Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    While it may be a little more prominent now, run selling has been around since Vanilla.

This has been around since vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    you obviously don't do a whole lot of tanking then.
    I do though, and i've only gotten the blame very few times, and usually all it takes to shut them up, is to point out the actual problem in a stern way. If they keep ranting, the group agrees to kicking them.
    Mind you. This is very rare it happens. I think your attitude is the problem more then the pugs :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I don't get the tank role.

Why doesn't the game provide a NPC to tank for you for $1?
    Both tank and heal for $2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Obviously you do not understand healing if you think you can just afk and heal to victory. Healers (like everyone else) need to position themselves correctly for healing and raid mechanics, manage cds properly, and manage their mana effectively (otherwise they can easily go oom, especially this tier). A healing team that is poorly managed due to a lack of a healing cooldown rotations, poor mana management and poor gameplay due to things like overhealing due to a hpally choosing to top people off when there is a hot ticking on the player *will* lead to a wipe in progression content.

Healing *is* the most stressful and difficult job in a raid and always has been.
    We'll just agree to disagree.

Deleted
    So what exactly is the downside of providing your services for people who want to use them? I don't see any downside.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I don't get the tank role.

Why doesn't the game provide a NPC to tank for you for $1?
    Both tank and heal for $2.
    Have you done the tank or heal PGs. The NPC is an idiot. Not so bad in the tank one but the healer one they are special for sure.

I've also never had one ounce of tank abuse and this is with playing all 5 tanks at mythic level pre 6.0 and all 5 are 640+ and done with the dungeon grind for WoD. I can only assume its because you are either new, lack confidence or bad. If its new or bad, time solves this problem as you either get the hang of it or go back to dps. If its confidence, man the hell up and pull more than 1 mob at a time. Who cares what some kid from who knows where thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    This kind of attitude of tank superiority is exactly what is wrong with the community.
    That attitude is just a symptom of a larger isssue; people being assholes in LFD/LFR and tanks being so rare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    It's up to Blizzard to stop toxic game developments. As like making sold dungeon runs a bannable offense. Another idea is to raise the pool of roles in demand. As like tanking as roles for nowadays pure damage dealers. Inflate the role to a lot of classes and its probably not worth to pay it anymore.
    Sorry, not toxic. You don't have to pay anyone.

I recently found out that the game moved to become a market place of gameplay, instead of offering gameplay no matter if you bring in gold to the group setup process.

There are tanks offering to tank heroics for gold. There are raiding guilds that offer gold runs for whatever-skilled players.

All of that cant be really the idea of playing a game. Shouldnt it be about just playing it, without the need to hire people to actually play a role you would need to have fun in a game like world of warcraft?

I think this is a highly toxic development. Gold should not be a means of playing content. And raiding guilds should just not be allowed to sell runs for people who do not actually play the game at all anymore.

What is your opinion about that?
    You're Post > Mountain > Mole Hill [Enough Said]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Complains that tanks are asking for compensation for tanking.
    Ignores the fact that Blizzard compensates tanks and healers if queues get too big.

Nothing will happen, because it means Blizzard would have to actually do something about it. You can complain about toxicity all you want, but Blizzard encourages the behavior.
    Blizzard tried with all kinds of diffferent stuff.
    First duel specs, then increased rewards for tank/healer, then vengeance you don't even feel like a tank anymore.
    The fact is, more people prefer to play dps and unless you ask Blizzard to force people to roll a tank this won't change. The fault is with the players, not Blizzard.

I don't charge for runs or anything when I tank, but I agree that tanks are treated poorly. Especially when doing dungeons while leveling. Every monk and hunter it seems just go try to solo the place. I don't care whether you actually can solo it, the point is to do it as a group and they are teaching new players bad habits when grouping.

The tank is expected to know every fight perfectly the first time they do it, and dead DPS have nothing said about them. Also, who thought it was a good idea to make DPS run faster than tanks on average?

Shouldnt it be about just playing it, without the need to hire people...
    No one ever needs to hire another player.

Quote Originally Posted by -Superman- View Post
    Given the way tanks get treated these days, they are lucky we don't charge DOUBLE for randoms.
    o.^
    I cant think of any time I felt abused as a tank. On the other hand, Ive abused the hell out of bad tanks. Tanks set the tempo for the entire run, and are expected to take the leadership role. So if you dont keep the group happy, youll hear about it.

I dont think tanks are getting mistreated suddenly for no reason these days. In MoP being a tank in 5 mans just meant you were the first dps to run in and you got priority on heals. Now suddenly theres something resembling difficulty and you can suck again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightteous View Post
    Have you done the tank or heal PGs. The NPC is an idiot. Not so bad in the tank one but the healer one they are special for sure.

I've also never had one ounce of tank abuse and this is with playing all 5 tanks at mythic level pre 6.0 and all 5 are 640+ and done with the dungeon grind for WoD. I can only assume its because you are either new, lack confidence or bad. If its new or bad, time solves this problem as you either get the hang of it or go back to dps. If its confidence, man the hell up and pull more than 1 mob at a time. Who cares what some kid from who knows where thinks.
    This. If the PG tank was a player, I would've kicked him after about 30 seconds. He breaks CC, doesn't use CD's properly, doesn't interrupt properly. The DPS DPS CC and don't interrupt properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of buying raid boosts: A guild on my server just offered to carry someone to 7/7 mythic for the low, low price of... 1.2 million gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Speaking of buying raid boosts: A guild on my server just offered to carry someone to 7/7 mythic for the low, low price of... 1.2 million gold.
    Split 20 ways that's only like... uh... 60k.... per person... I think.... It's not thaaaat much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    One just has to wait a bit. I think it won't be too long until boosts will drop in price again - even though Mythic runs will probably stay relatively expensive during the whole tier (but definitely not in the ">1mil.-expensive-range).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziphr View Post
    o.^
    I cant think of any time I felt abused as a tank. On the other hand, Ive abused the hell out of bad tanks. Tanks set the tempo for the entire run, and are expected to take the leadership role. So if you dont keep the group happy, youll hear about it.

I dont think tanks are getting mistreated suddenly for no reason these days. In MoP being a tank in 5 mans just meant you were the first dps to run in and you got priority on heals. Now suddenly theres something resembling difficulty and you can suck again.
    Most people who abuse tanks are just natural assholes, or DPS who are in a hurry. I rolled a tank cause I am not afraid to actually have a role to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainn View Post
    Split 20 ways that's only like... uh... 60k.... per person... I think.... It's not thaaaat much
    60k is a pretty decent haul for ~3 hours of work.. I'd be okay with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    One just has to wait a bit. I think it won't be too long until boosts will drop in price again - even though Mythic runs will probably stay relatively expensive during the whole tier (but definitely not in the ">1mil.-expensive-range).
    They usually go for ~400k at the end of the tier, with all loot you want + mounts and all that fancy stuff.. I still won't buy any, but I wouldn't mind selling a couple of those.

Deleted
    Tbc I sold gdkp BT runs
    Woltk I sold gdkp ICC runs
    Cata I sold gdkp for DS
    MoP I sold gold CM boosts
    WoD? Currently selling silver CM boosts

It's been going on a long time and is nothing new