Poll: Which villain?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Some theory is that alt universe Illidan on Azeroth is going to be used to help defeat the burning legion, either this expansion or the BL expansion.

There's even some hint towards our universe Illidan surviving the BT raid. During the greenfire questline, Illidan's demons still reside in Outland and the warlocks question why since he is dead. It's just speculation but its better than nothing. A lot of people do want Illidan to come back as his story wasn't told very well during TBC compared to Arthas for example.

Arthas' story was in my opinion one of the best told in gaming, not so much for Illidan which is why bringing back a character like Arthas would be a very bad idea whereas, it seems perfect to tell some more story about Illidan. Illidan was never really a true villain though. He did some bad stuff but even as a demon, he helped save the world and he even liberated Outland and the broken still residing there from the legion. He's just a guy who's out to save himself and his followers, not purely evil.

The rest on the list are characters we don't care too much about or are just side-characters.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2014-12-26 at 06:24 PM.

Not Cho'Gall. They've brought him back like 3 times now.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the replies/poll prove... Illidan is the clear choice!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    Some theory is that alt universe Illidan on Azeroth is going to be used to help defeat the burning legion, either this expansion or the BL expansion.

There's even some hint towards our universe Illidan surviving the BT raid. During the greenfire questline, Illidan's demons still reside in Outland and the warlocks question why since he is dead. It's just speculation but its better than nothing. A lot of people do want Illidan to come back as his story wasn't told very well during TBC compared to Arthas for example.

Arthas' story was in my opinion one of the best told in gaming, not so much for Illidan which is why bringing back a character like Arthas would be a very bad idea whereas, it seems perfect to tell some more story about Illidan.

The rest on the list are characters we don't care too much about or are just side-characters.
    Well said, I agree completely. Wrath was much better in regards to presenting the villain and his motivations.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Stop giving Blizzard ideas!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Of the ones listed, Illidan is really the most likely candidate. His death had no real finality to it; he had no build-up or anything, and he pretty much just dropped dead after the fight with no fanfare. Whereas, for the rest:

Kael'thas had his comeback already.
    Cho'gall was a major villain and had plenty of screentime leading up to his death.
    Deathwing cannot come back. Nozdormu bound all timelines to the moment of Deathwing's destruction.
    Ragnaros also cannot come back. He was destroyed in the Plane of Fire; for elementals, that's permanent.
    Vashj was similarly killed without much lead-up or fanfare, but unless she comes back as a reanimated puppet of Azshara or something I can't see why Blizzard would bother to return her. She's too minor.
    The Lich King had plenty of lead-up and fanfare. I highly doubt Arthas as the Lich King will ever return. It's likely we'll see Bolvar as the Lich King again someday, but probably not anything like Arthas was.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather see someone new instead of recycled content to be honest. Wow is starting to feel like Capcom

Illidan, but I doubt he's coming back as a villain.

Seeing as Lilian Voss is out slaughting people with a sword that steals souls, I'd love to see her pick up the pieces of Frostmourne and start rampaging against the undead she hates, and the humans that betrayed her.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

As others have stated Illidan would be the most likely.

I do wish the whole deathwing fight could be revisited. The spine of deathwing fight was kind of a cool idea, but that final fight was so horribly disappointing (granted all of dragon soul was pretty disappointing) I was hoping for the greatest dragon fight we had ever seen but instead we got jump on platforms and wail on toes. So many ways that could have been handled better.

Illidan died and really deserved it, but I see most people just thing he was cool and should be brought back...

i voted illidan not only because the way they treated him in game was a huge disservice to his character arc but also because hes not actually dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan because he didn't deserve to die in the first place...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Cho'gall was already brought back and killed (See: Mythic Imperator Mar'gok) so you can take him off your list :P

Raid and instance Kael'thas riding not one but two jormungars.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not as up on my lore as I should be, but where IS Illidan during AU Draenor? Is it possible that he could logistically make an appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Deathwing cannot come back. Nozdormu bound all timelines to the moment of Deathwing's destruction.
    I just really, REALLY dislike the way Deathwing died. It was a step down from the Wrath story-telling.

- His human form was used once, for a joke quest
    - His involvement over the duration of the expansion was a minor appearance in the Goblin starting zone, Hyjal opening and Highlands opening/finale. Other than that he flew around random zones blowing smoke.
    - Cheesy power rangers dialogue repeated over and over again (Hour of Twilight falls! x10)
    - His death is him exploding into sparkles. No cinematic death which he deserved.
    - All his "destruction" happened out of game in book or between patches. I was expecting seeing zones get damaged as the expansion progressed

He just doesn't do anything, I honestly wouldn't mind a retcon of Burning Crusade OR Dragon Soul. Deathwing should have been epic and exciting. It was absolutely boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I just really, REALLY dislike the way Deathwing died. It was a step down from the Wrath story-telling.
    The problem with Deathwing's appearances during the questing experience was that Blizzard listened to feedback from players about Arthas appearing too often during questing through Wrath. Thus, Blizzard did their usual overcompensating and made Deathwing barely appear at all.

And yeah, they definitely should've used the Dragon Soul ending cinematic to show Deathwing's destruction, not the unnecessary "THRALL IS HAVING A BABY GUYS" one we got. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Ragnaros and Kael'thas?
    Might as well add Onyxia and Nefarian, amirite?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Garrosh, just to see the rage

10+ Year Old Account
    Only Endbosses that would be logical are

-Kil'Jaeden, since we didn't kill him.
    -Bolvar (technically time could whittle down his mind and he could become another Lich King bent on expansion)