Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

My new favourite Top laner.

This wonderful duo right here:

One thing that saddens me, is that Quinn doesn't see very much (if any) competitive play, as a top laner OR adc for that matter. So I thought to myself "Why?" Her kit is useful, her ult is a BIT lacklustre, but is an effective execute, and negates the need for Teleport.

So my question to you is, what do you think are some changes that would make Quinn viable at top-level of play.

I personally think she needs a small range increase, and make Harrier not visible to enemy champions, at least not with the big crosshairs it has now, and make vault usable on herself for an escape, like Caitlyns net.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    I'd say her ult is perfectly fine as it allows you to catch and kill anyone who's running and virtually escape from anyone, maybe it should have a lower cooldown so the threshold for it to be used would be lower as an escape mechanic? Also I like how her passive results in some pretty bonkers damage early game especially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    I'd say her ult is perfectly fine as it allows you to catch and kill anyone who's running and virtually escape from anyone, maybe it should have a lower cooldown so the threshold for it to be used would be lower as an escape mechanic? Also I like how her passive results in some pretty bonkers damage early game especially.
    Her early lane phase is crazy, harrier-AA-vault-AA ignite usually results in a kill before level 6. As for the CD on her ult, maybe making it a consistent time instead of scaling down is called for, maybe 100 seconds across the board?
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Her early lane phase is crazy, harrier-AA-vault-AA ignite usually results in a kill before level 6. As for the CD on her ult, maybe making it a consistent time instead of scaling down is called for, maybe 100 seconds across the board?
    sounds much more reasonable than the 140 seconds at rank 1, which reminds me of something like fiddlesticks' ultimate and it's nowhere close in power

shes weak imo on toplane also on botlane
    unplayable champion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icefresh View Post
    shes weak imo on toplane also on botlane
    unplayable champion
    Yeah.. it's not like blind ever gave you an edge over the enemy adc. Also it sucks how she does incredible bursts of damage and has a gap closer

Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Yeah.. it's not like blind ever gave you an edge over the enemy adc. Also it sucks how she does incredible bursts of damage and has a gap closer
    You're totally right there's no other adcs or top laners even than can do the same things but better!

Oh wait.....

Just can't see myself ever carring for her. She's a mediocre ADC at best and as far as top lane goes she can be a nuisance to some melee top laners but given the nature of solo Q all picking someone like her top is gonna do is screw you out of a solid tanky/initiator. The time or two I've actually got behind in lane to a Quinn my team still won because I picked hero that did what was needed in the team fight stage where as quinn was just another squishy that got promptly mowed down.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    You're totally right there's no other adcs or top laners even than can do the same things but better!

Oh wait.....

Just can't see myself ever carring for her. She's a mediocre ADC at best and as far as top lane goes she can be a nuisance to some melee top laners but given the nature of solo Q all picking someone like her top is gonna do is screw you out of a solid tanky/initiator. The time or two I've actually got behind in lane to a Quinn my team still won because I picked hero that did what was needed in the team fight stage where as quinn was just another squishy that got promptly mowed down.
    These are all valid points, now what do you think could/should be done to make her more competitive? As for the comp part, I only go Quinn top if we have a tanky jungler and support, otherwise I would go Shyvana.
    Last edited by Zethras; 2014-12-27 at 12:52 AM.

I'd rather play Lissandra top. Better harass, better team fight utility, better everything.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Cho'gath main.... and I eat most competition. Only ones I have a problem with is gnar and a really good riven, otherwise I keep them constantly underturret and unable to farm (q them right before they go for a low minion). Course, this involves alot of wards, so you dont get fucked by the jungle. The only other one, id say id have a problem with is vlad... but even then, its not that hard dealing with, if he decides hes going full aggressive, since I level my scream to the max first.

Then, if I am bored, the occassional Morde top is pretty fun.

Deleted
    Quinn is my fav top laner as well. Thought I'd try her out since she was on rotation and instantly loved her. Played 12 games with her so far all top lane and I've won 10 ganged, even in the 2 losses I didn't lose during laning.

Deleted
    Her Ult needs the Nidalee/Jayce/Elise treatment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Healer View Post
    Her Ult needs the Nidalee/Jayce/Elise treatment.
    Care to elaborate?

EDIT: Another thing I thought of yesterday, is maybe make it so that if Quinn reveals a champion inside a bush with her W, mark them with vulnerable.
    Last edited by Zethras; 2014-12-29 at 03:04 AM.

Care to elaborate?
    I think the intent behind the statement is making Quinn's alt on a short-ish cooldown, similar to Nidalee/Elise, and making the shifting between human/bird form a much larger part of the kit/gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    I think the intent behind the statement is making Quinn's alt on a short-ish cooldown, similar to Nidalee/Elise, and making the shifting between human/bird form a much larger part of the kit/gameplay.
    Ahhh, I see, but if that were to occur, they'd need to eliminate the execute that accompanies Quinns return to the battlefield, or alter it significantly.

Ahhh, I see, but if that were to occur, they'd need to eliminate the execute that accompanies Quinns return to the battlefield, or alter it significantly.
    Oh sure. I'm sure it'd be on par with the last Nid revamp.
    I don't know what/if anything I'd do to Quinn. I think I've only played a total of a handful of games on her (all ARAM) ever. So I won't comment on that aspect.

Merely attempting (hopefully correctly) to clarify.

Deleted
    Yeah, I mean what Radux said If she gets to change at will and for any duration she wishes it would open up a lot of possibilities to work with her kit.

As far as ADCs top how does she fair compared to vayne ezreal and Lucian? They all seem to have niche roles and can easily work if outplayed your opponent

10+ Year Old Account
    More roaming, better harass and blind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clowntown View Post
    As far as ADCs top how does she fair compared to vayne ezreal and Lucian? They all seem to have niche roles and can easily work if outplayed your opponent
    I think one of the biggest gripes people have with Quinn is she doesn't have a hard disengage, whereas champions like Lucian, Caitlyn, Vayne, Ezreal, Tristana, etc, have a way to gtfo reliably and safely, and Quinn has to jump AT the enemy champion first, all the while potentially taking damage, which is why I think being able to target Vault at herself to disengage quickly would be fair and warranted.