Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I tell you what, I do hate are these "COMPANION ANIMALS" being sold as service pets. I am more than a little annoyed that this bullshit distinction has been allowed.
    Im confused. DO you have issue with service animals? DO you have a problem with the expansion of "service" to include helping with mental issues, or is it a problem with how easily people can get away with falsely labeling their pet as a service animal?

Anyways, I think our current animal laws are more or less fine. there should probably be a minor extension on the exceptionally intelligent ones (elephants, dolphins, Great Apes) because they're on the same level as toddlers, but its not my call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Im confused. DO you have issue with service animals? DO you have a problem with the expansion of "service" to include helping with mental issues, or is it a problem with how easily people can get away with falsely labeling their pet as a service animal?

Anyways, I think our current animal laws are more or less fine. there should probably be a minor extension on the exceptionally intelligent ones (elephants, dolphins, Great Apes) because they're on the same level as toddlers, but its not my call.

Oh no NO Service Animals are fine when they are for people who are BLIND, or literally and physically can't do certain things for themselves.

I am talking about these little rat dogs and cats being carried around like infants into restaurants and places of business, for nothing other than companionship, that isn't my idea of a Service animal

or is it a problem with how easily people can get away with falsely labeling their pet as a service animal?
    Yes, this attitude that it would be nice to inflict their pet on everybody else because it makes them FEEL BETTER!
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2014-12-25 at 09:18 PM.

Deleted
    You're right. I forgot about them. It seemed always so hilarious to me that intelligent species aren't protected more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no NO Service Animals are fine when they are for people who are BLIND, or literally and physically can't do certain things for themselves.

I am talking about these little rat dogs and cats being carried around like infants into restaurants and places of business, for nothing other than companionship, that isn't my idea of a Service animal
    Which would fall under the abuse of the label, and I dont think they labeled them legally anyways, since I was reading on how people can easily get fale badges and public establishments dont care to check.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have the right to remain tasty. Looking at you Christmas Goose.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    You're right. I forgot about them. It seemed always so hilarious to me that intelligent species aren't protected more.
    Ive watched entirely too much Oragutang Island and Escape to Chimp Eden episodes xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Which would fall under the abuse of the label, and I dont think they labeled them legally anyways, since I was reading on how people can easily get fale badges and public establishments dont care to check.

I probably should have clarified that I do believe people with say Autism, and what not may indeed have service them in ways that can't be appreciated by just looking at them.

But some of these people yeah exactly, I think some are abusing the hell out of this Companion Animal as a Service Animal thing. My opinion about their animal not withstanding either, I think there need to be much clearer guidelines for them

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably should have clarified that I do believe people with say Autism, and what not may indeed have service them in ways that can't be appreciated by just looking at them.

But some of these people yeah exactly, I think some are abusing the hell out of this Companion Animal as a Service Animal thing. My opinion about their animal not withstanding either, I think there need to be much clearer guidelines for them
    Certainly should be a standard issue, and establishments shouldnt be afraid to ask for proof. I think a lot of that is because people dont want to offend those that truly need them, and so even let the ones that dont slip by.

Deleted
    As soon as you give them rights even minor ones it will be an ongoing hell forever with animal hippies/treehuggers pushing for extremes.

So while I'm not against it, I rather not see it happen during my lifespan unless it's clear that you can't change said rights every day around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    I would very much like to see that. Just to see the rage of all the hypocritical animal lovers when 99% of the time some "ugly" insects rule the world.
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm pretty positive you're wrong about that.
    Specify please.

Human rights are for humans (the clue is in the name). I don't see why we can't have geese rights and dog rights.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Hard to look things up at a decent rate on my phone, but off the top of my head, primates don't have any sort of real protection beyond typical conservation efforts and the meat industry is horribly unethical in their treatment of animals.
    But I said that some are protected and acknowledged in the post after that, that some intelligent animals should be protected even more.

While it's not fun to imagine how billions of animals are slaughtered so we can eat them, it is how it is. And if they receive cruel treatment, it certainly goes against the laws. Laws are already in place. You just have to enforce them.

"Special" rights? Perhaps not. The rights to live and not be abused? I'd say yes.

Deleted
    If I got attacked by that shit i'd break its neck.

That sounds more like they gave them that space rather than letting idiots wander close to vicious geese.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    If I got attacked by that shit i'd break its neck.
    He'd like to see you try.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2014-12-26 at 02:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.