Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Exactly what I've done. Tho I've set EH to only show if I'm under 75% HP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried to use Hekili for Mythic Hans'gar and Franzok for Chi Explosion dps and Hekili just breaks all the time. It'll get stuck with a blank page constantly and not know when to use chi explosion. I'll start to ignore it and it's tripping me up a lot.

What's up with Windwalker Chi explosion/ascension dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Hnikar View Post
    I've tried to use Hekili for Mythic Hans'gar and Franzok for Chi Explosion dps and Hekili just breaks all the time. It'll get stuck with a blank page constantly and not know when to use chi explosion. I'll start to ignore it and it's tripping me up a lot.

What's up with Windwalker Chi explosion/ascension dps?
    Give me your talents/glyphs and I'll look into it. Also, which version are you using? Let me know if the latest alpha has the issues you'd describe.

Note that H&F is a terrible fight for target detection, since they leap apart and back together so frequently. I'm considering adding some special functionality that will reset target detection based on certain fight mechanics, but there's nothing coded for it yet.

Your best bet in the interim would be to set the addon to manual/single-target mode, and set the AOE display to assume two targets. The primary display will be ideal for when 1 target is in range, the AOE display for 2 targets.
    Last edited by Hekili; 2015-05-15 at 11:36 PM.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

It's ben a while since I've fiddled with the addon's settings in regards to functionality, but is there a way to toggle or add a function whereby if you press a hotkey, the displayed recommended ability can be skipped over for a specific amount of time? Maybe for a few seconds or user input amount of time? I think this would be beneficial for abilities like cooldowns for which you may not want to disable those actions entirely, but having a hotkey to disable or delay it would be extremely helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshield13 View Post
    It's ben a while since I've fiddled with the addon's settings in regards to functionality, but is there a way to toggle or add a function whereby if you press a hotkey, the displayed recommended ability can be skipped over for a specific amount of time? Maybe for a few seconds or user input amount of time? I think this would be beneficial for abilities like cooldowns for which you may not want to disable those actions entirely, but having a hotkey to disable or delay it would be extremely helpful.
    There's not, but it's something I've thought about. My biggest issue with that kind of function is that it could easily backfire horribly, so you'd also need a way to undo it, and all of a sudden there's this complex meta-game for popping abilities in and out of the queue.

For instance, let's say you don't want to mash Earth Shock (as Ele) for some reason, so you mash the button to cause a 5s exclusion on Earth Shock. Except, right as you do it, Lava Surge procced and put Lava Burst at the head of the queue, so you've blocked it out for 5s instead. All of the ability recommendations you see are suddenly wrong and problematic. So now you need two keys or more to use the feature.

Unless I can come up with a way to set it up that is less cumbersome than leaving it out, I don't think I will implement this feature any time soon.

Hekili, you have a valid point concerning exclusions interfering with a proper rotation and maximum dps potential, however, priority addons already have an inherent flaw which is lacking context to what is going on in a given combat encounter in order to provide a more desirable outcome. It takes a certain amount of player responsibility to realize this and rely on experience and skill to substitute what addons can't do - adapt and provide proper feedback. With proper player input, a balance can be achieved. Maybe a timed exclusion is too rigid of a solution for most actions, but perhaps the activation and deactivation of a user controlled cooldown action list would be more in line with what I was proposing.

I like that the addon already gives you the ability to modify actions, displays, auto switch modes based on player preferences. I think this addition would be extremely beneficial, most notably longer cooldowns for which dps classes tend to be longer cooldowns with large dps gains and are given top priority in action lists and their displays.

For example, I may want to save Xuen and Serenity for certain burn phases, but I want to rely on my core abilities for an amount of time before I pop my CDs. It's difficult to do that when cooldowns such as those are enabled and I only have 3 icons showing in the queue. I know some might say increase the number of abilities shown in the queue, but I prefer a simple display without having to spend too much time glancing later in the queue at my abilities to cast and are not displayed as large. A simple keybind to toggle on or off a CD action list would be a more elegant solution that affords me more situational awareness in combat while managing my addon well.

Anyway, thanks for considering it whether you decide to implement this or not. Thanks for your hard work and contributions so far!

Hekili, you have a valid point concerning exclusions interfering with a proper rotation and maximum dps potential, however, priority addons already have an inherent flaw which is lacking context to what is going on in a given combat encounter in order to provide a more desirable outcome. It takes a certain amount of player responsibility to realize this and rely on experience and skill to substitute what addons can't do - adapt and provide proper feedback. With proper player input, a balance can be achieved. Maybe a timed exclusion is too rigid of a solution for most actions, but perhaps the activation and deactivation of a user controlled cooldown action list would be more in line with what I was proposing.
    The infrastructure is already in place for users to make a custom toggle and to make individual action list entries enabled/disabled based on those custom toggles. It's just not elegant.

I like that the addon already gives you the ability to modify actions, displays, auto switch modes based on player preferences. I think this addition would be extremely beneficial, most notably longer cooldowns for which dps classes tend to be longer cooldowns with large dps gains and are given top priority in action lists and their displays.
    I can add these as special class toggles in the newer versions (alphas), like how Paladin tier 90 talents are handled and Liquid Magma is handled for Shamans. It just needs to be made clear which abilities need their own default toggles (or which abilities should share a toggle).

For example, I may want to save Xuen and Serenity for certain burn phases, but I want to rely on my core abilities for an amount of time before I pop my CDs. It's difficult to do that when cooldowns such as those are enabled and I only have 3 icons showing in the queue. I know some might say increase the number of abilities shown in the queue, but I prefer a simple display without having to spend too much time glancing later in the queue at my abilities to cast and are not displayed as large. A simple keybind to toggle on or off a CD action list would be a more elegant solution that affords me more situational awareness in combat while managing my addon well.
    You can already turn cooldowns on or off, mid fight.

Let me know if I missed something or misinterpreted anything. Mahalo!

Well shit. My bad. I'm not accustomed to delving further into addon customization after I have things set up the way I like for a period of time. My mistake. Thanks!

Deleted
    First of all i want to thank you for the great job you've been doing on this addon, it really helped me alot to play my shaman to his limits. I wanted to ask if you plan on doing an addon for unholy dk's or if it is possible to do that myself using your addon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hekeli, just as an FYI for 6.2, I will most likely be using 2 new APL tags for the WW APL (haven't yet but more as a precausion)

t18_class_trinket = Boolean (True or False) where it looks to see if the WW Monk trinket; Sacred Draenic Incense; is equipped or not.

ie: (t18_class_trinket&buff.berserk.up&buff.tigers_fury.down) [Feral Druid example]

set_bonus.tier18_[2/4]pc=1 = Checks to see if T18 2 or 4 piece is equipped

ie: set_bonus.tier18_2pc=1
    set_bonus.tier18_4pc=1
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2015-06-08 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks for this awesome addons hekili!
    Is it there a way to set jab/tiger palm so it suggests jab only when I'm going to cap energy and keg smash is still on CD? I'd like to pool energy for EH
    (I play Brewmaster)

-------

edit

guess i'll try to change:

chi.current>=1&cooldown.keg_smash.remains>=gcd&(energy.current+(energy.regen*(cooldown.keg _smash.remains)))>=80

to:

chi.current>=1&cooldown.keg_smash.remains>=gcd&(energy.current+(energy.regen*(cooldown.keg _smash.remains)))>=95

----

edit 2

this won't work..

in order to pool an healty level of energy (~80 which is really usefull, while tanking, for emergency EH, expecially with 2p bonus in 6.2) you have to:

- move tiger palm to position "18" and add " energy.current<=80 "

- move expel harm to position "19" and change the last line of condition from ">=80" to ">80"

- move Jab to position "20" and change the last line of condition from ">=80" to ">80"

- add another action with tiger palm in position 21 without any condition

this is working quite well for me!

i've also removed every "chi spender" (purifying brew, guard, blackout kick) and every mitigation CD from display
    Last edited by Chzo; 2015-06-14 at 08:47 PM.

I've uploaded r211 as alpha; support for the set bonuses and T18 trinket should be functional. I can't test it myself at the moment, so if anybody wants to sign into the PTR on their Monk and buy the T18 gear, I'd appreciate it. Let me know if anything behaves in an unexpected way.

I did import the latest action lists as well.

Interrupts aren't displaying for me. I have tried resetting to default settings and still no joy.

Interrupts aren't displaying for me. I have tried resetting to default settings and still no joy.
    Good catch. Default SimulationCraft APLs don't include Spear Hand Strike, and I forgot to add it when importing the latest action lists. Will fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Chzo View Post
    Thanks for this awesome addons hekili!
    Is it there a way to set jab/tiger palm so it suggests jab only when I'm going to cap energy and keg smash is still on CD? I'd like to pool energy for EH
    (I play Brewmaster)

-------

edit

guess i'll try to change:

chi.current>=1&cooldown.keg_smash.remains>=gcd&(energy.current+(energy.regen*(cooldown.keg _smash.remains)))>=80

to:

chi.current>=1&cooldown.keg_smash.remains>=gcd&(energy.current+(energy.regen*(cooldown.keg _smash.remains)))>=95

----

edit 2

this won't work..

in order to pool an healty level of energy (~80 which is really usefull, while tanking, for emergency EH, expecially with 2p bonus in 6.2) you have to:

- move expel harm to position "19" and change the last line of condition from ">=80" to ">80"

- move Jab to position "20" and change the last line of condition from ">=80" to ">80"

i've also removed every "chi spender" (purifying brew, guard, blackout kick) and every mitigation CD from display
    Could you export your APL, I was planning to do the same, but as you've already done it..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chzo View Post
    edit 2

this won't work..

I'll see about updating SimC with the changes and see if that helps.

Hina, any chance you wanna put Spear Hand Strike at the top of the default action list like many of the other SimulationCraft profiles do?

I'm just asking so that I can be lazy when importing APLs and don't have to remember to manually add it to the addon. :/

I've been trying to use this as a sort of trainer for Windwalker, but it seems the top and bottom row both display the same thing. Is it just me?

Guard isn't working for either ST or AOE on Brewmaster displays.

Guard isn't working for either ST or AOE on Brewmaster displays.
    Works fine for me. Check out the Class Settings tab. There's a slider for Mitigation: Guard. You can set how much incoming damage you have to have taken before Guard is available. Or set it to 0.