Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question How far ahead is Prismatic Crystal?

I'm personally not enjoying Prismatic Crystal and was wondering if I went with either of the other 2 talents how far behind are they? I'm currently Frost and Arcane.
    For fire I see meteor is the best choice which suits me down to the ground, how far behind is Fire?

Assuming things stay the same are we expecting other talents for frost and arcane to out scale PC as we get better gear?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

PC and other 2 talents don't scale with gear THAT way as you said (e.g at il640 better to take PC, at il660 OP, at 680 AO. It's wrong, there no il brackets for talents). Oddly enough but your choose depends on encounter style mainly, not the gear.
    Last edited by arcaneshi; 2014-12-26 at 09:55 AM. Reason: misunderstanding from turskanaattori

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshi View Post
    PC and other 2 talents don't scale with gear as you said. Oddly enough but your choose depends on encounter style mainly, not the gear.
    How the fuck can a %-based damage increase NOT scale with gear?
    Typical_mage_player.jpg

Please refrain from posting large, unnecessary images. Especially if it is used to insult other posters.
    Last edited by LocNess; 2014-12-26 at 09:43 AM.

I don't know, I'm rolling PC still with 675, haven't even bothered trying out the other talents as burst is just insane. I play frost by the way.

i've never used PC, i hate it, it's just clunky and annoying... used TV the whole time, and since buffs have never struggled doing reasonable DPS.

could i get a theoretical boost in the perfect stationary fight? probably

is it worth how shit it makes playing a mage? nah.

Deleted
    For me I get higher dps with prismatic even though all of the uses aren't perfect. So it's still better than any other talent even though it's clunky.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm simming PC to be as good as TV under the perfect circumstances (procs etc.) for PC.

I'm eager to see how the 4-piece tier bonus affects the conjunction of Frost Bomb and PC since FO is always saved for PC anyway.

The CD increase on PC from the beta was complete bolognese though.

PC is ahead on every fight IMO but I have been testing TV on twin and it seems to outscale PC on damage if you take frost bomb and understand how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduro View Post
    I don't know, I'm rolling PC still with 675, haven't even bothered trying out the other talents as burst is just insane. I play frost by the way.
    Hate to break it to you but the "Burst" you're talking about has nothing to do with PC. Frost is just naturally super bursty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsse View Post
    Hate to break it to you but the "Burst" you're talking about has nothing to do with PC. Frost is just naturally super bursty.
    Actually it has everything to do with PC.

Ice nova 1.6 dmg multiplier, ice lance 1.6 multiplier, frostbolt 1.1 multiplier, icicles 1.6 multiplier, frozen orb 1.6 multiplier + huge increase in ice lance procs. (These are rough values, not exactly correct, but close enough)

@OP: PC is like 5% ahead for frost ,and less for the others, where meteor is best for fire.

http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=749 here is your numbers for Frost, so you can compare talents. I believe you can find the same info for other specs. If you are not min-maxer and don't play in Mythic guild you can spec whatever you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by methwow View Post
    PC is ahead on every fight IMO but I have been testing TV on twin and it seems to outscale PC on damage if you take frost bomb and understand how to use it.
    From the link I posted above your statement is nothing but true

10+ Year Old Account
    Try arcane with PC, you will know the meaning of burst xD....

has a lot to do with PC

a lot of the mages i've raided with have been MI+PC, and they burst to like.. 10-20k DPS more than me at the start of the fight depending on RNG

where my talent selection allows slightly higher constant DPS, so i end up a couple k higher by the end of the fight usually, depending on which fight, length etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not in Paragon so I play what is fun. Using TV is fun and my dps is very good in comparison to my raid.

Deleted
    I tried Prismatic Crystal once and didnt like it so Im staying with meteor or TV as for now.

I play my mage for fun, so Im not gonna let a boring spell ruin that for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I'm not in Paragon so I play what is fun. Using TV is fun and my dps is very good in comparison to my raid.
    You are however that this topic is asking about what gives the best performance and by how much it is ahead, you might as well replied in here with "i like cheese"

tried PC - hated it. im rolling with meteor, not a fun spell either but i like it more than PC. im a casual raider so i dont care if my dps drop 5% or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire isn't too bad. It isn't that far behind. I constantly switch specs between Frost and Fire in my guild runs. And Fire isn't generally that far behind with gemmed and enchanted for frost.

Personally I love Meteor. I think Fire is a lot better on Twins too.

Deleted
    One finnicky PC means TV will outperform. One good PC means PC will outperform.

Don't know why people complain so much about PC.. Yeah it's a bitch in the start to place correctly but when you get the hang of it, it's awesome. I like that you actually have to think abit about using it instead of just mindlessly pushing a button.