since MoP. I think the trick is in re-summoning the pet. It's a glitch with the base armor of the pets being negative IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Ok so i levelled my alt demo warlock to 100 and build a barn lvl 3 for the fur and the blood, by doing the elite wolfs in nagrand i noticed that all the tanking pets voidlord and infernal (with demo servitude) are being destroyed in 2 hit, the wolfs leave them to 20% health after the first 2 attack and by the time it reach 50% for the trap i've already been forced to resummon it 2 times; my gear is ilvl 630 i've tried putting the demonic training glyph etc.
    Is there some kind of bug with those pets or have blizzard nerfed them what is going on?
    Those wolves hit like a truck.

However it's pretty much a non-issue. When your voidy dies, fear the mob and resummon. I never need more than one resummon at the most. Remember to shadowfury occasionally to reduce the damage your pet is taking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Do Void pets lose Shadow/Void Shield stacks if they have an absorb? If not, it may be that certain mobs are just eating through Void Shield faster than others and thus the pet is taking 2.5 times damage without it (40% compared to 100%).

Pet avoidance, for any class, only applies to AoE attacks, so its useless against those wolves. Your pet can tank an elite Clefthoof all day since its main attack is an AoE front cone. That plus they simply don't hit as hard as the wolves do.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Sorry to necro this thread, but i was working on my demo rotation on my garrison dummies, and i noticed my pet kept disappearing. Is this a bug, or could I be doing something wrong? I'm new to the spec, and need to get the muscle memory down, and find it frustrating when this happens. Should I just go to a city to work on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazelock View Post
    Sorry to necro this thread, but i was working on my demo rotation on my garrison dummies, and i noticed my pet kept disappearing. Is this a bug, or could I be doing something wrong? I'm new to the spec, and need to get the muscle memory down, and find it frustrating when this happens. Should I just go to a city to work on it?
    I believe the tanking dummy hits back and kills the pet.

Good to know, Thanx