Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since Life Tap is meant to be a signature Warlock spell, it'd be a shame for it to go away completely. I'd like it if they changed it so that instead of using it to restore mana, the made it so that it has a 2-3 minute cooldown and gives you a full bar of Demonic Fury at the cost of x% health, and then just giving Demonology the same sort of mana regen as Destruction, either whilst in Metamorphosis, or just constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fablewynd View Post
    Since Life Tap is meant to be a signature Warlock spell, it'd be a shame for it to go away completely. I'd like it if they changed it so that instead of using it to restore mana, the made it so that it has a 2-3 minute cooldown and gives you a full bar of Demonic Fury at the cost of x% health, and then just giving Demonology the same sort of mana regen as Destruction, either whilst in Metamorphosis, or just constantly.
    Hmmm, if it's class wide then it would solve both Demo's and Destro's problem with burst on pull. I like this idea.

Since Life Tap is meant to be a signature Warlock spell
    Since when is Life Tap a signature warlock spell? I don't think anyone ever says to themselves "you know what, I really like the idea of Life Tap, I think I'll make a warlock".

Kinda surprised that it survived the button bloat purge.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Since when is Life Tap a signature warlock spell? I don't think anyone ever says to themselves "you know what, I really like the idea of Life Tap, I think I'll make a warlock".

Kinda surprised that it survived the button bloat purge.
    That's why it survived the bloat, because it is one of those iconic Warlock abilities. Hence why they made that a Warlock's hero ability in Hearthstone, too. It's not a fun ability, by a long shot, but it's one of those spells that made the warlock unique all the way back in the beginning; they could sacrifice health for mana. There was a time when many mana starved classes would've killed for it.

That's why it survived the bloat, because it is one of those iconic Warlock abilities. Hence why they made that a Warlock's hero ability in Hearthstone, too. It's not a fun ability, by a long shot, but it's one of those spells that made the warlock unique all the way back in the beginning; they could sacrifice health for mana. There was a time when many mana starved classes would've killed for it.
    That really means nothing. Many hearthstone class abilities and cards either don't exist, or were removed from WoW. It's also an interesting and useful spell in Hearthstone, while in WoW it's just an excuse for warlocks to have low mana regen.

Warrior's don't have "Armor Up!" and paladins don't have "Silver Hand Recruit" either.

10+ Year Old Account
    -remove lifetap, adjust mana usage acordingly (basicly make mana bar a decoration like it is for other casters, im tired of that shit)
    minor glyph of abysal/terrorguard - mute and shrink the fucker, annoying glorified imp with doombolts...

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That really means nothing. Many hearthstone class abilities and cards either don't exist, or were removed from WoW. It's also an interesting and useful spell in Hearthstone, while in WoW it's just an excuse for warlocks to have low mana regen.

Warrior's don't have "Armor Up!" and paladins don't have "Silver Hand Recruit" either.
    Which is why I like that they retained that feeling of heritage with Life Tap. It disappointed me that those two hero powers you mentioned weren't drawing upon the mechanics of their WoW counterparts. Life Tap is an outdated mechanic in the game now, but for me it's still an iconic spell. I remember, fondly, when I could just get a quick burst of mana whilst the other casters were worrying about managing theirs.

Which is why I like that they retained that feeling of heritage with Life Tap. It disappointed me that those two hero powers you mentioned weren't drawing upon the mechanics of their WoW counterparts. Life Tap is an outdated mechanic in the game now, but for me it's still an iconic spell. I remember, fondly, when I could just get a quick burst of mana whilst the other casters were worrying about managing theirs.
    I agree that it used to be an iconic spell, back in the days where other mana-users actually ran out of mana, but now it feels like relic and a punishment, rather than an advantage.

I agree that it used to be an iconic spell, back in the days where other mana-users actually ran out of mana, but now it feels like relic and a punishment, rather than an advantage.
    And it doesn't have to. If it were changed to interact with our secondary resources rather then with Mana then it could be a bonus.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Which is why I'd love to see it be made into an offensive cooldown, to help with burst and ramp up time at the beginning of fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Affliction:
    - move some damage from Drain Soul to Dots. Doesn't need to be a lot, just enough to boost multi-dotting and AOE a bit.
    - Replace Soulburn:Haunt with Malefic Bolt (Shadowbolt with Malefic Dot trigger) for those that want Shadowbolt Affliction back.
    - Remove Soul Swap. I don't like what it's done to the spec. Affliction should be about DoTs and multidotting at the expense of burst and ramp up
    Good Changes. Soulburn:Haunt talent as it is atm it is really a badly implemented mechanic. They do have to provide us also with a way to instantly apply the dots. Maybe somekind of a talent with a minute cd or something.

In general 100 lvl talents of locks are generally very badly designed. It shows that blizzard has know idea how the class wants to play out
    Last edited by mmoc5d5ecdcb45; 2014-12-27 at 12:58 PM.

From another, derailed thread on a similar topic.

Fel Flame
    KJC 2 charges (35 sec cd) and +3% passive filler damage
    Old Harvest Life (aoe) with nerfed heals and damage
    Baseline Howl of Terror
    ROF damage buffed by 35-40%. Grants embers on 3+ targets.
    Health Funnel for destro
    Nightfall procs from all active corruptions.
    Buff SoC damage and add direct damage
    Return Carrion Swarm

Buff Healthstones
    Replace/Remove Gateway

SB:Haunt - The haunting spirit violently exits the target, dealing damage equal to the total amount of damage you delt during the Haunt effect.

Charred Remains - Chaos Bolt hits sear targets for an additional 50% of the last Chaos Bolt's damage over 5 secs.

Demonbolt - Blast the target with fel energy, dealing moderate shadowflame damage and triggering a Doom tick. Deals more damage and costs more fury the more fury you have.

Cataclysm Affliction --> Miasma - Channels a nether mist around the target increasing the crit chance of your dots by 10% and spreading all dot damage to 5 targets within 8 yards. Dots deal 15% more damage for every damaged by Miasma. (SB effect - Targets damaged by miasma are slowed by 30% for 2 seconds). 3.5 second channel, 1 min cd.

Cataclysm Demo --> Shadowbolt Volly - Channels waves of empowered Shadowbolts that deal high shadow damage to enemies in a frontal cone and inflicts them with Corruption or Doom. 3.5 sec channel. 1 min cd.

DServe Demo - Summon a Pit Lord as a permanent pet. Replaces DG and Infernal cds.
    I saw someone suggest they turn Haunt to a cd and make the 100 talent a casted nuke for people that want Sb:St back. Might've been in this very thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Not sure if necessary, but I would have a kick if some of those would be in.

Destruction:

1. While Rain of Fire is active, F&B Incinerate will refund 3 Ember Bits per cast.
    2. Charred Remains: will now also passively increase Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn damage by 10%, F&B Chaos Bolt will now deal 20% less damage.
    4. In addition to the current effect Grimoire of Sacrifice also increases your critical strike chance by 5%

Demonology:

1. Successful Demonbolt casts will recover 7% of your total mana,
    2. Demonic Servitude (Demonology) will now reduce your Summon Doomguard and Summon Terroguard cooldown to 2 minutes and make them last for 30 seconds instead of permanently summoning a greater demon.
    4. Grimoire of Synergy effect increased to 20%.

Affliction:

1. Soulburn: Haunt - also causes your Haunt spell to deal additional 50% damage and automatically crit.
    3. In addition to it's current effect Grimoire of Sacrifice also increases your haste by 10%.

All specializations:
    1. Kil'jaeden's Cunning now has 3 charges and passively allows you to cast or channel any warlock spell on the move at a cost of one charge. A charge of KJC is restored every 10 seconds.
    2. Mannoroth's Fury affects Cataclysm.
    3. Archimonde's Darkness increases the effect of Dark Soul spell by 5% (i.e. from 30% to 35%).
    This is awesome, pretty much everything I would like to see on a warlock summed up. The most awesome suggestions are demo changes, KJC and RoF.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Destruction.
    Charred Remains: Returns Ember generation to Rain of Fire. If it is going to be about having Embers dropping out your pants then dammit, let it be.

Affliction.
    Reduce the cast time of UA on targets with Haunt up, or Haunting Spirits. Make UA instant cast on targets with Haunt on them, while Haunting Spirits is up.

or... this maybe to strong with more haste though...

Nightfall proc chance is increased on target, with Haunt while Haunting Spirits is up.

Return charges in fight to lock cookies.
    Last edited by theostrichsays; 2014-12-27 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

A couple more,

All:
    - (New Spell) Curse of Exhaustion: Causes the target to deal 20% less damage for 10 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.

Talents:
    - Replace Harvest Life/Searing Flames with Nether Ward (30 second cooldown shield)

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    A couple more,

All:
    - (New Spell) Curse of Exhaustion: Causes the target to deal 20% less damage for 10 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.

Talents:
    - Replace Harvest Life/Searing Flames with Nether Ward (30 second cooldown shield)
    To be fair another shield, would need to cost higher resources then a heal. I wouldn't mind the option, but it would have to have some additional cost otherwise it would be the choice almost all the time. Whether that cost is additoinal resource, Shard or Ember x 2 or maybe a Shard and Reduced Ember generation for X seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

destro -
    fel flame back
    have rof give some embers in return

aff
    coex back
    on demand resource regen with like a 3 min cd and out of combat only
    buff seed of corruption by alot and a faster detonate to boot

howl of terror baseline for all specs,

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    (basicly make mana bar a decoration like it is for other casters, im tired of that shit)
    Really isn't though - ever seen a mage try to keep up with a resto druid on spellstealing the hots? Goes oom faster than you can say wat.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Really isn't though - ever seen a mage try to keep up with a resto druid on spellstealing the hots? Goes oom faster than you can say wat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    -remove lifetap, adjust mana usage acordingly (basicly make mana bar a decoration like it is for other casters, im tired of that shit)
    minor glyph of abysal/terrorguard - mute and shrink the fucker, annoying glorified imp with doombolts...
    Or when a Shadow Priest needs to start using Mass Dispel - the difference is our mana bar goes with our DPS rather than our utility which is fine. You lose basically 0 dps while lifetapping if you use it properly as it's one of the few abilities we can currently use on the move. The only classes that have a "decoration" mana bar are melee DPS (rets and enh shamans) and that is due to having mechanics which give them mana back.

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    To be fair another shield, would need to cost higher resources then a heal. I wouldn't mind the option, but it would have to have some additional cost otherwise it would be the choice almost all the time. Whether that cost is additoinal resource, Shard or Ember x 2 or maybe a Shard and Reduced Ember generation for X seconds.
    You mean like Soul Leach costs something? I'm trying to think of a way to make our first tier talents interesting. Having Soul Link compete with Soul Leach is one way, but having an activated and controllable option could be another. The old passive/proc/active talent rows tend to work very well.