Deleted

Enhancement scales bad with gear?

At first I had the impression that I had low damage compared to other classes because I was behind on gear.

After 2 weeks i went from leveling gear and weapons weapons around 615 to 2x 646 fists and 630-640 gear, wich is a pretty big increase.
    I expected my damage to go WAY up aswell but I sadly experience mediocre dps at best.
    Not only that but I see certain other classes do up to 5/6K dps more than me in pvp gear and 530 gear >.> (My own pvp geared DK also out-dpeses my shaman...)

I know my rotation is good and i'm getting the best out of my gear so that makes me wonder: does enhancement scale bad with gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Itemization is a big part. Most of the Highmaul gear is poorly itemized for enhance. I think the 1H Axe from Twins and the trinkets are the only items that are itemized for enhance.

It scales just fine with gear. Enhance shamans single target is just shit but its aoe is amazing.

Yep, went from a 630 weapon to a 685. Thought my dps would skyrocket. I didn't notice any difference at all. Was pulling 24k before and pulling 24k now. Maybe the game thinks I didn't equip it?

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't mind only being middle ground this tier, it does feel very unrewarding to improve your gear as Enhancement. As others stated, it's just a letdown to get a huge ilvl upgrade and barely see any effect on your dps at all.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    It scales just fine with gear. Enhance shamans single target is just shit but its aoe is amazing.
    Well this is partly incorrect. Item for item there are classes that gain far more than us from gear. I'd sooner give fist weapons to monks for example. Sadly. Out of all the agi users enhance gains very little in comparison to other classes. Put this down to shit stats in general. The fact secondary stats for us a cross the board are pretty poor value wise and the poorly itemised fear in Highmaul from an enhance pov is quite good for other classes like hunters.

Its not really an Enhancement issue, its a melee issue. Pretty much every melee spec, except Fury, is scaling poorly compared with Ranged.

Not a huge deal right now though and we're actually better off than most melee specs. The reason why your damage sucks is because our single target damage just... sucks and too much of what we can do is tied up in cooldowns, which makes it really awful in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Well this is partly incorrect. Item for item there are classes that gain far more than us from gear. I'd sooner give fist weapons to monks for example. Sadly. Out of all the agi users enhance gains very little in comparison to other classes. Put this down to shit stats in general. The fact secondary stats for us a cross the board are pretty poor value wise and the poorly itemised fear in Highmaul from an enhance pov is quite good for other classes like hunters.
    Not sure I'd agree, given Monks are crying out about scaling issues too. The scaling problem is more an epidemic than an Enhancement issue like it usually is, everyone is suffering. We're just ruined by how horrible the Highmaul gear is for us, but the BRF gear is generally quite promising, so hopefully that will make our output a little stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Not sure I'd agree, given Monks are crying out about scaling issues too. The scaling problem is more an epidemic than an Enhancement issue like it usually is, everyone is suffering. We're just ruined by how horrible the Highmaul gear is for us, but the BRF gear is generally quite promising, so hopefully that will make our output a little stronger.
    Every class forum is full of crying, always. Doesn't mean they're all actually entitled to it all the time.
    Monks particularly are nitpicking from a very good position.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm doing alright at the moment I guess, we're suffering sure, but that's cause the itemization in Highmaul is pretty trash. BRF should be better, at least that's my hope.
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Every class forum is full of crying, always. Doesn't mean they're all actually entitled to it all the time.
    I don't know what you qualify as "very good position". Since we are talking about Enh here I assume you talk about WW monks. They were amazing in PVE but after the latest nerf they are middle of the pack. Would not call that very good position even if it's better than PVP.

In PVP they are the worst spec out there it seems. There are TWO WW monks in the top 300 rated 3v3 arenas. That's even less than the 3 Enh shamans which are assumed the worst in pvp. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3#page=1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Its not really an Enhancement issue, its a melee issue. Pretty much every melee spec, except Fury, is scaling poorly compared with Ranged.
    ehh no? I went from 630 to 648 on my warlock and trust me on this, there is very little difference dps? On fight like blackspore not even noticable.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Nitpicking from a good position doesn't mean the issue isn't there though, if we're fair. Their gain from stats is as low as ours is, the problem really is there are some classes that has a huuuge swing in value for some stats, making our fairy standard gain from most of our stats seem quite bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post
    I don't know what you qualify as "very good position". Since we are talking about Enh here I assume you talk about WW monks. They were amazing in PVE but after the latest nerf they are middle of the pack. Would not call that very good position even if it's better than PVP.

In PVP they are the worst spec out there it seems. There are TWO WW monks in the top 300 rated 3v3 arenas. That's even less than the 3 Enh shamans which are assumed the worst in pvp. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3#page=1

Ofc I mean monks - they were ridiculously OP for the first month. Now they're still great, and their cleave is so much better than ours it's sad.
    Monks will likely outshine us in Foundry as well.