Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes, lots of times. It's quite dumb, but it's how the report system works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    I wouldn't have reported you for that, since it's clearly just childish and idiotic, not actually attacking or insulting anyone. But I'm not surprised you got banned for it. As was pointed out on the first page of this thread, it clearly violates the TOS you agreed to.

Save that stuff for guild chat, assuming you're not in a mature adults only guild.
    You know what I find funny? When you're a child talking about sexual or I guess eating dog shit is considered to young to talk about or joke about but when you're an about it it's to childish. You know what I think? I think it's all a fucking excuse to just not have it brought up at all because you aren't comfortable in your own skin admitting that it can be funny sometimes. Also what do you mean by "mature adult guild"? Have you ever met actual businessmen or people who do well in their field? A lot of them talk with so much vulgarity to friends and while gaming.

This strive to be "mature" in a sense that you can't have toilet humor anymore or you can't watch that tv show is within itself a fallacy. Whenever I find out someone still watches the Pokemon anime, I don't care. I've been in guilds comprised of people that are adults only, my mother has too and holy fucking shit you need to hear what they talk over whatever voice chat they're using.

"It clearly violates ToS"... By the way, ban was reversed. Apparently some GM saw it for what it actually was.

What surprises me more than anything is how much you guys care about something you'll completely forget about within 30 seconds of it happening, it's a logical fallacy. I do know one thing about humans though, there are a lot that like to feel like they have power and oh fucking boy does that report feature feel like you have power. At the click of a button you can say "fuck you" with more than just saying it, you can ban somebody because of it.
    Hey everyone

I had no idea talking about dog shit was not permitted in chat. That's wild and incredibly tame compared to the normal going ons of every server I've played on. Thanks for the information as I'll be using it to report a lot more people for laughs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    What is wrong with you? I'm honestly curious. Like, you would seriously report him for that?

Ugh, society is a bunch of carebear pussies these days.
    More like online society is a bunch of insensitive and asocial social media airheads that communicate mostly in memes and trolls and have hence lost all basic sensitivity for normal social conduct.

10+ Year Old Account
    *sighs* At this point, I wish for people to try and calm down now and then. If you have recieved a ban, it isn't the end of the world, nothing more than setting under investigation is all that is needed. This could have been solved easily, and really, the topic was bad after all - but I take the investigation reviewed it as 'weak'. The rules are there for a reason, though, doesn't matter how it is seen overall - it is guidelines.

Congratulations though on the reverse, now would be the better to just get on with it, unlike those kids in the video.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    You know what I find funny? When you're a child talking about sexual or I guess eating dog shit is considered to young to talk about or joke about but when you're an about it it's to childish. You know what I think? I think it's all a fucking excuse to just not have it brought up at all because you aren't comfortable in your own skin admitting that it can be funny sometimes. Also what do you mean by "mature adult guild"? Have you ever met actual businessmen or people who do well in their field? A lot of them talk with so much vulgarity to friends and while gaming.

This strive to be "mature" in a sense that you can't have toilet humor anymore or you can't watch that tv show is within itself a fallacy. Whenever I find out someone still watches the Pokemon anime, I don't care. I've been in guilds comprised of people that are adults only, my mother has too and holy fucking shit you need to hear what they talk over whatever voice chat they're using.

"It clearly violates ToS"... By the way, ban was reversed. Apparently some GM saw it for what it actually was.

What surprises me more than anything is how much you guys care about something you'll completely forget about within 30 seconds of it happening, it's a logical fallacy. I do know one thing about humans though, there are a lot that like to feel like they have power and oh fucking boy does that report feature feel like you have power. At the click of a button you can say "fuck you" with more than just saying it, you can ban somebody because of it.
    Private chat != public channels. Seems to me you have a hard time differentiating one from the other. Humor has a place and time being mature means you can apply this, kids cannot do this that's why they are such little monsters when growing up their moral compass doesn't exist and in your teen years everyone else is wrong about everything and you are right and nobody gets you and so on and then you start to get into young adulthood and start to see those things as common sense.

Another GM saw it differently, this could be for several reasons could very well be him or her being more lenient towards the holidays now and it being your first offense in a long time. Another one and you could very well looking at a longer time. So seeing this as a carte blanche for your behavior might very well lead to another infraction soon enough. So you can argue high and low if people are justly offended or not the thing is that it doesn't even matter there are guidelines cause if it wasn't against the guidelines no action would've been taken in the first place.

But keep up the good fight i guess *shrugs* I'll continue to simply click report as it's quicker and makes me no worry about dealing with the ignore lists and cleaning them out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Seriously? Do you actually spend 90% of the time on WoW reporting people? Because your threshold is incredibly low, if that's the kind of thing that sets you off I can't imagine there's very much you don't report. In a game that actively makes jokes about poop and has a quest which has you picking cherries out of piles of dung and then eating them you're reporting someone for a single line in chat that mentions poop.

Your definition of civility seems to be well beyond what civility actually means. Mentioning a word or subject that's fully within the realms of respectful speech, especially in a way that given what the OP has told us was in no way impolite or rude is by all means civil.
    or you could follow the rules you agreed to when you installed the game. coming to the forums and raging because people are reporting you for breaking the rules is really hilarious.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    I've been banned numerous times for this kind of shit. People are so fucking spineless. If it's the mature language, there's a filter. If it's the subject, get some thicker skin.

IMO you'd have to say something very racist/sexist or otherwise extremely offensive before I'd report it. Harassment is different, ofc, and should be reported even if no "bad language" is present.
    So you have been banned multiple times for this and it is other people's fault.
    Maybe if you learned from one of the bans you might see it is you who is doing it.
    I love the world we are in where it is no ones fault and they don't deserve conscienquenses for thier actions.

I've been banned numerous times for this kind of shit. People are so fucking spineless. If it's the mature language, there's a filter. If it's the subject, get some thicker skin.

IMO you'd have to say something very racist/sexist or otherwise extremely offensive before I'd report it. Harassment is different, ofc, and should be reported even if no "bad language" is present.
    Don't say stupid shit in public chat. It's really that simple. It's not up to you to decide who needs to get thicker skin, and the language filter isn't there in lieu of a language guideline but as well as it.

Think about it in real life. Would you joke around about eating dogshit with your friends at school? Sure, maybe. Would you do it in the middle of a class, or in a supermarket? I hope not.

10+ Year Old Account

it doesn't matter what you think you agreed to the tos.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    I'd like to point out that even though it was reversed, it doesn't mean what you did didn't break the ToS. Multiple reasons for a GM or company to reversed a ban.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Or people that don't wanna pull up with this shit? I won't report someone over that but i am quite tired of the useless shit in trade chat myself. I never understood playing the victim card in a case like this. OP said stupid shit and are mad people reported him.
    What is next? Robbing a store and complaining someone called the police? Yes its a radical example but the logic is the same.

When you randomly hit the terms of service accept button because you just want to play, you agree to the Blizzard rules and one of them got clearly broken. Who's fault is that but your own?

Give me an addon that blocks every message that involves certain words and trade chat would be such a happy place.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, the people following the rules are the really awful people.
    Not the one that are talking about drinking piss and eating dog shit in the trade channel.

Like do you even thought about that?
    http://www.curse.com/search?type=addons&search=badboy

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard hardly bans someone for a single message, if you get reported they most surely check the entire script of your messages. Unless said message contains enough bad language to warrant a ban itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'd like to point out that even though it was reversed, it doesn't mean what you did didn't break the ToS. Multiple reasons for a GM or company to reversed a ban.
    Quite yes, just because it was reversed doesn't mean it wasn't bad. Could just have been a situation where the use of it was considered weak / Under the fence
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Tbh I think its a bit silly that they banned you for that. I've seen much much worse in trade chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superslim View Post
    Tbh I think its a bit silly that they banned you for that. I've seen much much worse in trade chat.
    the others participating apparently got banned as well from what has been posted in the thread. it wasn't just that one guy that got banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's the mature language, there's a filter.
    The filter being present does not mean you're allowed to swear, it merely is there so that parents can stop their kids from seeing the swears you're throwing out.

I thought this might belong here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2_E-ghbdlo

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-12-27 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lll View Post
    I had no idea talking about dog shit was not permitted in chat. That's wild and incredibly tame compared to the normal going ons of every server I've played on. Thanks for the information as I'll be using it to report a lot more people for laughs.
    I guess it depends on the server community. I haven;t heard of many on mine.. and the type of stuff said by me and others is hilarious nasty sometimes. I guess my server is just super cool. Glad many of the whiny posters in this thread aren't on my server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Like thinking the ban was stupid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Like thinking the ban was stupid?
    To be honest, don't think it was reversed because it was 'stupid' but just because it was weak, not over the fence.

Though, as it is over there isn't much problem.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-12-27 at 02:18 PM.