10+ Year Old Account

Changing Account Name

On a lot of live streams when you see players login there WoW account names are different. For Example where this picture says "[WoW1]" their account will have something else in its place.

and I was wondering how to do that.

It also shows up on their battle net launcher where this one says "Warlords of Draenor".

10+ Year Old Account
    Accounts made before the merge with battle.net had them named to a sign-in instead of using your email.. Like now you use Email@emailofyourchoice.com or whatever, but before it was AccountNameofYourChoice.

Deleted
    It may have something to do with creating the wow account before everything got connected with battle.net. I have my account name instead of [WoW1] as well and as far as I know account names don't exist any more now that everything is done via battle.net.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fred the Hunter View Post
    Accounts made before the merge with battle.net had them named to a sign-in instead of using your email.. Like now you use Email@emailofyourchoice.com or whatever, but before it was AccountNameofYourChoice.
    Ah, beat me to it.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if it's possible to change your old account name?

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks because I don't have my account that I had before then. Nevermind X_X :P. Ty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made my account back in 2006 with an account name and it is shown instead of [WoW1].

The launcher doesn't show that name though. It only shows "World of Warcraft".

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    I made my account back in 2006 with an account name and it is shown instead of [WoW1].

The launcher doesn't show that name though. It only shows "World of Warcraft".
    It shows for me, maybe you need multiple wow licenses before it starts showing the account names.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Accounts are named if they were created before the battle.net merge. After the merge whenever you bought a wow license its called WoW1, WoW2 etc