HM Mythic difficulty ranking

Starting mythic Tuesday, starting with Kargath and then off to Twins. After that, what do you guys think should be the order in your opinion?

Kargath, Twins, Brackenspore, Tectus, Koragh, Butcher.
    Depending on your average guild ilvl you can do Butcher earlier.

Just saying that Koragh took us about as many attempts as all other bosses combined (except for Imperator, of course).
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2014-12-26 at 05:04 AM.

Butcher should be interchangeable with Koragh/tectus if your average level is +670 and you use the pool party tactic. Tectus and Koragh are also pretty similiar in difficulty, but tectus wipes are much quicker (4 minute fights will do that), and it gets a lot easier with gear. Koragh gets a lot easier with good setups (double paladin healer, many MM hunters to break MCs, enough magic dps/phys dmg to both stay ahead of the extra ball spawns and kill the boss quickly - too much of either will suck).

I personally perceived Koragh to be way harder than tectus but then again we didn't have a very balanced dps setup. Tectus was just get once to the last phase and zerg a bit. I also thought Brackenspore was harder than tectus but I guess that might have changed a good bit now given more gear and the changes to the flamethrower buff.

Thanks boys, that's what I thought but I wanted to be sure. So for pool party Butcher you just tank him in the water and execute fight as normal? Can't really tell from videos.

Quote Originally Posted by decyphier View Post
    Thanks boys, that's what I thought but I wanted to be sure. So for pool party Butcher you just tank him in the water and execute fight as normal? Can't really tell from videos.
    Just copy how they position him exactly. The idea is to get all the cadavers (or most of them, anyway - one hunter staying out to block any that won't) to hit butcher rather than have ranged run around soaking them.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I personally perceived Koragh to be way harder than tectus but then again we didn't have a very balanced dps setup. Tectus was just get once to the last phase and zerg a bit. I also thought Brackenspore was harder than tectus but I guess that might have changed a good bit now given more gear and the changes to the flamethrower buff.
    I guess. Hard part about tectus is making sure ranged and melee execute survivability perfectly for the first 2 phases - if one ranged is slow, or one melee wanders into crystals, it's pretty much an instant kill. And with people down, breaking the AOE fest that is the last phase becomes much harder as you'll end up overrun fairly quickly. But yea, it's not hard, but neither is Koragh - he is just buggy ATM (would have had him prior to christmas if it wasn't due to the second/third shield deciding only one person can enter, and that person's shield does nothing. Fun :s. If anyone has a solution, feel free to spread the love - we've tried alternating who enters, we've tried waiting for both soakers to be healed full to go in at the same time, and we've made sure the first soaker doesn't dip in and out quickly).

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Kargath, Twins, Brackenspore, Tectus, Koragh, Butcher.
    Depending on your average guild ilvl you can do Butcher earlier.

Just saying that Koragh took us about as many attempts as all other bosses combined (except for Imperator, of course).
    I would swap tectus with brackenspore. kargath and twins is free loot. Butcher is the one and only impossibru boss

I found Brackenspore much harder than Tectus. I'd rank the ones I've done Kargath > Twins > Tectus > Brackenspore >Koragh. Brackenspore tank damage is pretty ridiculous because of the add's stacking buff, while with Tectus you never really get hit that hard (and 100% of the damage is avoidable at the start so the healers can just bomb heal tanks whenever needed) even with all the Tecti swarming at the end.

Deleted
    Kargath -> Twins -> Brackenspore / Tectus -> Ko'ragh -> Butcher -> Imperator

Deleted
    Kargath > Twins > Tectus > Brackenspore > Koragh > Butcher > Morgok

I would say.

It is a very weird setup for difficulty that depends entirely on your group makeup, who is more geared, what the average ilvl of the raid as a whole is.

Kargath > Twins > Brackenspore = Tectus = Butcher = Koragh > Imperator.

The 4 mid-bosses are honestly all difficult in their own respects but none are harder than each other. depending on your group makeup Koragh could be the easiest of the 4. If you have high gear, Butcher is a patchwerk fight mostly. If you have a very organized group that understands mechanics quickly, Brackenspore is a joke. If you have a solid strat and good bursty cleave dps, Tectus is easy. So really, you have to weigh your guilds strong points and do the bosses that are going to get you the gear to make up for your weaker points.

Depending on where your groups gear is at, Tectus and Butcher should be doable sooner this many weeks into progression.

Deleted
    and ofc do Imperator BEFORE butcher

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    and ofc do Imperator BEFORE butcher
    Well judging by 50% of the replies in this thread, if you do the pool party strat on Butcher, he's easier than Brackenspore if your group has roughly 665-670 ilvl. I may have my raid do that first.

Quote Originally Posted by decyphier View Post
    Well judging by 50% of the replies in this thread, if you do the pool party strat on Butcher, he's easier than Brackenspore if your group has roughly 665-670 ilvl. I may have my raid do that first.
    I don't really see how imperator can be even close to butcher for 99% of people who will attempt the fights (who aren't at end of mythic yet) in 675+ ilvl by the time you get there. Meaning imperator is much harder mechanically and butcher will get a lot easier due to being purely numbers
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Yeah, the reason most top guilds did Butcher last was b/c their ilvl was significantly behind.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget new tier of (not yet) legendary rings should be becoming available right about now - probably making him even easier than the linear ilvl increase would indicate.

kargath -> Twins -> Brackenspore -> ko'ragh ->tectus -> Butcher -> Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    kargath -> Twins -> Brackenspore -> ko'ragh ->tectus -> Butcher -> Imperator
    i'd probably put koragh above tectus. hell, brackenspore seemed harder than tectus.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

The Butcher is easy today due to too many guild exploiting the debuff reflect bug nowadays.
    Check wowprogress and you can see it