What I feel resto shamans need in pvp.

Make totems unkillable except fire. There is no damn reason why they should be killed from one moonfire from a damn resto druid. This is so unbalanced.

Buff water shield. Pretty stupid that I go OOM and the other heals are still full mana.

Give resto shamans shamanistic rage.

Bring back totems while silenced AND ghost wolf form while silenced would be nice too.

Replace capacitor totem with something that doesnt suck. I read someone say make it a double click button. Once to drop it then again to detonate it.

Lower the CD on Hex.

Revert tremor totem.

I personally feel like at least half of those changes are needed, while some are overboard. I'd like more resilient totems, more passive mana regen, and maybe a weaker version of sham rage?
    Deathrites Armory
    Orc Elemental Shaman
    Bleeding Hollow
    7/7 Heroic Highmaul
    1/7 Mythic Highmaul

Buff the part of water shield that returns mana when hit. That way its only a pvp buff. Totems just feel like garbage. I dont see why the same shamanistic rage wouldnt be available?

Nothing that the OP mentioned seems unreasonable. If you want overpowered, bring back the old windshear, bloodlust in arena, and make ghost wolf remove movement impairing effects. You know, the things that would make shaman fun to play. This stripped down melee/caster hybrid is no where as powerful as other hybrids.

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    Make totems unkillable except fire. There is no damn reason why they should be killed from one moonfire from a damn resto druid. This is so unbalanced.

Buff water shield. Pretty stupid that I go OOM and the other heals are still full mana.

Give resto shamans shamanistic rage.

Bring back totems while silenced AND ghost wolf form while silenced would be nice too.

Replace capacitor totem with something that doesnt suck. I read someone say make it a double click button. Once to drop it then again to detonate it.

Lower the CD on Hex.

Revert tremor totem.
    I agree with all of these. Totems while silenced and the tremor Nerf never made any sense to me. And if I'm turning into a ghost why is ice still holding me in place and a druid turns into a cat and its gone? Also projection needs to be baseline and if you're going to keep the smart heal nerf I want earth giving hot back on ue

Just give us cleansing totem back. That'll sort it.

Lol cleansing totem was so op it was awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass dispell is still in the game. Cleansing totem could easily been put on a long CD, like 1 min plus, and cost an assload of mana like Mass Dispell.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Shamans are already strong, those changes would just put them way over the top. The whole point of Shaman right now is to be exceptionally good at keeping partners up, but being vulnerable to being trained. If you really want Shamans to be able to live through being trained without help from partners then other healers are going to need the same treatment, and at that point nothing would ever die.

Managing mana is something all healers need to do (aside from Disc, who apparently have infinite mana), though water shield could probably be a bit better.

Resto Shamans having Sham Rage would be absurdly broken. Unless it has a longer CD or it's not as strong as the Enh/Ele versions it would make Shamans way too strong.

Totems while silenced would also be too strong, and it's why they got removed in the first place. If you get silenced but can then drop Earthgrab and Ghostwolf away the silence was completely useless. Same goes for the majority of other totems.

Cap totem is pretty terrible, but if Shamans had a reliable 5 second AoE stun that would be laughable. A good suggestion I heard was make it so you could detonate Cap like you said, and then it stuns for however long it lasted, so if you detonated it after 2 seconds it would be a 2 second stun. Pretty solid idea there.

Lower CD on Hex doesn't matter *that* much, would give Shamans a reason to push up, and then get switched to and die. But seeing as how Priest Fear is 45 second CD I'd say Shaman Hex being 45 is perfectly fine. It's far safer to use than Fear, and it lasts longer.

No, fear is weaker now, Tremor should stay as it is. Actually a skillful mechanic instead of a second trinket on a shorter CD.

Honestly, Shamans don't need that much. They're already really strong healers. If you buff Shamans then you'd need to buff Disc/MW/HPal. Easier solution would be to slightly nerf Druids and then problem solved as far as healer balance goes.

You can't gw while silenced.

what is the damage reduction of tree of life/bear form?

its not just fear, mesmerize, charm, sleep. Its poor design to have a totem that breaks these but can't be used during. But its okay for hunters to double deterrence or rogues to clos bos vanish?
    or roll human...

Some one once said if a build is R1 viable even if only 1 comp than thats good enough...LSD works and since its R1 viable don't expect anything that the casual/average player will like

Edit: I just realized you are talking about resto an not ele...

How is Affliction/rShaman/Balance?
    Last edited by Cempa; 2015-01-08 at 03:41 PM.

Didn't they just ability prune for casual players

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    How is Affliction/rShaman/Balance?
    I tried Affliction/Hpal/Balance earlier and it was okay, I'm sure the Shaman version would be a little better since Shamans are stronger than Paladins at the moment. But I don't think it's a comp worth playing, all 3 classes have far better comps they could run.